Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THIS is what D3 should have been like.

Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

This game plays like Diablo 2 did. Why Blizz didnt stick to the gold old ways is beyond me but this game goes to show you that there was nothign wrong with it! I feel like im playing a updated D2 and LOVING IT! Been having the most fun ive had in a year that no other game has yet to deliver. Shur they have there problems here n there but are adressing it!

Here are some of the highlights i loved about this game:

-MODS and DEVS in GAME! they actually talk to there players and moderate chat! I seen 1 mod hand out a temp mute to a spammer who was spamming in all caps! A++ never seen any other game that has mods dedicated to the global chat!

-NO there will NOT be a AH! Is what a Dev told me! PRAIS BE TO ALLA!

-Skill tree looks confuzing at first but really its easy ass cake! And most of it isnt even skills its just stats like DEX and  STR.

-PvP PvP PvP..need i say more?

-NO GOLD AS CURRENCY! yup no gold you trade items FOR items even at vendors! Kinda fun actually i liek it!

and much much more but i dont have time to type it all cuz im going back to play sum more!

I see this game taking up ALOT of my time just like D2 did...i would GLADLY play 59.99 for this game if it wasnt FREE TO PLAY!

The cash shop is purly 100% cosmetic items! Pets, glow effects too your weapons, or armor, dance moves, bigger bank slots, more char slots. So really there is ZERO need to even use it...but i did since i love this game O SO MUCH! Bought me a lil green frog pet :p and a purple glow to my sword :p

THIS IS DIABLO 3! Not the utter failure Blizz released!

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    I´ve been playing beta for quite some time and i agree,the game rocks! :)
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

It's good and it's better than D3 in more ways than it's not.. but I think a lot of people are suffering from the 'new shiny' syndrome. It's not perfect by any means.. there's just more discovery and less handholding. Once that novelty goes there's a lot of issues the game has. Some people are overhyping.

.. but it's good. Everyone should at least try it, it's free afterall.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Agree completly. I have been in and out of beta since about mid-last year. Enjoyed every bit of time I spent on it. Its amazing how small companies seem to make better quality games then the multimillion dollar ones that have been around forever (Blizzard). Lets hope Grinding Gear doesnt fall into the same slump in the future.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I want some easy ass cake. Sounds bootyful.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    This game is better than Diablo 3, I agree.
  • Wraith0Wraith0 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I have only played a few hours and this game is really good.  A true heir to the old D2.  
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Wraith0
    I have only played a few hours and this game is really good.  A true heir to the old D2.  

Actually I feel like its more of an heir to Diablo 1 than too. Diablo 2 had a bit more of a Blizzardesque animated feel not as dark and gritty. Also Diablo 2 had strict classes more like diablo 3.

PoE however seems to have a more open system similar to Diablo 1 where you pick a class but all the skills(gems) and what not are shared amongst all the classes. Also that dark more realistic spooky look is similar to Diablo 1 rather than 2.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Yea, I have to agree POE is way better than Diablo 3.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    I want some easy ass cake. Sounds bootyful.

I loves me some easy ass cake.  image   However, yes this game is great.  This is one of the best F2P setups I have seen in a game.  You can tell the devs made this game with a lot of luv too in the passive skill tree and the way skills work.  It has a few rough edges, but I'm sure those will go away since the game just started it's open beta.  It's definitely closer to D2 than D3 was.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• LurkersLurkers Member Posts: 20
    LOL good one diablo3 is alot better then this heap of trash get real a few thousand haters vs millions of lovers! gg well played blizzard take my $$$.
  • Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

What did you guys want from Diablo 3 in the first place? 

Mounts?

Houses with a farmville component?

An expansive world bgiger than 64 WOW maps glued together to get utterly lost in?

A full-fledged MMO set in Sancturary to do raids agianst Diablo and all the other lords of Hell?

Even with the online requirement and no LAN or Offline mode, I think they did a good job.  Kill packs of monsters, grab increasingly powerful items do pimp yourself out and ultimetly kill the devil.  That is the CORE of the entire Diablo franchize. 

Hoardslaying.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by Mondo80

Mounts?

I can only speak for myself, but I was hoping for: 

• meaningful character development
    • longevity
    • dark atmosphere
    • no P2W
    D3 is obviously a huge financial success and a good game for many people - it's just not what I was looking for, personally. 
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

So you wanted D3 to be a poor D2 clone?

Glad we cleared that up.

