Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Interview] ArcheAge: Jake Song On Teaming with Trion

Comments

• redcappredcapp brook, NYPosts: 722Member

This is awesome.  I hated Rift, but its clear that Trion is more than competent.

And lol @ the guy above me.  "Only 10 abilities?"  Can you read?

• Sys7emSys7em Edmonds, WAPosts: 119Member Uncommon
    This is Great news! Very excited 
  • aranhaaranha StockholmPosts: 170Member

Trion is perfect for this! Best news ive heard in months!

Wieeee! :D

• evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    As long as the refrain from the asinine ads about the competition and worry more about the attitude toward their own games then Trion is indeed a good choice.
    incoming gw2 bashing campaign followed by failure.

Trion also had their own "Not in Azeroth Anymore" along with some panda marketing blurb.  They've poked at WoW since before release.  It hasn't worked out so well for them.  They should focus and save the smack talking until after success.

No MMO can touch success of WOW but that doesn't mean Rift  isn't success and Trion isn't a success as a company.

And while we are subject of poking WOW..head honcho of GW2 Mike O Brian claimed he won't rest till he beats WOW and become number one.... what do you have to say about his pipe dream?

Atleast Trion did it in a way which was humorus and light hearted and didn't make any ridiculous and over the top statements like Mike O Brian.

It was a goal, its good to have those you know, otherwise you get lazy. He didn't say that GW2 would beat WoW, he just said he will keep working towards that, because its his goal.

• DewmDewm Soldotna, AKPosts: 1,341Member

..we all agree?

wtf *looks for hell freezing over*

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!

• tkoreapertkoreaper Castroville, TXPosts: 401Member Common
    I think Trion's ads for Rift which referenced WoW were not necessarily to mock WoW, but to state that it's not like it... Like most games were at the time. In a day in age where people love to cry "WoW Clone" I don't blame them.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Jacksonville, FLPosts: 984Member Uncommon
    Love the Trion choice.  AA is on the radar again.  Eff yeah.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Brooklyn, NYPosts: 1,164Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sygris
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Good decision with Trion.

Would be nice to see the game out ...in the west...this year.

30 levels to give you a sense of the game.Fine with me...but "grist for the mill" for those looking to worry and complain.

trion is planning on releasing aa later this year.

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

you should find it right over the picture of the hariharan.

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

Yes thats great news.  But I read further and found

"Trion will translate the title and make changes to suit Western audiences."

It was inevitable but naively wished it would come over as is.... 

• DeitylightDeitylight E.St.louis, ILPosts: 102Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

30 levels to give you a sense of the game.Fine with me...but "grist for the mill" for those looking to worry and complain.

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

But AA is already casual as it is once it comes to being on your home continent.

I guess they'll have a pve only server with some restrictions on it I guess, that's as "western" as you'll get.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef phoenix, AZPosts: 791Member
    Trion is IMO one of the LAST western AAA devs who truly cares about mmos. Sure Rift wasnt revolutionary but it had arguably the best release and post release support for a long time. This is probably the best news ive heard in a long time.

Playing: War Thunder, World of Warcraft, and Grim Dawn
    Waiting on:Everquest Next and The Black Desert

• Effin_RabbitEffin_Rabbit Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    Awesome, thi is great news I think... I hope.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Deitylight
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

But AA is already casual as it is once it comes to being on your home continent.

I guess they'll have a pve only server with some restrictions on it I guess, that's as "western" as you'll get.

I don't want a PvE only server. I want a server with faction only PvP instead of FFA. A server with no FFA.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Never saw that coming, but I love Trion.  I play Rift and love everything about it.
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Renton, WAPosts: 819Member Uncommon

I'm in agreement with a lot of the other folks here; TRION Worlds was a completely unexpected yet WONDERFUL surprise!

This just increased my anticipation factor by a numerical value that goes off the scales.  AWESOME News!

I burned out a little on RIFT, but I cannot deny TRION's quality level and steady effort to churn out continuous SOLID content updates.  ArcheAge will be in good hands.

• Goll25Goll25 bath, PAPosts: 187Member
    NOW THIS is a hype train I can board. Trion, is a hard working, caring studio. They're content may not be interesting to me, but their quality and quantity of it in such a small time is outstanding. GREAT PICK. 
  • VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon

This could be where Trion eventually end up making that mistake which will take them off the much loved list of MMO devs...

I feel Archeage will disappoint because of unrealistic expectations. I hope it doesn't though.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch NexusPosts: 831Member
    I approve this choice. Trion hasn't f*cked up anything yet. :)

image image image

• AennyAenny DortmundPosts: 10Member

Final Fantasy XIII Tutorial? :D

I like it.

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Odym, CAPosts: 80Member

XL, you made the RIGHT CHOICE!!!!!!!!

We, the mmo players, support your decision. Hopefully your reading this and now know we are behind you 100 percent!

WELL DONE! Most of us can't wait to hand our money over to you! ha!!

All Will Be Well.....

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Odym, CAPosts: 80Member
    Originally posted by Vannor

This could be where Trion eventually end up making that mistake which will take them off the much loved list of MMO devs...

I feel Archeage will disappoint because of unrealistic expectations. I hope it doesn't though.

Could be?

There COULD BE a crap load of things that happen. There COULD BE a nuclear holocaust 2morrow. There COULD BE a giant meteor that hurls into the earth next week.

What kind negative thinking is that? Try being positive for once, so tired of the negativity on these boards........

All Will Be Well.....

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Renton, WAPosts: 819Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SaintWalker44

XL, you made the RIGHT CHOICE!!!!!!!!

We, the mmo players, support your decision. Hopefully your reading this and now know we are behind you 100 percent!

WELL DONE! Most of us can't wait to hand our money over to you! ha!!

Well said.  With this team combo, I think I'd feel pretty comfortable with a Subscription model.

I really, really, REALLY hope they don't choose the scummy, scam-my "Free To Play" model...  That would be a death sentence waiting to happen.

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by SaintWalker44
    Originally posted by Vannor

Could be?

There COULD BE a crap load of things that happen. There COULD BE a nuclear holocaust 2morrow. There COULD BE a giant meteor that hurls into the earth next week.

What kind negative thinking is that? Try being positive for once, so tired of the negativity on these boards........

well N Korea is planning another nuclear test... but anyway back on topic:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SukiyakiSukiyaki GreenwichPosts: 1,398Member Uncommon

Well better than gpotatoe, funcom or PWE. XLGames had not much choice in first place.

Now lets hope its not going to crash and burn like Rift because of Trions poor perfomance and clueless handling. And hope they wont dare to touch this game and try to dumb it down into their next WoW clone, as in their "visions".

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore salem, ORPosts: 672Member
    ZOMG best news ever! Trion is so awesome! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILPosts: 972Member Common

great news indeed! I would love a factional pvp server thou, open  world ganking, been there done that, can be fun but can be boring. Factional gives you that team effort and Sticking to your side pre-set defense. Easier to identify friend from foe, get a better community feeling even thou many guilds will form. Alliance will sprout allot easier and quicker. Make the battles more over conquest then just random ganks :)

I say Factional ftw and I am in ;) bring it Trion, if anyone can do it, you can!

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"