Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Makeb Flythrough Video & Preorder Details

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BioWare has released the first video from the upcoming expansion to Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The video showcases the planet Makeb in this flythrough overview. In addition, BioWare has opened up preorders for Rise of the Hutt Cartel and laid out the details on in-game items earned for doing so.

In addition, players can now pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive in-game rewards including an exclusive title and two new in-game items once the Digital Expansion launches:

• The Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Holostatue: Train under the illustrious Hutt scientist Dr. Oggurobb with this portable training device that he created in his own image.

• "Scourge of the Hutts" Title: Republic and Imperial forces that adorn this title will be revered across the galaxy.

• The Makrin Seedling Mini-Pet: Get your very own Makrin Seedling to follow you around and creep out your enemies!  Possessing bark-like skin and grass-like nerve-rich tissues that blend in perfectly with Makeb’s environment, the Makrin Seedling has a distinguishing and eerie look!

Grab the preorder details on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Looks like Bioware still hasn't a clue how to make Star Wars content. Or even a decent MMO to say the least.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    No thanks gotta fix what you made first , not sure what these guys are thinking
  • VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Looking great, good work.
  • cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    They continue to spend their budget on CGI trailers. Excellent move.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Well I was really hoping to hear more then just what we already knew...

The only new info is we get some bullshit that doesn't mean jack diddly.  A title I won't use, a pet I won't use, and another lame holostatue for people to spam in the fleet.

Besides that.. same ol same ol.  Just Makeb and 5 new levels.  Which we already knew.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by cyandk
    They continue to spend their budget on CGI trailers. Excellent move.

Erm, this is not CGI. 

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434

Looking forward to the new content!

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    wow 20 bucks for a planet and less than what rift does in 1 free patch or even wow for that matter. Heck technically your paying more as a subscriber because you pay 15 bucks a month already and can tack on 10 more dollars for it so your paying 25 bucks that month while the free to play are paying 20 instead... Im sorry but I wish this game would just die and this studio because the more i see them after they converted to free to play the more i wish they would just shut the heck down and stop destroying this IP.
  • augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Still surprisingly little hard info.  Instead they're throwing "discounts" and now free items at people in order the sale something with an indefinite release date.  People nearly had to storm the offices and take hostages, just to get them to admit no personal story in the expansion.  The mmorpg business is often bizarrely close mouthed, but Bioware takes it to a new level.

However I do cut them some slack, because I think they don't know what they can promise.  I believe they are still fighting to convince EA to keep investing in the game, rather than putting it on life support like WAR.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

Well I was really hoping to hear more then just what we already knew...

The only new info is we get some bullshit that doesn't mean jack diddly.  A title I won't use, a pet I won't use, and another lame holostatue for people to spam in the fleet.

Besides that.. same ol same ol.  Just Makeb and 5 new levels.  Which we already knew.

I think the holo statue trainer for free is a cool item personally , but each to their own. Just really hate when I'm nearly levelled and then have to travel to mission only to ding far away from a trainer.

The video is cool , I like the look of the planet and the hutt floating barge is in it!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    Looks like Bioware still hasn't a clue how to make Star Wars content. Or even a decent MMO to say the least.

Looks like the mobs still just stand in one place twiddling their thumbs......

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Tee2014Tee2014 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Looking great! Rly looking forward to it!!!
  • klerkenklerken Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by cronius77
    wow 20 bucks for a planet and less than what rift does in 1 free patch or even wow for that matter. Heck technically your paying more as a subscriber because you pay 15 bucks a month already and can tack on 10 more dollars for it so your paying 25 bucks that month while the free to play are paying 20 instead... Im sorry but I wish this game would just die and this studio because the more i see them after they converted to free to play the more i wish they would just shut the heck down and stop destroying this IP.

the amount of content is hard to argue with, since it seems like its to little compared to the price (still buought it though).

your math on the other hand really made me laugh ,25 bucks for a month where F2P players pay 20 bucks, well thank god, at least i don't get 500 CS credits and hotbars/character slots/ equipment usage and all the other stuff P2P players get for the 5 bucks i pay more than the free players

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

The voice actor, the ackly or whatever floating above ground, the explosion....