You're throwing support to a game which doesn't even have a viewing distance to truly support a ranged class. Something which I told them in my almost 1 year closed beta tenure. Yet, I was IGNORED. 

This game's features were dictated by D2 fans with biased and unrealistic views of what D2 was like. And it shows.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Funny how PoE fans desperately try to look down on D3. You should see ingame general chat...

Both games are pretty good. You guys should instead be happy for different options in same genre and thank for it.

Grow up, not down.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

@OP I agree..

This is a great game and what D3 should have been instead of that scooby doo style graphics and other crap that D3 turned out to be..

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    It's difficult for me to judge this game objectively because it's free compared to D3's 60$ so i feel like I will automatically diss on D3 more. That said, I do have this strange feeling where I want to give the PoE guys my money where as blizzard I just wanted to get my money back.........
  • AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Yep, I agree with the OP. I think PoE is better than D2. The gameplay is more fun for me and the game is more complex and deep.
  • Scorp2778Scorp2778 Member Posts: 31

1. PvP.

2. Random maps.

3. More than 1 viable build for my monk.

4. I would LOVE a never ending dungeon that got progressively harder each level. 

I have hopes that the game will have 2 of the 4 on my list before too long. I don't know that I will ever see the other 2.

To be on topic though, I have been playing and enjoying Path of Exile. I like how characters develop in the game and the skill system is nice. The lack of currency besides items is an interesting concept too. It will be interesting to see how PoE evolves from here on.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Scorp2778

1. PvP.

See next patch, dueling and 4 player FFA

2. Random maps.

Been in since release

3. More than 1 viable build for my monk.

How about trying other builds rather than the one the interwebz tell you to use, gear often dictates your build in D3 so there is no reason to go with the flavour of the month unless you have the gear to support it.

4. I would LOVE a never ending dungeon that got progressively harder each level. 

Agree, that would be sweet

I have hopes that the game will have 2 of the 4 on my list before too long. I don't know that I will ever see the other 2.

To be on topic though, I have been playing and enjoying Path of Exile. I like how characters develop in the game and the skill system is nice. The lack of currency besides items is an interesting concept too. It will be interesting to see how PoE evolves from here on.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Falcomith
    Agree completly. I have been in and out of beta since about mid-last year. Enjoyed every bit of time I spent on it. Its amazing how small companies seem to make better quality games then the multimillion dollar ones that have been around forever (Blizzard). Lets hope Grinding Gear doesnt fall into the same slump in the future.

This +1 and +1

It is just awesome to see what they have crafted.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Mounts?

An expansive world bgiger than 64 WOW maps glued together to get utterly lost in?

A full-fledged MMO set in Sancturary to do raids agianst Diablo and all the other lords of Hell?

Even with the online requirement and no LAN or Offline mode, I think they did a good job.  Kill packs of monsters, grab increasingly powerful items do pimp yourself out and ultimetly kill the devil.  That is the CORE of the entire Diablo franchize. 

Hoardslaying.

well, as a casual player i NEVER had a decent item dropping in 3 MONTHS, so what i had to do to get gear that was KINDA good, i was forced to the AH........now i had just spend 50€ for a game AND i had to buy gear just because it wouldt drop for me.....so that was the moment i quit.

yeah yeah i hear ya....farm ingame gold right?? wrong.....after 5 evenings of playtime (casual) i had less then 10k gold collected so to buy an item that was 100k i had to WORK hard to farm it in 10 f******* WEEKS.

Good items go on the AH for 2 to 3 MIL (you do the math how long i had to farm gold to get a GOOD item....just 1 ffing good item.

So its not just kill and grab....maybe for people why have the time to farm more then 4 to 5 hours every day but no way for a casual like me.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by oubers

Good items go on the AH for 2 to 3 MIL

You've been away for awhile. Good items now go for about 100 million+

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

So you wanted D3 to be a poor D2 clone?

Glad we cleared that up.

You're throwing support to a game which doesn't even have a viewing distance to truly support a ranged class. Something which I told them in my almost 1 year closed beta tenure. Yet, I was IGNORED. 

This game's features were dictated by D2 fans with biased and unrealistic views of what D2 was like. And it shows.

Right on the money brotha!

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Not played poe

But have played d3 and tl2.

Tl2 feels much more like d2 than d3 does.

Also I disagree on d3 having random maps, it feels very repetitive on 2nd play through compared to tl2 which has much more randomness.

Finally tl2 is way less cookie cutter in how you build your character
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    aaaand still chat is filled with people wondering why the game isn't more like D3.  Go figure :P

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.