Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Path of Exile Cash shop

2»

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore salem, ORPosts: 672Member
    I was missing the point? I have a thread about there not being gold in game...

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• causscauss sonnegaPosts: 668Member
    Together with League of Legends, this is the best cash shop I've seen. I also gave Path of Exile some money by buying a pack. But with both games, it is completely optional to play while using the cash shop. The game is totally free. In the end, if I play a lot, I buy some stuff from the cash shop, because I like the game, not because I need to progress. The prices may or may not be steep, but in the end they have a business. I say well done Grinding Gear Games for creating an absolute gem of a game.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,757Member Uncommon

the currency pricing seems ok to me, we would have to see how they price the items though. Sadly i wont be playing this game unless they add WASD movement, which they wont. Therefore, im out.

Enjoy the game everyone.

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,187Member Uncommon

What could be in the cash shop that would require $250?  This isn't an mmo with a persistent world is it?

I'll stick with Torchlight 2 where for $20 I get the entire game and can still play online and lan.  I realize TL2 isn't as deep or complex, but it's still a damn fun arpg and it has its own style.

Maybe I'm missing something but that just seems steep and I'm not seeing the value here for an indie clone game.

• VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,968Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

What could be in the cash shop that would require $250?  This isn't an mmo with a persistent world is it?

I'll stick with Torchlight 2 where for $20 I get the entire game and can still play online and lan.  I realize TL2 isn't as deep or complex, but it's still a damn fun arpg and it has its own style.

Maybe I'm missing something but that just seems steep and I'm not seeing the value here for an indie clone game.

It's only fluff in the cash shop. The only thing not cosmetic is extra character slots and bank space.. BUT you get loads of bank space and character slots for nothing anyway. More space and character slots than TL2 anyway. You get the full game for nothing, it's cheaper than TL2... it really is free. No experience boosters, nothing like that.. No strings.

• minttunatorminttunator ViimsiPosts: 131Member
    Originally posted by jpnole

Yeah I was hoping for a more favorable conversion rate compared to CB support packs. I held off on getting one because I thought my $50 would go further. Oh well. For now I am going to focus on getting the premium stashes and some of the cheaper deals available.

The higher packs do, though - i.e. the $100 supporter pack gave people 1000 points, as opposed to $100 giving 1065 points now. True, the supporter packs contained additional stuff, but I think if they started giving out much better deals now then a lot of the early supporters would start complaining. 

2»