Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Trion Worlds Inks Deal for Publication

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

The company behind the biggest WoW clone?

Well, that cross this game off my list. 

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    That is QUITE good news. I was concerned it would be NCsoft or SOE.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

best mmo

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

best mmo

Praise the gaming Gods! 

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    If Trion can actually publish this game in less then a year unlike other publishers then I might actually give a crap that they got it but considering alls this means is we got to wait another year + for Trion to get off their asses to translate this game before we even get to touch it. Hopefully they will do some kinda sub deal like they SOE did or does whichever it is now where you only need 1 sub to play Archage and Rift. =P
  • apemaninovapemaninov Member Posts: 3

Hallelujah! Pras Jebus! Pras!

Say what you want about Rift, I have found my interactions with Trion to be nothing short of delightful.

Genuinely good customer service.

• IstafeinIstafein Member UncommonPosts: 70

Just reporting in to add to the chorus of happiness.

Wow, this great news. Go Trion!

“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6-34

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Who would've guessed Trion?!  Such a great choice.
  • caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358
    This doesn't seem wise, trion is having internal shake-ups.  The more experienced gaming industry vets know trion tried to hype their products too much and hoped that hype would create money that would allow them to actually deliver on the hype.  Didn't really work...
  • SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

I am  astonished at what I am seeing. This site is home to the largest collection of cynical "Negative Nancys" I ever saw and damn near everyone is being upbeat and dare I say...happy?

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Sigilaea

I am  astonished at what I am seeing. This site is home to the largest collection of cynical "Negative Nancys" I ever saw and damn near everyone is being upbeat and dare I say...happy?

No, everyone is getting high off the possibilities their expecations are generating.  Come down is a bitch.

Tell me why is everyone getting excited about this?

Good question.

• tiddytiddy Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura
    Great news and 1st

Great news indeed.

Good luck with this project Trion!

• SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Otakun
    If Trion can actually publish this game in less then a year unlike other publishers then I might actually give a crap that they got it but considering alls this means is we got to wait another year + for Trion to get off their asses to translate this game before we even get to touch it. Hopefully they will do some kinda sub deal like they SOE did or does whichever it is now where you only need 1 sub to play Archage and Rift. =P

trion is planning on releasing aa later this year.

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Sygris

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

uh oh..

“It’s all you expect from a triple-A game,” [Buttler, CE of Trion California] said. “In this category, you have to see World of Warcraft as competition.”

I really hope they aren't going to try to compete with WoW and start redoing stuff.

BTW, I didn't see where Trion is trying to release AA this year.  It will eventually go into testing this year, sometime later.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Sygris

uh oh..

“It’s all you expect from a triple-A game,” [Buttler, CE of Trion California] said. “In this category, you have to see World of Warcraft as competition.”

I really hope they aren't going to try to compete with WoW and start redoing stuff.

BTW, I didn't see where Trion is trying to release AA this year.  It will eventually go into testing this year, sometime later.

you should find it right over the picture of the hariharan.

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    "Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

yummy, thanks for the link.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    wow i REALLY did not see that one coming i for sure thought NCSOFT was going to pick this one up.. well good for Trion i think they will do great with it and really hope it comes soon to the US

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

No, everyone is getting high off the possibilities their expecations are generating.  Come down is a bitch.

Good question.

i'd say two reasons for me

1. Archage finally gets a US publisher and a probable 2013 release in the US

2. Trion is a great company imho.. especially compared to some other companies that run MMOs out there

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Just saw the news! This game will be epic.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    I'm shocked at how many people are excited that the company behind one of the most blatant and uninspired WoW clones are publishing this.
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Good question.

2. Trion is a great company imho.. especially compared to some other companies that run MMOs out there

Number 1 is great, but why number 2?  Why is Trion going to better than any other NA publisher? Granted the list of decent NA publishers is meager, but Trion doesn't have a great record at all.  What have they done, other than some incredible marketing with regards to their own public image?

despite peoples issues with Rift trion has released more content for its MMO in the last few years than i have seen any company do for any MMO in a very long time.. it could of gone to a publisher known for more pay to winish cash shops instead such as aeria games or gpotato

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Seems like awesome news!
  • lectrocutielectrocutie Member Posts: 5
    YES!
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Good question.

Number 1 is great, but why number 2?  Why is Trion going to better than any other NA publisher? Granted the list of decent NA publishers is meager, but Trion doesn't have a great record at all.  What have they done, other than some incredible marketing with regards to their own public image?

Would you rather it be NCsoft, with their horrible history of axing games? Or SOE for that matter?...

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Good question.

Would you rather it be NCsoft, with their horrible history of axing games? Or SOE for that matter?...

or worse EA.....