They all were worse then whats in game currently....Oh boy.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Looking forward to Makeb... the training statue will be great for my bazillion of alts LOL.

I wonder though how you guys can decifer all the content Makeb will bring from this very short trailer...  lets discuss the content and if it is worth $9.99 after we have more information.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Dont get me wrong, I like the game and will play it, but that trailer isn't going to entice ANYONE new and I'd be surprised if many F2P buy it after that terrible thing.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Swanea
    Dont get me wrong, I like the game and will play it, but that trailer isn't going to entice ANYONE new and I'd be surprised if many F2P buy it after that terrible thing.

Seems to me then that BioWare should hire better video editor. Obviously these are parts of the cutscenes... I wish to see more, but maybe it will trickle down as we are getting closer.

You are right though that they could make a better video.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    I clicked the "Forge of Empires" link instead.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Swanea

Seems to me then that BioWare should hire better video editor. Obviously these are parts of the cutscenes... I wish to see more, but maybe it will trickle down as we are getting closer.

You are right though that they could make a better video.

came away from watching the video, none the wiser tbh, hopefully it will bring something more to the game, but, at the moment, im not even sure what that is.

currently subbed to the game but won't be buying without a bit more persuasion on the part of Bioware as to why i should image

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    This is actual in-game footage. The reason I love SWTOR, and like Guild Wars2, and TSW is all for the story and excellent graphics. We asked for something diffirent, and it is, it is also in a league of its own. Maybe it's not diffirent enough? Swtor though introduced me to MMO's, and being a fan of Bioware story approach, I instantly loved the mmo. Bioware uses a external company to do animations ( Funimation, or something) , guess the costs ran too high to keep on CGI'ing every single thing. Still love it, although it has its flaws( Small ones, nothing major), it will be my mmo of choice for a long while to come.
  • KreetureKreeture Member UncommonPosts: 59

"Originally posted by cronius77
    wow 20 bucks for a planet and less than what rift does in 1 free patch or even wow for that matter. Heck technically your paying more as a subscriber because you pay 15 bucks a month already and can tack on 10 more dollars for it so your paying 25 bucks that month while the free to play are paying 20 instead... Im sorry but I wish this game would just die and this studio because the more i see them after they converted to free to play the more i wish they would just shut the heck down and stop destroying this IP."

first of all anyone that wanted to could have paid less if they ordered early. Ten or 20 bucks is somthing i dont mind paying at all for content in a game i enjoy. As for trion and its free updates/patches- They just announced they are in the hole and losing money- also Hartsman just quit ~
    The game is doing VERY well and anyone that actually plays instead of just shooting their negative remarks off would tell you this. Every night there is at least 3 instances on the fleet on my server w/close to 300 people on each one.
    i am looking forward to the next event and makeb both,i expect them to be alot of fun.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Looking forward to Makeb... the training statue will be great for my bazillion of alts LOL.

I wonder though how you guys can decifer all the content Makeb will bring from this very short trailer...  lets discuss the content and if it is worth $9.99 after we have more information.

I am looking forward to the new content as well. Still, I am enjoying leveling my alts till then. 

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Czanrei

Really? Swtor is for me best game ever, most fun. Ok, at par or close with wow. 3rd is Gw2 now for me. Btw ... swtor is failure ONLY in relation to wow. But in this sense any game is failure. And would be also wow itself as will never be again possible to repeat that success. On the other side as I know, swtor is stil on 2nd place regarding sub numbers so essentially is success.

• DaedalEVEDaedalEVE Member Posts: 39

I continue to subscribe and got the expansion JUST TO PISS THE REST OF YOU OFF!

Oh yeah, and because I have money to waste. It's awesome to be me... sucks to be poor like you. :P