Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Trion Worlds Inks Deal for Publication

Comments

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    An excellent choice. Very commendable :D
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMKano was right!!!! Have to hand it to that guy, he called the shot and hit it over the fence! Nice job DMKano.

As far as TRION doing the pub? Nothing to say but AWESOME!

This game is going to be epic. No bout adoubt it..........!

All Will Be Well.....

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    SoE would have been a better choice. Or any company that hasn't made a WoW clone...
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Alright XLgames. Showing good decision making. 

Gratz to both companies.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Sigilaea

I am  astonished at what I am seeing. This site is home to the largest collection of cynical "Negative Nancys" I ever saw and damn near everyone is being upbeat and dare I say...happy?

No, everyone is getting high off the possibilities their expecations are generating.  Come down is a bitch.

Tell me why is everyone getting excited about this?

It's great news for people that follow the game. It's not that hard to figure out. 

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    SoE would have been a better choice. Or any company that hasn't made a WoW clone...

You've gotta be kidding lol,you mean SOE that has basically turned EQ2 into a WOW clone??I love EQ2 but please,it became so WOWified over the year's.

Funny stuff.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    and...i just got excited about AA for the first time.  love me some Trion.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    ;Sigilaea: they're not really this happy. they're just throwing a party at what they perceive as a loss for NCSoft.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Did anyone see this

http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#4hK39mgJaq6fV3ou.99

Specifically -- "Trion will translate the title and make changes to suit Western audiences."

God Damn it!  

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Did anyone see this

http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#4hK39mgJaq6fV3ou.99

Specifically -- "Trion will translate the title and make changes to suit Western audiences."

God Damn it!  

doesn't say gameplay changes could just be dialogue related stuff

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

Did anyone see this

God Damn it!  

I dont see them really changing the game,just translation and such.From what I've read they're wanting to get this out in the west this year,so I don't see any real change to the game.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

NCsoft Trion ....I couldnt care less

Give me the bloody thing translated and I give my money

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

Cant believe Trion wants to get this game out by late this year!!!! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!!! 

But if theres one thing for sure, Trion works incredibly fast in whatever they do from pumping out content etc. 

This is gonna be way too awesome

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

This can hopefully be a great NA release then as I believe Trion has done a good job with Rift. They updated it and added new content regularly and seemed to at least pay some attention to its playerbase. My only issue with them is that they made some severe changes to Rift that I could not go along with such as merging the factions so they can group/guild/pvp together.

I am looking forward to what they can do with this title.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Did anyone see this

God Damn it!  

Most likely refering to localization.  Goes beyond straight translation.  For example a joke such as a pun that was funny in one language would have to be completely rewritten.

Could possibly refer to the payment model too.  I can't really see them making any changes beyond that, at least not any changes that wouldn't be approved by the Archeage developers first.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I've been anticipating the day we'd hear news about who XLGames would choose as its Western publisher, with some trepidation and dread, thinking it would wind up in NCSoft's or Perfect World's hands, but I never saw this coming.

This not only alleviates a mjaority of my worries, but now I am placing ArcheAge really high on my "anticipated titles" list.

I fizzled out on RIFT, but I won't deny that it was a solid title that was able to quickly adapt to the desires of its audience, adding a LOT of solid new content through update patches.

I feel mostly confident that ArcheAge will be in very good hands.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Is this game Item Shop, Subscription or a hybrid?

Not read much about it but it keeps propping up alot. However experiance from previous games tend to always be a big letdown and many features are simply not implemented which is 1 reason why i dont tend to read about upcomming games untill they are close to release.

If its item shop i will have to pass, if its subscription based i may go for it (if the game is done well) if its a hybrid it all depends.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

First I hear it's TRION publishing the game and I'm like... awesome!

Then I hear they aim to launch in 2013 and I'm like... imageimage

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    I'm shocked at how many people are excited that the company behind one of the most blatant and uninspired WoW clones are publishing this.

You have to be kidding me.  Wow copied every game before it and polished it and made it playable. Trion made Rift which has better graphics, a more dynamic world, and has taken that type of gameplay farther than WOW ever did...  I don't see WOW adding player housing...do you??

On top of this they offer the best support for a live game..period. This is awesome news.   What a sad Wow fanboy. 

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock
    I'm shocked at how many people are excited that the company behind one of the most blatant and uninspired WoW clones are publishing this.

You have to be kidding me.  Wow copied every game before it and polished it and made it playable. Trion made Rift which has better graphics, a more dynamic world, and has taken that type of gameplay farther than WOW ever did...  I don't see WOW adding player housing...do you??

On top of this they offer the best support for a live game..period. This is awesome news.   What a sad Wow fanboy. 

I agree, rift has done much to make a great game. And i laugh so hard everytime someone says WOW was original and everything is a clone.

Trion actualy is a good company, i have never had a single issue with them unlike others. It should be a good match up and great advancement in the game as time goes on. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    awesome news..
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Great news!!!
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by cronius77

man the fanboism and clueless things said in this thread are insane. Trion is going to distribute it in the US , it would not matter if its NCsoft EA or Trion for that matter they do not release content the devs do with archeage.  Trion is by far not all that successful with their only release so far bleeding subs since day 1 of release and an expansion that still cant fill up the servers or create new ones.

This is a good move for Trion though if they want to stay in business since rift is far from a smash hit. They get a cut of profit now made by archeage or at least a contract payment for service so its a smart move. But bashing other companies here for being publishers shows nothing but stupidity seriously.

Something tells me that Trion won't only be distributing the game, but will also be responsible for localizing the game for Westerners.  You know, doing the translations and adding / removing content that is more appropriate for Western audiences.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Did anyone see this

God Damn it!  

You had to KNOW that would happen.  PC has infested way too much of NA to risk "offending" the tender "sensitivities" of certain types.  Its just not worth the hysteria and the resulting bad PR.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

My mind goes straight to

“Won't somebody please think of the children westerners?!”