Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Trion Worlds Inks Deal for Publication

Comments

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Fantastic news! Take my money!

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Unexpected but pleased. Trion is a GREAT company.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Nice!

Joined - July 2004

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Very exciting!

I wouldn't have guessed Trion, but they did an awesome job innovating with Rift's Dimensions, I think XLGames was wise to fully evaluate everyone first and pick the one with the most promise .. and not just one of the biggest publishers around.

So .. I guess Trion Worlds needs to buy the ArcheAge domain from NCSoft now, eh? :/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Wow, between this and defiance it will be a good year for trion.
  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I am sooooo delighted with this! Way may have this game late this yr early next yr wewt!

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

Was certain it would've been NCSoft.

This is great news!!!!

Actually i am glad that it is Trion and not Ncsoft. Trion ahs proved that they mean business when it comes to supporting their games. These guys are just very dedicated and passionate more than any company i know.

Originally posted by botrytis
    And your information is from where? Are you drinking, no chugging the haters kool-aid? As the old saying, 'Thou dost protest too much.' NCSoft has too many games making money for it to close it's doors. Sorry to disappoint you but it is not going to happen.

Oh boy..do you have some kind of bat signal? no matter what part of forums but someone dare say something negative about GW2, Anet or Ncsoft..you are the first to defend their honor. I love your dedication.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Trion is the most passionate, dedicated and consistent dev team I've seen. I don't even enjoy Rift anymore but still feel this way about their team. 
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

BEST

NEWS

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Made my day...

Thanks, mmorpg.com!

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Thank GOD. Now get it out to us ASAP!!!
  • Baramos79Baramos79 Member Posts: 73
    This news makes me very, very happy.
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    wow. finally some good mmo news :) 
    Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I don't exactly consider this good news unless Trion has no say at all in the developement or content. 
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

never heard of archage till now...

<.<

went to the site the artwork sucks. the guy on the cliff...really?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Betaguy

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

This is great news!!!!

As I stated in another post... It will never be NCSoft the company is selling or closing its doors very soon.

And your information is from where? Are you drinking, no chugging the haters kool-aid? As the old saying, 'Thou dost protest too much.' NCSoft has too many games making money for it to close it's doors. Sorry to disappoint you but it is not going to happen.

They are pulling out of the west. They closed pretty much all studios in the west the last years!

Paragon Studios was the last of them.

ArenaNet is the last studio left here in the west for NCSoft.

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    This is just great news!

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Betaguy

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

This is great news!!!!

As I stated in another post... It will never be NCSoft the company is selling or closing its doors very soon.

They are pulling out of the west. They closed pretty much all studios in the west the last years!

Paragon Studios was the last of them.

ArenaNet is the last studio left here in the west for NCSoft.

noo carbine is there as well...

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

man the fanboism and clueless things said in this thread are insane. Trion is going to distribute it in the US , it would not matter if its NCsoft EA or Trion for that matter they do not release content the devs do with archeage.  Trion is by far not all that successful with their only release so far bleeding subs since day 1 of release and an expansion that still cant fill up the servers or create new ones.

This is a good move for Trion though if they want to stay in business since rift is far from a smash hit. They get a cut of profit now made by archeage or at least a contract payment for service so its a smart move. But bashing other companies here for being publishers shows nothing but stupidity seriously.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by orbitxo

never heard of archage till now...

<.<

went to the site the artwork sucks. the guy on the cliff...really?

Lets see what you can whip up then Picasso. 

Its just a teaser site... 

Go here if you want information from an official source:

http://Archeage.com/en

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• PrograssivePrograssive Member Posts: 48
    Best Publisher for US&EU !!! Jake Song ur my man!

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by cronius77

man the fanboism and clueless things said in this thread are insane. Trion is going to distribute it in the US , it would not matter if its NCsoft EA or Trion for that matter they do not release content the devs do with archeage.  Trion is by far not all that successful with their only release so far bleeding subs since day 1 of release and an expansion that still cant fill up the servers or create new ones.

This is a good move for Trion though if they want to stay in business since rift is far from a smash hit. They get a cut of profit now made by archeage or at least a contract payment for service so its a smart move. But bashing other companies here for being publishers shows nothing but stupidity seriously.

Majority are not bashing but preferring Trion over other companies on basis of their support for Trion. And it is not some made up nonsense but a fact that no other company  churns out content and supports its game with a passion like Trion does.

Now if they will repeat this pattern with Defiance is yet to be seen but for now they have proved that they are in here for a long haul and have avery solid reputation. A good publisher for a MMOS is as important as a good dev team to make it a success. 

And by the way if Trion wasn't making profit like you somehow claim, they wouldn't be goign ahead with Defiance and certainly wouldn't release a huge expansion for Rift.

But hey it is easier to make up stuff to make your point i guess.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• shin_chanshin_chan Member UncommonPosts: 29

WTH!!! TRION, great...

Take my money now!!!!

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    OMG yes! Go TRION!!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    For the first time I am intrested in this game. Loves LotR and Rift. Would still be playing Rift if it wasnt for all the pentagrams everywhere.
  • ReallymjReallymj Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I can't believe what I just read. I coldn't have asked for anything better than Trion. Being i played Rift for 2 years. They have the best service in the business. I can't wait.

~Im not what I am~