Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: Open Beta Goes Live

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Yay !!!!
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    This game is addicting!!!  Im having a blast playing a Shadow..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• BulkathosBulkathos Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Download it with 4.1 mb , in few minutes :)
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Psychow
    I got more hours of enjoyment from D3 than I did from GW2. I hope PoE does the same.

I got more hours enjoyment out of going to the toilet this morning than I did from D3, about 15 minutes, and they both looked the same afterwards.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    ok i,m downloading a 7mb patch and it keeps d/loading the same patch..ok back to Dragon Age for now.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    PoE 2013 Game of the year.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

Well finally decided to log off for the night. I am only 2/3's the way through the first act and already have a defined skill path.

It's fun to run around. I think in act 2 i will try to group up with people and see how it goes in a party.

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

So far so good.  I'm having a bit of difficulty making my mind up about the path I want to take for my shadow though.  I probably seem a bit ridiculous at the moment as I'm a plate wearing, dual rapier wielding, zombie summoning, badass.  I'm very indecisive though but am resolute when I make up my mind finally.  When I reach that point at least I have the resources to make something truly unique.  Hopefully I reach that point before I blow a fuse...or have an aneurysm.

Looking forward to many more good times in PoE.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    A rather good game, bit to ugly for my taste.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

It reminds me of Killing Floor. A bit ugly but that's made up by it being dark so sometimes you can't even tell how ugly the game is :D Although I loved the "feel" of Killing Floor and I seem to like the "feel" of PoE. It actually reminds me of the graphics of D1...But the game itself so far is fun. But then again until I have spent at least 20 hours+, I can't really say much. Most action RPGs are fun in the beginning but then get super boring. Hell, I thought D3 was the best thing ever for the first 100 hours or so. TL2 bored me in less than 10 hours :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Do you mean the art design is ugly or the graphics?

If you mean graphics i have to disagree, its a stunning looking game for what it is.... if you mean art style all i can say is each to their own :)

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    The patch took forever for me to download, but I am sure the servers were slammed by the time I got to them during primetime. Once I got in , started a witch, and found the small part of the game I found to be really well done. I got booted after about an hour and wasn't able to get back in, look forward to giving it another go today.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    .___. to many diablo peeps smacking the server

• minimimi98minimimi98 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Such a horrible design, I better play Torchlight. Storage is non-existing, 99% of you game time is spent running back and forth between vendor and your loot. But wait, when you get back zone got re-created, so all you hard earned loot went bye-bye. If they add a Torchlight selling system, it would be a great game, as it is  - garbage.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by minimimi98
    Such a horrible design, I better play Torchlight. Storage is non-existing, 99% of you game time is spent running back and forth between vendor and your loot. But wait, when you get back zone got re-created, so all you hard earned loot went bye-bye. If they add a Torchlight selling system, it would be a great game, as it is  - garbage.

Storage is not existing......that explains the chest you get, which is for all twinks, so shared, in the very first town.

Oh...and you can not sell stuff via a Pet, right, that gives Town Portal Scrolls more Sense....

Ah...the Zone is full of Mobs again...hmm...that might mean you dont get a good drop tho, why should you, makes no Sense in such a Game to get Items.

Man, i see your points, realy i can see them.

. . . . . . 

• arteskillaarteskilla Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Blizzard payed D3 fanboys to go play PoE and spam general chat.

~.~ you could buy some storage or use some tp scrolls instead of walking back

Originally posted by arteskilla
    Blizzard payed D3 fanboys to go play PoE and spam general chat.

T-T i cant play their servers are getting slammed too hard and of course i blame jay wilson

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    hoping this gives me more enjoyment than D3 and TL2 only got a week from those:P

You will like it. It's what D3 should have been. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Downloaded 0.75% after 2 hours. I would have liked to play, but I'm not going to download for a week. So sorry GGG I'll pass on your game until you make it capable of being downloaded at a reasonable speed.
    Originally posted by Vonatar
    Downloaded 0.75% after 2 hours. I would have liked to play, but I'm not going to download for a week. So sorry GGG I'll pass on your game until you make it capable of being downloaded at a reasonable speed.

~.~ lolz u angry cause there game is too popular, they ain't blizzard.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

I do agree that your inventory is too small. Maybe it gets bigger though later in the game. Maybe they will add upgrades in the CS.

You are flat-out wrong about Zones repopulating. That does not happen. I've ran from Starter Town through 2 zones after killing everything and not a soul to be seen or killed.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by bartoni33

You are flat-out wrong about Zones repopulating. That does not happen. I've ran from Starter Town through 2 zones after killing everything and not a soul to be seen or killed.

The zone's do repopulate,I think it's probably on a timer,but I've went back to a zone more than a few time's to see it respawned.

I'm not complaining though as I really like the game.The inventory does need to be bigger or let us buy a little more space.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Slappy1

The zone's do repopulate,I think it's probably on a timer,but I've went back to a zone more than a few time's to see it respawned.

I'm not complaining though as I really like the game.The inventory does need to be bigger or let us buy a little more space.

Zones reset if they havn't been entered by one of your party members for 8-15 minutes. It's seems to be 15 minutes most of the time.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Slappy1

Zones reset if they havn't been entered by one of your party members for 8-15 minutes. It's seems to be 15 minutes most of the time.

Yea 15 minute's sound's right,it happened to me after I chilled in town for a few.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark