Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

School wars ?

SQTOSQTO victoria, BCPosts: 188Member

I was excited about school wars when I was first reading about this game but then I was very disappointed that it was on a timed event.  Personally I hate it when mmo’s have timed events because I play at very random times during the week and so far I have only seen the school war events happen on weekends.  I was hoping for a more ongoing event with the wars that would span days. 

I have never been on when one happens so am I wrong on how this works ?

Comments

  • Sal1Sal1 Twin Cities, MNPosts: 181Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SQTO

    I was excited about school wars when I was first reading about this game but then I was very disappointed that it was on a timed event.  Personally I hate it when mmo’s have timed events because I play at very random times during the week and so far I have only seen the school war events happen on weekends.  I was hoping for a more ongoing event with the wars that would span days. 

    I have never been on when one happens so am I wrong on how this works ?

    I believe if you press N and bring up that menu it will be listed under school events. I think it's on only one night a week on maybe Friday or Saturday evening.

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member

    The "official" school wars happen late one friday and saturday I believe.

    Guild wars happen more often, spy events happen whenever you want, school stealing events happen nightly.

  • SQTOSQTO victoria, BCPosts: 188Member
    ya i have been enjoying the spy missions, but it looks like i should join a guild to get some constant pvp.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member
    In a guild you can also do escort quests which turn into PvP events often enough, or you can do the duels which are one vs one practice rounds...but they are ranked which is kind of nice. You can try kidnapping in chengdu, I promise someone will try and kill you.
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,267Member Uncommon

    They are every friday and saturday at 21:00.

     

    I know you didnt ask, but out of all the wonderous systems of AoW, atm school wars is the worst. I've been about 5 of them, my experience ranges for when is it over, to wtf is this ilum?!?! 

     

    There are some serious issues with spawn points at the moment which leads to 40 people in a 2 meter protective bubble with about 80  people outside spamming, waiting for someone from the inside to lose protection. This happens at some point every single war. 

     

    At the moment you are not missing much trust me. I'm sure they will get it right, it's just shocking that everything else is spot on then there is this mess.

  • SQTOSQTO victoria, BCPosts: 188Member
    Originally posted by bcbully

    They are every friday and saturday at 21:00.

     

    I know you didnt ask, but out of all the wonderous systems of AoW, atm school wars is the worst. I've been about 5 of them, my experience ranges for when is it over, to wtf is this ilum?!?! 

     

    There are some serious issues with spawn points at the moment which leads to 40 people in a 2 meter protective bubble with about 80  people outside spamming, waiting for someone from the inside to lose protection. This happens at some point every single war. 

     

    At the moment you are not missing much trust me. I'm sure they will get it right, it's just shocking that everything else is spot on then there is this mess.

    thanks, I dont feel like i am missing out on anything now.  when i read about school wars they sounded like fun but that does not always transfer to playing it.

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member

    From what I understand school wars are designed around more powerful players than were in the game up until a few days ago.

     

    That is the winning side should be able to kill the opposing boss npc and then achieve victory. What actually happened was the winning side, though strong enough to take over the entire map and bottle neck the opposing team into one area, was not able to kill the boss chracter that represented victory. So you had them just camping the spawn point on the map because there was nothing to be done.

    Hopefully, with the second internal, we will see some actual victory conditions start to emerge instead of a 30 minute slogfest we have been having.

    The mechanics of it are similar to an alteric valley type of BG in that there are positions you have to take and doing so buffs your teams strength, and there are two "boss' npc's that represent the victory conidition. Of course there is the political element as well, as who attacks who and who helps is often determined by who leads what school and what guild members/friends/allies/enemies they have in charge of other schools.

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,267Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

    From what I understand school wars are designed around more powerful players than were in the game up until a few days ago.

     

    That is the winning side should be able to kill the opposing boss npc and then achieve victory. What actually happened was the winning side, though strong enough to take over the entire map and bottle neck the opposing team into one area, was not able to kill the boss chracter that represented victory. So you had them just camping the spawn point on the map because there was nothing to be done.

    Hopefully, with the second internal, we will see some actual victory conditions start to emerge instead of a 30 minute slogfest we have been having.

    Hmm you might be right Gary. That may be the problem, or atleast part of it.  Out of my 5 or 6 times in there, we did manage to kill the other schools head once. That gave us the victory.  

     

    Come to think about it though there was still pretty heavy spawn camping in that war as well. If I remember correctly I remember syaying to myself "I hope the hold them while we kill the boss." Hold them as in camp that 2m area :p 

     

    Like I said I'm sure they will get it on par with the other 99% of the game soon.

  • CnameCname KinabaluPosts: 125Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bcbully

    There are some serious issues with spawn points at the moment which leads to 40 people in a 2 meter protective bubble with about 80  people outside spamming, waiting for someone from the inside to lose protection. This happens at some point every single war.  

    At the moment you are not missing much trust me. I'm sure they will get it right, it's just shocking that everything else is spot on then there is this mess.

    Does the current AoW CB school wars involve capturing five flags (initially neutral, each giving different buffs to the side holding it) that play a large part in determining which side would be victorious?  

    "A game is fun if it is learnable but not trivial" -- Togelius & Schmidhuber

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member
    Originally posted by Cname
    Originally posted by bcbully

    There are some serious issues with spawn points at the moment which leads to 40 people in a 2 meter protective bubble with about 80  people outside spamming, waiting for someone from the inside to lose protection. This happens at some point every single war.  

    At the moment you are not missing much trust me. I'm sure they will get it right, it's just shocking that everything else is spot on then there is this mess.

    Does the current AoW CB school wars involve capturing five flags (initially neutral, each giving different buffs to the side holding it) that play a large part in determining which side would be victorious?  

    Yea the arrays are in the game, the problem was even full array on the attacking team could be one shot killed by the npc boss even at full 36 internal he took my scholar down to 90%. Throw in even one defender or two of those nuke aoe's and he resets...thus making it a huge challange borderline impossible.

     

    Hopefully with the tier 2 internal some of the HP values go up in relation to what they (the npc) can dish out and we can have real victory.

  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member
    not sure about it, it came to game with 3rd one, so still may be hard
Sign In or Register to comment.