Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A way to x2 your current FPS (worked for me)

rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

my computer is 5 years old its a strong one it run almost every game till now and hopefully for some more time

but in Gw2 when i go WvWvW my fps drops to 20 which is not that much fun but playable, so after searching a littel bit i found a way to x2 my current fps

so if you wnat to give it a shot try the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwm1uv2rJAo

its in english but anyway here is what to do:

1-go to control panle . hard ware and sounds the power optios and chose high preformance

2- start guild wars luncher then open task manger and then go to process chose guild wars2 right click and chose praioraty; chose high praioraty

all the best.

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Good thing the video is not in english, so I can watch it for nothing. Translation?

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Thank you. I appreciate the tip.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

If this actually works for the majority of people, I'd seriously question how the heck GW2 is coded.

Really? Process - High? REALLY?!

/Facepalm

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Well without knowing the specs of this 5 year old computer and what all crap the OP is running at the background with it, this tip might very well double the framerate for him.

My computer runs GW2 without capping the CPU so this tip would not increase my FPS one bit.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by jpnz

If this actually works for the majority of people, I'd seriously question how the heck GW2 is coded.

/Facepalm

I've just started playing GW2 and am really enjoying it, but I have to agree with jpnz here.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Well without knowing the specs of this 5 year old computer and what all crap the OP is running at the background with it, this tip might very well double the framerate for him.

My computer runs GW2 without capping the CPU so this tip would not increase my FPS one bit.

Software doesn't cap CPU like that, it doesn't work that way. This doesn't mean you wouldn't benefit, but it really depends on what other processes you're running. High doesn't mean jack squat if it's the only intensive process running.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by dimnikar
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Software doesn't cap CPU like that, it doesn't work that way. This doesn't mean you wouldn't benefit, but it really depends on what other processes you're running. High doesn't mean jack squat if it's the only intensive process running.

And how do you know it was the only intensive process the OP was running?

• MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127

Sounds to me that the OP needs to check out this site to make his system perform better.

http://www.blackviper.com

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

It looks like this is just how to fix two problems that you could conceivably be doing to sabotage your own frame rates.  They aren't specific to Guild Wars 2.

The first is that there are trade-offs between performance and power consumption, and Windows lets you manually make choices.  The defaults for a desktop or a laptop that is plugged in are probably high performance, but for a laptop running on a battery, it is probably low power consumption.  The latter throttles back performance in order to improve battery life.  Naturally, throttling back performance will tend to decrease your frame rates.  All that the original poster is saying is how to undo that and choose high performance instead.

The second is that if you have multiple programs running at the same time putting a considerable load on your processor, they may not simultaneously be able to get as much CPU power as you'd like.  The original poster tells you how to set Guild Wars 2 as higher priority, so that Windows will make more CPU cycles available to Guild Wars 2 whenever it wants them and less to whatever else you have running at the time.

A better solution is to not have any other CPU-intensive programs running at the same time as Guild Wars 2 (or any other game you play) so that Windows mostly doesn't have to prioritize.  Various background processes using 1% of CPU cycles isn't a big deal.  Alternatively, if you have enough CPU cores that Guild Wars 2 and whatever other programs can each get as many CPU cores as they can put to good use, having other programs running won't cause much of a performance hit.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by BitterClinger
    Originally posted by jpnz

/Facepalm

I've just started playing GW2 and am really enjoying it, but I have to agree with jpnz here.

i have had to do the same with skyrim and dozens of other games over the years really is nothing new..although for me in GW2 i can maintain a steady 60 fps on my system in most places.. only huge hits i really get are in dragon battles.. do you guys even know what process high does? ahh see quiz explained already:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg