Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hype!

RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

Here is my opinion about the upcoming game

1-Gameplay ALA Darkfall Online

2-PvP ALA DAoC Designed by the Great Brian Wheeler

3-PvE ALA WoW

4-Third Generation Graphics MMO

And all of this made by one of the most successfull Game Franchise

AND .... They have the money to support it

Why would somebody Start the Trolling ? Do you seriously see any other Game coming up with that much Potential ?

And if so Name it! !!!!!!

Dont call me a fanboi. No games are perfect and will certainly come with Pros and Cons but judging from their past project these guys clearly know where they are going.

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

One word for the OP. and that is

WARHAMMER

well thats two words. or three if you add the "Online" part. then it would be

WARHAMMER ONLINE

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Ringside

Here is my opinion about the upcoming game

1-Gameplay ALA Darkfall Online

2-PvP ALA DAoC Designed by the Great Brian Wheeler

3-PvE ALA WoW

4-Third Generation Graphics MMO

And all of this made by one of the most successfull Game Franchise

Why would somebody Start the Trolling ? Do you seriously see any other Game coming up with that much Potential ?

Dont call me a fanboi. No games are perfect and will certainly come with Pros and Cons but judging from their past project these guys clearly know where they are going.

We dont know what the game will look or play like at launch so I have no basis to agree with your points on, though it would be nice if they end up being true.

Asking someone's opinion of what they think will be better than a game you (obviously) are excited about will do nothing but bait people into calling you what you ask them not to.

No one game is "better" than another game.  There are just different gamers who like a game (and its features) over another.

Looking forward to ESO, but then again I play all MMOs that come out so I can see if I like it or not.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

Does it matter? Does it really matter? I am going to buy and spend money on ESO.  Is there anyone who thinks I would bypass this game because of something they write on these forums? 

Look, when I was playing Ultima Online and desperately waiting for this new game called EverQuest to go live, there were lots of people who were saying the "pvp switch" would never work.  The majority of MMO gamers at the time were saying no MMO gamer would want to play a game that did not have "always on" pvp. They were wrong, very wrong.

I'm not saying ESO is going to be great.  I'm just saying that there is NO way I'm not spending money to find out whether or not is could be a great game.

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I like your comments guys. Tks for the replies
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qkM6RJf15cg

lol I saw that on facebook I felt like sharing it here

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

WARHAMMER

WARHAMMER ONLINE

warhammer online pvp was the most fun i've had pvp'ing in an mmo.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    all games in development have huge potential
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

It's true that ESO has a good IP and the pvp and pve begin to look promising, but I am still not sold compared to others such as Wildstar, which for me has a nicer art style, interesting path system, combat and mission mechanics and possible raiding content. I am also looking at Archeage and Black Desert, as big budget sandboxes are so rare, and I prefer the look of Korean mmos more than western ones, ESO looks rather dull aesthetically.

I may also get into Neverwinter, also a good IP, as the combat sounds good, though I am distrustful of Cryptic. Defiance may turn out ok, though I need to see more of the betas as wasn't expecting it to be B2P, and watching a bit of the TV first might also help to sell me.

I think Zenimax need to make it much, much clearer what TES single player features not usually found in mmos will be in ESO, instead of focusing on lore, pvp, and features found in WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

If you mean "third generation graphics" as in the third (and current) generation of consoles then yes, I can agree.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    @ringside I agree bub.  It is going to be a refreshing change to the genre.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    all games in development have huge potential

This guy gets it!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

WARHAMMER

WARHAMMER ONLINE

Actually "Warhammer" is only one word. It is a title. Warhammer Online is two words.

Now if you meant War Hammer as in the weapon (picture added for visual) then you are right that is two words.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

WARHAMMER

WARHAMMER ONLINE

Posts like this make me weep for the future of civiliization. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by tom_gore

If you mean "third generation graphics" as in the third (and current) generation of consoles then yes, I can agree.

I'm pretty sure he means third generation for MMO's.  You simply can't make cutting edge, Cryses 2, graphis and expect to have hundreds of people running around in the same area.

You make me like charity

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Originally posted by tom_gore

I'm pretty sure he means third generation for MMO's.  You simply can't make cutting edge, Cryses 2, graphis and expect to have hundreds of people running around in the same area.

I'm sure he knew that too and was making a joke in the face of smug hyping.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Op by Gameplay Ala Darkfall Online do you me released buggy and full of hacks, with many features from the faq removed?

Or were you refering to it having a server population of under 5k in 2 years time after release and the devs agreeing it can't be fixed but must be remade because its problems are that big?

Seriously where do people come up with this stuff?