Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion , bring in factional servers and you got me for life!

chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

This game is basicly a remake of my beloved Dark Age of Camelot, if you brought factional servers in I would be there for life!

1. Easier to identify sides

2. Alliances will sprout more quickly

3. Random ganks, fun, but get old and sometime annoying, can still happen in factional with people jumping the border, but more people will work togather in their own lands.

4. More boarder wars then just random battles, making for more organized pvp!

5. I think the biggest draw to the factional idea for me is like daoc, you just get a great community when you are at the start semi pre-determined ... "ok these guys are my buds! all of them!".

6. Settlements and defenses would forge more togather for defense etc, I can imagin some nice boarder walls etc ;)

7. Easier for starting players to get into and not rage and quit.

8. Opens up for a more friendly community just by the server rules.

-----------

add to the list or argue if you like, I just think factional would rock in this game.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by chaintm
    This game is basicly a remake of my beloved Dark Age of Camelot, if you brought factional servers in I would be there for life!

3. Random ganks, fun, but get old and sometime annoying, can still happen in factional with people jumping the border, but more people will work togather in their own lands.

5. I think the biggest draw to the factional idea for me is like daoc, you just get a great community when you are at the start semi pre-determined ... "ok these guys are my buds! all of them!".

6. settlements and defenses would forge more togather for defense etc, I can imagin some nice boarder walls etc ;)

-----------

add to the list or argue if you like, I just think factional would rock in this game.

They are only publishers.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    They wrote they will be modifying things for the western playing community. Obviously languages for one, but another is possible changes , they won't get into details thou, read that at pcgamer. edit: oh btw, they are not just a publisher ;P

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

No.

There are enough of game faction-based games already and way too few player faction-based games.

Then again, if it would be on a specific server only, go for it.

• sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

This game is basicly a remake of my beloved Dark Age of Camelot

I hope this isn't your actual expectation. It's nothing like Daoc, and there will be more than 3 "factions" - the point is, and it is an core element =

PLAYER FACTIONS WITH OWN CASTLES AND TERRITORY.

Asking to make "race" factions goes against anything they build up today.

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

Yeah,

By NO MEANS do I want the game only to support factions , I am just asking for a server, I know plenty that would come from GW2 to this game if they did, my guild for one. All x-daoc players. It would just fit our play style. Trion being the publisher (for this particular title) could request such, I have no doubt the tech is in place as the one dev (Seems lead) use to work here in the west and knows how people like the different variations. Factions would be a simple code in for what is flagged pvp and not, IE same faction no flag.

Anyways, that is what I do hope for.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

6. Settlements and defenses would forge more togather for defense etc, I can imagin some nice boarder walls etc ;)

-----------

ArcheAge  is not even remotely similar to DAoC.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by sea.shell

This game is basicly a remake of my beloved Dark Age of Camelot

I hope this isn't your actual expectation. It's nothing like Daoc, and there will be more than 3 "factions" - the point is, and it is an core element =

PLAYER FACTIONS WITH OWN CASTLES AND TERRETORIES.

Asking to make "race" factions goes against anything they build up today.

One to their own, I am not forcing your choice and if they offered such how would it effect you directly? My guess, your population would suffer, kinda selfish thinking but one to their own I guess.

• sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

Yeah,By NO MEANS do I want the game only to support factions , I am just asking for a server, I know plenty that would come from GW2 to this game if they did, my guild for one. All x-daoc players. It would just fit our play style. Trion being the publisher (for this particular title) could request such, I have no doubt the tech is in place as the one dev (Seems lead) use to work here in the west and knows how people like the different variations. Factions would be a simple code in for what is flagged pvp and not, IE same faction no flag.Anyways, that is what I do hope for.

Jake Song is the mother of all Player Faction MMOs it's insulting to call him "lead" or dev. :P

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

Originally posted by azzamasin

-----------

ArcheAge  is not even remotely similar to DAoC.

It is as far as quality , pvp and basic seige mechanics, I definitly won't insult the game by saying it's like darkfall.

Yeah,

By NO MEANS do I want the game only to support factions , I am just asking for a server, I know plenty that would come from GW2 to this game if they did, my guild for one. All x-daoc players. It would just fit our play style. Trion being the publisher (for this particular title) could request such, I have no doubt the tech is in place as the one dev (Seems lead) use to work here in the west and knows how people like the different variations. Factions would be a simple code in for what is flagged pvp and not, IE same faction no flag.

Jake Song is the mother of all Player Faction MMOs it's insulting to call him "lead" or dev. :P

Sorry i don't live breath gaming,  sadly I have to work for a living. If he respresents the game and talked about working with another development house in the west , that would qualify him as a developer. This is a prime reason to have factions, additudes. Have a few thousand elitest mindset players on one server  or have options that allow for a more casual enviroment. I take the ladder as  a player and as a business person if I had the choice no doubt.

