Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Morbid - Jonestown, best documentary - not for children

greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

This may be the best documentary I have ever seen on the subject.

Sharing it for anyone that likes this sort of stuff to try to understand human manipulation and ways to not be affected by it or at least recognize the techniques. Learning from history if you will. The second link is something that makes more sense after you see the documentary. It explains what led up to the incident that ended their existence. It is real life sounds from the moments they had given up. It is not for children.

If it's too dark and morbid for the site, I understand if someone asks for it to be removed. I see things like this as no different from studying roman tactics for fighting, those also resulted in many deaths. I like learning no matter the subject so maybe I'm darker in that regard than some.

Don't visit the link below if you are underage without parental review first. No nudity but explicit sounds.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Warren, MEPosts: 3,996Member
    Originally posted by greenreen

Don't visit the link below if you are underage without parental review first. No nudity but explicit sounds.

The documentary was a pretty good representation of the character of not only Jim Jones but also of the People's Temple in general. One thing though... The line I quoted above is going to have every 15 year old on this site going to that link first. Most kids wouldn't even be interested in this topic. Usually warnings like the one above have a reverse effect. Just FYI.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• AnslemAnslem Ft. Lauderdale, FLPosts: 215Member

Loved watching a documentary on Jonestown a year or so ago.  It was fascinating. 

I think it was on TLC and was about cults, etc.  Some pretty crazy shit went down there. 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYPosts: 911Member Uncommon

And for those that prefer reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

• MaidenberryMaidenberry QCPosts: 30Member
    this is sad :(