Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ladies and Gentlemen without further ado

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

I give you, CAMPSIDE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jvpa6IkGHiY

You can insert Tanks and/or Empire specific planes and Grunts/Maxes in here as well, the results will still be the same.

Who ever came up with these silly spawn rooms in this game needs to be replaced.  This is far worse then Planetside 1 towers, and those were not very well thought out either.  But atleast you could possible mount some type of push out of those..

P.S  Not my video just saw it on the forums and I thought I would pass it along for those you might be thinking about playing.  This will happen to you....and often more then not.

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Hmm they could just spawn at one of the other 8 or so spawn points you are offered
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Vehicles should not have access to respawn areas if you ask me, for exactly the reason shown in the video.

Infantry camping is fine, there is always the possibility of the defenders being able to push their way out, as it was in PS1, but not so much when you have a 4-5 tanks and a liberator on a door. I think that would also give more of a tactical incenitive to take down SCU's beyond the XP you get out of killing a generator.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Just one small issue, but actually one of many why I thought the game was in beta status after release .P. They dont have even doors like in PS1 and the shields can be exploited...well, dont know why they did not choose to use doors and actually why you spawn within such a tiny room where the enemy can shoot into it with vehicles.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Get other aircraft and shoot them down.    Or pull a Sundy, drive close to the base, pull AA MAXs - LIBs gone.    I am not  fond of all the air and armor in the game either, but this is a lame complaint.    There are options for dealing with this, however, the biggest problem is nobody rarely does.   So the camping continues.  

I personally think the game needs to be taken back to alpha and started from scratch.    There is a whole lot of crap that makes little to no sense.    Bases are easily attacked and extremely hard to defend.    All the buildings are defenseless due to the number of windows and doorsleading in and out of them.    Turrets on bases are too easily taken out and on top of that they are placed in absurd areas.   

Who the hell places a gun turret smack up against a rock wall with no means to shoot at the enemy?

Who puts anti-air flak guns on positions that are blocked by hills and trees?

For a world at constant war - the buildings, bases and what not make no sense.   

Like I said, I am a huge fan of the PS franchise, but SOE is blowing on this game because they don't seem to care about it.    They just slapped crap down willy nilly and tada - they call it a game.   That is why this game is losing more players than it is keeping.   People get in game, play for a bit, see how frakked up it is...and leave.

If SOE isn't careful - this game will be another flash in the pan and once again the people that do think PS could be more will be left with just a shell of a game with a few die hard fans.    That means if the game is making money - SOE will neglect it and let if fester a slow lingering death like they did with PS1.  

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Is it really SOEs fault you lack the organization and brains to simply drive some sunderers into the area. Or am I missing something here...
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Teala

Get other aircraft and shoot them down.    Or pull a Sundy, drive close to the base, pull AA MAXs - LIBs gone.    I am not  fond of all the air and armor in the game either, but this is a lame complaint.    There are options for dealing with this, however, the biggest problem is nobody rarely does.   So the camping continues.  

I personally think the game needs to be taken back to alpha and started from scratch.    There is a whole lot of crap that makes little to no sense.    Bases are easily attacked and extremely hard to defend.    All the buildings are defenseless due to the number of windows and doorsleading in and out of them.    Turrets on bases are too easily taken out and on top of that they are placed in absurd areas.   

Who the hell places a gun turret smack up against a rock wall with no means to shoot at the enemy?

Like I said, I am a huge fan of the PS franchise, but SOE is blowing on this game because they don't seem to care about it.    They just slapped crap down willy nilly and tada - they call it a game.   That is why this game is losing more players than it is keeping.   People get in game, play for a bit, see how frakked up it is...and leave.

If SOE isn't careful - this game will be another flash in the pan and once again the people that do think PS could be more will be left with just a shell of a game with a few die hard fans.    That means if the game is making money - SOE will neglect it and let if fester a slow lingering death like they did with PS1.  

