Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Trion Worlds Inks Deal for Publication

Comments

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

Awesome! This game moved closer to the top of my list... too many MMOs too little time is my new monicker :-)

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

wow best piece of mmo-releated info ive read in years. So no gpotato, gtomato or other f2p company that sells skill resets for $50. Still cant believe this is true :D

Its like they let us chose eu/us publishers, i doubt many people would say no to Trion publishing Archeage (or any other game for that matter), as long as they stay ... well, current Trion :p 

really really fantastic news for all of us who were following archeage and quite frankly, if i were to chose which company gets to publish archeage, id give my vote to trion in a heartbeat :)

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Great news, got a lot of trust in Trion!
  • Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Best news for me in years.  Hands down.  That was very unexpected.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Seems like it would compete heavily with Rift, makes for an odd couple.  I'm glad though that it has a publisher.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Seems like it would compete heavily with Rift, makes for an odd couple.  I'm glad though that it has a publisher.

Not sure about that, but still. It would not compete less if someone else published it. 

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    OMG.............................sweet.
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Actualy I like Trion, they did good with Rift and LoTRO. Hope this works out!

LotRO? Turbine is the company that made LotRO

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    It's really funny how Trion is probably one of the 'only' company that the majority of MMORPG.com members actually praise, even non-players and ex-players in comparison to other MMO Companies. But it's true though, Trion is indeed a great company, and XLGame have made a very good choice. I'm looking forward to playing ArcheAge on the NA server!
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Mind blown

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by adam_nox

Possibly .. Rift is a themepark, ArcheAge is a sandpark (ie hybrid) though.  The competition would be far less severe than say SOE publishing ArcheAge and having EQ Next (sandpark) compete with ArcheAge (sandpark). 

The 2 (theme vs sand) audiences will ultimately cross paths, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some package type deal involved .. sub to Rift, get free cashshop currency to spend in ArcheAge, perhaps?  Or buy cashshop points for ArcheAge and get complementary time on Rift ..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Good good, Trion proved themselves an excellent publisher but i wonder why is Turkey listed seperately? Almost always Turkey is in EU region and servers in MMOs. I wonder this means seperate servers and service or it's just for clarity purposes.
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

I am glad that its Trion world. but trion or not if this game is P2P its wont last long. but i can be wrong.

i Hope its work!

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• arm0sarm0s Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

Was certain it would've been NCSoft.

This is great news!!!!

NcSoft is in Korea how you think they would publish this in the US ?

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by arm0s
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

Was certain it would've been NCSoft.

This is great news!!!!

NcSoft is in Korea how you think they would publish this in the US ?

The same way they did with Aion GW GW2, L2. and soon wildstar

Ncsoft West

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• SkaldirSkaldir Member UncommonPosts: 48

Man, out of all publishers, TRION Worlds, that's amazing news.

TRION Worlds is such a great company that is very close with its players and always strives to put out new updates.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Yay, Great, Trion....King of all things Clone.  Rest assuredly this game just signed it's own death warrant.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

I am glad that its Trion world. but trion or not if this game is P2P its wont last long. but i can be wrong.

i Hope its work!

That's what everyone said about Rift too, and here we are, 2 years later, with Rift having a pretty big following and good player retention.

I hope they make it P2P just as a filter for jackassery. Knowing TRION you will probably get the first few levels of the game F2P just to test the waters a few months after release. They are good about that kind of thing.

Either way, this company is great, have had nothing but good experiences with them, even with some of the problems Rift has.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Wow, very cool.  I didn't even realize that Trion was a publisher as well as a developer.  Hopefully this doesn't make them turn into evil baby-eating monsters like EA.  image

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Game just went from a could miss, to a must buy. Trion is by far the best in the business atm.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

BOOM! Great news!

I respect Trion.. Not a fan boi of Rift, played it, and enjoyed it.. Jumped in Defiance beta.. Loved it.. End of Nations? Not my cup of tea but tried it anyway.. For what it was attempting to do, not bad..

Archeage?

Lets do it..

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    RIFT didn't really do it for me, but I gotta say, TRION's support is one of the best out there atm. I'm glad that AA will be published by TRION! This might mean a good future for the game...
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Awesome news
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Beta sign incoming probably. Maybe after defiance
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Now I hope they announce it will be a subscription based mmo here in the West, with no cash shop. Hey, I can dream, right? image

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot