Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Trion Worlds Inks Deal for Publication

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

XLGames and Trion Worlds have inked a deal for publication of ArcheAge in the West. Trion will have exclusive publication rights in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand. ArcheAge joins Crytek's Warface as part of Trion's "Red Door" platform.

“We’re thrilled to be working with Trion Worlds, a company who is setting a new standard for gaming by embracing original, high-quality IPs on a dynamic connected platform,” said Jake Song, CEO and founder of XLGAMES. “We are impressed with Trion’s track record as they have consistently delivered against an unwavering vision; we are confident partnering with Trion will help bring ArcheAge a successful game that satisfies audience both in East and West.”

“We’re very impressed with ArcheAge, and the level of anticipation for the game is absolutely astonishing,” said Dr. Lars Buttler, CEO and founder of Trion Worlds. “We are very proud of the catalog of world-class games we will be offering through Red Door. Now, with ArcheAge, we are bringing the best in Asia onto our platform.” 

We'll keep you posted as more details arrive. In the meantime, find out more on the Trion Worlds site. Also, be sure to read our exclusive interview with Jake Song of XLGames here.

Check out the spiffy new ArcheAge site while you're at it!

Source: Venture Beat

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    Great news and 1st

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

Was certain it would've been NCSoft.

This is great news!!!!

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    That is excellent news. Should be a good partnership
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Actualy I like Trion, they did good with Rift and LoTRO. Hope this works out!
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Holy sh!!!!!!!!!!!! This is major! Europe is NOT getting the shaft! And TW is a solid publisher. If anything they bend backwards to please their customers.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Trion is an excellent company, and has been on the rise for a while now. Good choice in my opinion!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Quite surprising new. Trion is relatievely new company on MMO scene and they seem to grow very fast. Rfit, then quite some time put into EoN (even tho they let it go recently), upcomming Defiance, Warface and now ArcheAge publishing. Hope they don't stretch themselves too thin and manage to support all their titles properly. 
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Whoa that is some good news for both the game and the fans...now I am definitely going to keep my eye on it!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Trion is a great choice!!!
  • PuffingtonPuffington Member Posts: 35
    I was on the fence about trying this game but now I will be for sure knowing TW is going to be handling things. Companies like TW really show that its not just about the game put out but about the community too
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Didnt see that coming.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Pretty sure everyone can now have a big sigh of relief that NCsoft or Frogster isn't taking this game on. Probably the best news I've heard in 2013. I don't play rift but I know they have been doing a really good job with the game. 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Excellent, Trion and NCsoft are definitely the Big 2 right now. Should make for an interesting time and we should see some good games and pricing competition come from these two in the future. 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

This is great news!!!!

As I stated in another post... It will never be NCSoft the company is selling or closing its doors very soon.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    didnt see that coming but good news imo, atleast not a bad game publisher, and that may mean archeage will be here soon :)
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    TAKE MY MONEY!!!

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Glad they went with Trion. I'm not a big fan of Rift but they seem to have a good grip on how an mmo should be ran. Good news indeed. I'd much rather Trion have it than NC Soft, or *shutters* EA.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Nice! This is good news.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Nitth

Didnt see that coming.

Yeah not even the slightest...

But reagrdless, I am very pleased and definitely will buy the game just for the sake of supporting Trion who has been so kind to Rift and it's playerbase.

They are the kind of company the MMO world needs more of.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Unexpected, but excellent choice.  Trion has a clue.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Jaro420Jaro420 Member Posts: 13
    Great new's!  i just got gamer wood!image
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Finally!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

I most definately didn't expect Trion but being an ex Rift player, I welcome this with open arms. This might explain the shake-ups lately in Trion to make room for Archeage.

Now we are can start pining for a beta in NA. Our great white hope is coming!!!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

TRION + ARCHEAGE!?

Wowzer.

This is great news!!!!

As I stated in another post... It will never be NCSoft the company is selling or closing its doors very soon.

And your information is from where? Are you drinking, no chugging the haters kool-aid? As the old saying, 'Thou dost protest too much.' NCSoft has too many games making money for it to close it's doors. Sorry to disappoint you but it is not going to happen.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Great news for Trion and ArcheAge lovers alike!

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    probably best publishers out there  , never saw this comming, but hell yeah!