This, the game feels forced without too much consideration on the level design. Certain factions have clear advantages the way the terrain is set up.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

This is an interesting thread from the official forum about how bases did look like in alpha. Accordingly to the screenshots they had better defensive against air and ground vehicle shellings into the base.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/alpha-bases-werent-always-poorly-laid-out.74348/

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Get other aircraft and shoot them down.    Or pull a Sundy, drive close to the base, pull AA MAXs - LIBs gone.    I am not  fond of all the air and armor in the game either, but this is a lame complaint.    There are options for dealing with this, however, the biggest problem is nobody rarely does.   So the camping continues.  I personally think the game needs to be taken back to alpha and started from scratch.    There is a whole lot of crap that makes little to no sense.    Bases are easily attacked and extremely hard to defend.    All the buildings are defenseless due to the number of windows and doorsleading in and out of them.    Turrets on bases are too easily taken out and on top of that they are placed in absurd areas.   Who the hell places a gun turret smack up against a rock wall with no means to shoot at the enemy?Who puts anti-air flak guns on positions that are blocked by hills and trees?For a world at constant war - the buildings, bases and what not make no sense.   Like I said, I am a huge fan of the PS franchise, but SOE is blowing on this game because they don't seem to care about it.    They just slapped crap down willy nilly and tada - they call it a game.   That is why this game is losing more players than it is keeping.   People get in game, play for a bit, see how frakked up it is...and leave.If SOE isn't careful - this game will be another flash in the pan and once again the people that do think PS could be more will be left with just a shell of a game with a few die hard fans.    That means if the game is making money - SOE will neglect it and let if fester a slow lingering death like they did with PS1.  

Great post, thanks!! I am still keeping my eye on PS2 with hopes issues are fixed/addressed so I can come try it out! Can't wait, actually.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by RoyalPhunk
    Is it really SOEs fault you lack the organization and brains to simply drive some sunderers into the area. Or am I missing something here...

Have you even played this game? 

Drive a sundy near a LIB and then pull some maxes and attempt to shoot it out of the air with this crap they give you calle AA..  I give you a max of 20 seconds before you, that Sundy and all your buddies are looking at your respawn screen.  Now that is facing off agianst one LIB, which if you played you rarely do.

The point of this video was not only a attempt to show how OP air/ground vehicles are but also to show how horrible the design was for these "roach motels" aka spawn rooms... PS1 was [pretty bad with their towers, but atleas you could mount some type of defense aganst getting camped. Here you try that and you will just die.  I won't even mention agian that the AA in this game would be like shooting a F18 down with a AK47...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

PS2 is basically farmville in full 3D, there's very little value in defending which is why a majority of groups just fall back to the next nearest base instead of staying to defend what's being attacked, and you get way more xp capturing than succesfully defending (which happens very rarely).

It's SOE's fault for the design, the towers were much better in PS1 because it buys time for reinforcements to arrive than being unable to leave the spawn building to cap the terminal outside in PS2. PS2 is designed to cap and farm, cap and farm, period.

• DA_MadAceDA_MadAce Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Arclan

Great post, thanks!! I am still keeping my eye on PS2 with hopes issues are fixed/addressed so I can come try it out! Can't wait, actually.

Well, if you're going to keep listening to people who do not base opinions on anything resembling reality, you're going to have to wait for a long time.

May The Force Be With You.
    DA_MadAce
    visit: http://blastacor.tripod.com

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

LOL

I tell you what instead of spawning then running out to get killed over and over...

Spawn at another location, get somthing that flys and go kill that lib hovering above.. also try and get other people to do the same instead of getting killed over and over..

Just trying somthing a bit different will go a long way.. myself i have never understood why people would just stay in those spawn rooms and be happy to get killed over and over until the base is lost but there we go.

• orioniteorionite Member UncommonPosts: 139

First off: If you are being spawn camped, it's your own fault. If all that is let of your base is the spawn, move on - you will not get it back. Pull a Gal and drop in another area of the base, if you are determined to continue defending it.

Secondly, SOE are very aware of this and have already released a preview of the changes that will start addressing this:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/recap-friday-night-ops-episode-17.79817/

Featueres spawns less campable by air (awnings) and tanks (top-side exits) and in some cases less ability to just stand inside the spawn room and sniper out (bio dome). 

A few AA maxes can easily take out a lib, btw. I've been both on the delivery as well as the receiving end of this.