Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Exclusive: Codemasters Signs DDO

We promised a major announcement from a big MMORPG company (or two) on Saturday afternoon. We are pleased to present to you the announcement that Codemasters Online Gaming has signed on to do the European operations of Dungeons and Dragons Online. Included in this announcement are two screenshots. Here is the letter from Sam Russell of Codemasters:

Greetings!

Hot on the heels of Codemasters Online Gaming’s first big acquisition; RF Online, I bring you another huge announcement, an exclusive scoop to www.mmorpg.com! I am absolutely delighted to announce that Turbine has selected Codemasters to provide the European operation, (servers, billing and customer support) of Dungeons & Dragons® Online: Stormreach™ (DDO).

image image

Many of you will have already seen the exclusive DDO Q&A series that MMORPG.com have been bringing to you over the past months and following with great interest, as have we! It’s a fantastic license and the game is shaping up to be something really special - we’re thrilled to be able to play our part in bringing you this awesome title!

I’m also very pleased to say that I will be the Codemasters community manager looking after our European players, although of course I’ll be working very closely with all the great guys and gals over at Turbine; Calandryll, Sporkfire, Xundau and Samera. It’s our full intention to ensure that you are all very well looked after.

Shortly we’ll be launching our brand new Dungeons & Dragons Online website so check the Codemasters site frequently for the latest news! This consolidated portal will serve as the central hub for the entire Dungeons & Dragons Online community and will be your primary source of all things DDO!

In the meantime get your caps of discussion +3 on and give us your feedback in our brand new DDO forums when they open on Monday!

See you there!

Sam 'Satine' Russell
Community Liaison Manager
Codemasters Online Gaming
www.codemasters.com

Many thanks to Codemasters for breaking this news exclusively with MMORPG.com.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• .bLur.bLur Member Posts: 19

guys...

this is a major announcement? image

• CessikCessik Member Posts: 79
    I'm very disappointed in mmorpg.com move to hype this event which turned out to be basically nothing. Tsk tsk.
  • tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

like players even give a damn about that kinda stuff.... *still awaits a major announcement*

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

Wow! Congratulations CM, and a special congratulations to Satine! I remember your work from Dragon Empires and know you'll do more of the same outstanding stuff with DDO!

I still think DE was an outstanding concept for an MMO and was very sorry to see it get canned, but I'm glad to see CM is still very much involved in the MMO scene.

I look forward to hearing more!

Paks (aka Nightstorm from the DE forums))

• kimolakimola Member Posts: 6

you got everyone overhyped for that ......... *sigh*

• NeoSpudNeoSpud Member Posts: 28

OMG what a letdownimage

Oh and BTW, the RF website is a giant shell with a bunch of images that should be links but aren't.  Do they have the time to finish building the RF website in the first place?

• Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515
    Well, that was....an announcement.

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• InasnumInasnum Member Posts: 1

boooo mmorpg.com... poorly played

• DezinessDeziness Member Posts: 15

So it's breaking news that a company is publishing a game..?

• smk33smk33 Member Posts: 1
    umm ya what a dumb ass announcement.
  • DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

I do apologize to those who got overworked. I didn't quite expect you guys to get as worked up as you did, I just wanted to post a teaser as to what was coming. Things got out of hand, and there was not much I could do.

That said, this should not diminish the news. DDO is a major game and how games are handled by European partners is a huge issue for our European readers. To have two such major companies come together on such an important title for must be nice.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com

• SSFANSSFAN Member Posts: 43
    Yay publishing announcement image
  • pae_1337pae_1337 Member Posts: 40
    oh man...... you gotta be kidding meimage   image  image
  • tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

Maybe its breaking news that DDO is still under dev. its gonna suck anyways...

• headcacheheadcache Member Posts: 61

News Hype-Meter: 8.9 Reality-Meter: 2.1

::::::35::::

Seriously, next time, you might just add to the original tease: This will not affect anyone's gameplay experience in the near term, or possible even mid term future. That would at least calm us all down.

• zerkzzerkz Member Posts: 8

should of said big news for europeans.

imageThis is such a disappointment and kinda puts MMORPG.com down in terms of a good news source.

Im sorry but 2 screenshots and news that someone will be hosting european servers......

imageits not a MAJOR announcement, i think most can agree

• FungoFungo Member Posts: 32
    I'm an european reader, and i can quite honestly say, that I, or anyone I know, don't give a damn about  that. (As long as they don't sell the right to SOE anyway)
  • NeoSpudNeoSpud Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Lepidus

I do apologize to those who got overworked. I didn't quite expect you guys to get as worked up as you did, I just wanted to post a teaser as to what was coming. Things got out of hand, and there was not much I could do.
    That said, this should not diminish the news. DDO is a major game and how games are handled by European partners is a huge issue for our European readers. To have two such major companies come together on such an important title for must be nice.

Indeed, news is news.  There's plenty of people who are anticipating DDO that's for sure.  Honestly though i'm highly anticipating 2 completely different games personally.  This actually reminds me of the evening local news channels.. NBC, CBS, etc.. and the way they advertise their news stories.  They always give you a little bit of information, just enough to get you hooked and then leave you eagerly awaiting their news program.  In that respect, you've done a very good job!
  • RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Oh man you screwed up! Total let down !

But there is a way you can redeem yourself. Make announcement that EverQuest is going free 2p
    (and yes , make it happen too)

::::28::

Really now. A big company like Codemasters managing the EU servers. Well I guess it is a good news after all ::::01::

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415
    I wont deny, I overhyped it. My apologies on that.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com

• headcacheheadcache Member Posts: 61

Character has been shown. Such admissions are soooo damned rare. Apology accepted at least from this reader.

• pae_1337pae_1337 Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by headcache

Character has been shown. Such admissions are soooo damned rare. Apology accepted at least from this reader.

Here too.image    It's not that bad, image
  • BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Darn... I may have to consider playing in Euro then. The tend to have much more interection and GM/player run events.

• BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166
    You have got to be kidding me?  This is the major announcement? image
  • BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by zerkz

should of said big news for europeans.

imageThis is such a disappointment and kinda puts MMORPG.com down in terms of a good news source.
    Im sorry but 2 screenshots and news that someone will be hosting european servers......
    imageits not a MAJOR announcement, i think most can agree

I agree.