The threads in this forum already state constantly "the idea of a constant gank fest is a real turn off" well factions helps that allot. Agree with it or not, it will and that would be a Win Win for Trion.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Well then I want a "special" server where there is t any PvP.  And we can all be the stars of our own heroic destiny tale. :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Man if you want DAoC you are expecting the wrong game...

And no I dont approve of your idea

player made factions > three factions > two factions

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

The threads in this forum already state constantly "the idea of a constant gank fest is a real turn off" well factions helps that allot. Agree with it or not, it will and that would be a Win Win for Trion.

Yet I never found that games like these are a constant gank fest. If you believe the idea is a turn off then well change YOUR ideas instead of the game?  I think it way more fun and interesting to have fluid alliances instead of ones set in stone. This will create a more friendly community because YOU can decide who you want in your alliance. While in a set faction setting anyone and any guild can join your alliance. 

Also I doubt poeple will rage quit less, because the saver you feel the more annoying it is to be killed. If I were to be killed in a high sec in EvE by a player. Changes are I would rage quit and I do hardly ever do that. Yet if it happen in low sec I would write it off as part of the game. Even though you know high sec is not a guarentee not to be killed yet you do not expect it.

A combination might be interesting. Having 3 set factions and then giving people the change to create there own if they desire. You do indeed give people at place to belong from the get go and this might help. However I doubt it has that much inpact in AA because you get eased into the game until level 30 anyway.  

• deathevaderdeathevader Member Posts: 2

Yeah,

Sorry i don't live breath gaming,  sadly I have to work for a living. If he respresents the game and talked about working with another development house in the west , that would qualify him as a developer. This is a prime reason to have factions, additudes. Have a few thousand elitest mindset players on one server  or have options that allow for a more casual enviroment. I take the ladder as  a player and as a business person if I had the choice no doubt.

This ladder you speak of, is it the corporate ladder? Since you mention you are such a keen businessman. Or did you mean "latter", in the given context that if it was up to you, you would prefer the last option that you mentioned?

As for the "gank fest" conundrum, Archeage currently has bloodmarks - jail system in place, though this is subject to change since the game is still in beta. And trion might feel it is too eastern to throw someone in jail for committing a crime, they might want to westernise it and allow the rich folk buy their way out of such situations.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The trouble is the actual combat mechanics of rift just don't support good pvp. Heavy macroing, too many abilities, bad wow style cc that you just shove in as part of a damage rotation etc..

Trion would be better marketing defiance and Archeage at pvpers.
    Allot of opinions for those that it wouldn't effect other then less to gank, any negative responses to this are just that, this has no effect on your direct gameplay beyond the fact that the community has a choice. One , that I might add , you don't have to make.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Allot of opinions for those that it wouldn't effect other then less to gank, any negative responses to this are just that, this has no effect on your direct gameplay beyond the fact that the community has a choice. One , that I might add , you don't have to make.

Because your trying to take one game and turn it into another. Its a slap in the face to Jake Song and XLGames to tear down what they had a vision to create and try and turn it into something else 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Originally posted by Vunak23

Because your trying to take one game and turn it into another. Its a slap in the face to Jake Song and XLGames to tear down what they had a vision to create and try and turn it into something else 

Opinion, not fact good to see people are passionite about someones vision and have such insight into what a person thinks. If I didn't know better, I would think multiple people here are married to the guy.

• ThandrasThandras Member Posts: 41

Is it me or does everyone seem to be missing his point? He asked for a SERVER to be added with factions. Not to change the entire game?

May be my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be but that doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. It might actually open the game up to more revenue by provding a medium for people that would enjoy that type of system.

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386
    This is my biggest fear about Trion being the ArcheAge publishers here in NA, trying to change the game too much. I've been waiting a long time for someone to make a game like EVE but in a fantasy setting with actual avatars and would really hate to see Trion screw it up.
  • xSyngexxSyngex Member Posts: 44

8. Opens up for a more friendly community just by the server rules.

-----------

What where do I down load this?............

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386
    Originally posted by Thandras

Is it me or does everyone seem to be missing his point? He asked for a SERVER to be added with factions. Not to change the entire game?

May be my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be but that doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. It might actually open the game up to more revenue by provding a medium for people that would enjoy that type of system.

We tried that argument with Trion during the Rift alpha and although they said they would entertain the idea of having servers with different rulesets, the idea was eventually dismissed. I guess having multiple versions of game code for different server types is just too much work, hassle, cost...whatever excuse they want to come up with.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Personally I am kind of tired of factions. Give me a game where all races can guild up with each other and let guilds have at it. I am also tired of not being able to talk to opposing factions, a little back and forth never hurt anyone.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by Vunak23

Opinion, not fact good to see people are passionite about someones vision and have such insight into what a person thinks. If I didn't know better, I would think multiple people here are married to the guy.

Considering they created what they created, and have come out and said in many interviews what there vision was for ArcheAge and how happy they were with what they created its pretty easy to say that the vision they had was what they created. Not what you wish they had created, or they would have created what you wished.....

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'd rather them leave it alone and release it as it was made, but in English of course though, and not modify anything for us here in the West.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot