Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly, is this more of the same?

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    So many of you must live in a nightmare created in your own head, try being optimistic and if the game fails to meet your expectations get over it and move on.

The same crap has been released for a DECADE.Cant blame anyone for expecting the same thing at least one more time..

plus,its already known that its a Themepark.Thats all i need to know.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

What I want is to BE FORCED to work on even leveling my character. Additional workload to professions, exploration and such. I don't want to earn things quickly, it's actually ridiculous, but I want achieving anything to take time. I'm sure at this point I'll be pointed to chinese grinders, but that's really not what I want either. I don't want there's anything in a cash shop I can buy, that simplifies the work. I want to work ONLINE to advance my character, that includes levels, crafting materials, open world PvP, customization options etc.

Sad to bring WoW into this, but back in the day, you took your damn sweet time to even level. After that you took your sweet time to gear in PvE/PvP or both. There was always a carrot for doing something, like farming elementals for simple robe mats to upgrade from your dungeon blue. I don't want to buy those robes from a damn cash shop. I want to work on them.

Perhaps I've grown out of this genre after a decade+++, it seems these games aren't even close to what we had back in the day. In a way I'm happy to have been there when things took effort, but on the other hand I miss that time.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Cothor

Is there going to be weeklies, dailies... timers on progress? I'll be honest, I'm tired of that shit.

Then do not do them.

Not all of us can play every day for 2-3 hours to stay on top of all of this.

Then only play what you can.

Some of us have real jobs and, well, shitty lives, and we can only play in spurts. For example I can only play 12 hours at a time, once or twice a week. Sure that is super nerdy, but it is what it is. Having to do dailies, and weeklies, scheduling shit with my guild... I just literally can't do it.

Then find a guild that is not hardcore and racing to end-game, raids, instances, etc.  There are plenty of those types of guilds out there.  Find one.

I'm sick of being left behind and being weak because I'm forced to work on this bullshit schedule.

Being "left behind" whom?  Guildies?  See above comment.

What happened to old school? If I play for 24 hours in 2 days, my progress should look the same as some guy who played 24 hours over 7 days. I don't want to fall months behind everyone else... I'm sick of it. The current system with this is so horrible.Anyway, is this going to be the same shit as every other AAA title over the last 4 years?

What happened to the days of UO? If I worked hard for 76 hours... coked out of my mind, god damnit, I had something to show for it. logs, ore, gold, illustrious title, hundreds of skill gains, new friends, another house on another account.... Why can I not do this now? Why must I conform to some schedule? That is so damn lame. I want to work hard right now and I want my loot right now because of it.

Whose schedule are you trying to keep up with?

Who is with me!!!!!??????

I'm guessing not many people.  It seems that you want to be part of a hardcore, raiding guild, but your schedule won't allow it.  Welcome to adulthood.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Is there going to be weeklies, dailies... timers on progress? I'll be honest, I'm tired of that shit.

Some of us have real jobs and, well, shitty lives, and we can only play in spurts. For example I can only play 12 hours at a time, once or twice a week. Sure that is super nerdy,

Isn't the idea for dailiies that they are there for casual people to log in a and have some sort of progression for limited time?

And how is it nerdy NOT to be playing video games?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    So many of you must live in a nightmare created in your own head, try being optimistic and if the game fails to meet your expectations get over it and move on.

The same crap has been released for a DECADE.Cant blame anyone for expecting the same thing at least one more time..

plus,its already known that its a Themepark.Thats all i need to know.

As i said move on if it's not to your liking.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    Originally posted by tank017

Hell,EQ1 and Asheron's Call Spoiled me..

Ive been disgruntled since 2000

me 2, its why i went back to Asherons Call. the game has more content than all of these new themeparks put together. plus they still do monthly content updates every single month for 13 years now. so i know my money is at least going towards that.

I was spoiled by Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, and Asheron's Call. Today's mmorpg's don't even have 1/4 of the depth/content/exploration/sandbox features of those games, and those mmorpgs are old. Why can they not make a decent mmorpg these days. They've taken giant leaps backwards and give us less.

I agree also that dailies/weeklies/monthly crap is BS. It's boring.

I don't know if TESO will be more of the same, but if it is, they'll have my initial $60 if I don't get into beta to try it out, then nothing more if it's the same old WoW clone.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

Most people don't get high on cocaine and play for 76 hours. Most people play for a few hours (or less) everyday, and having things like dailies gives normal people something they can work on and feel like they're making progress on their character.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by sapphen

Ehh, I partly agree.  I don't think we should "feel" as if we are working a daily job in a game.  Some people like this sort of thing so I can't really say it's good or bad, just that I personally don't like it.

What really drew my attention is "more of the same".  I have an uncomforable feeling that ESO will be more of the same.

My issue with the weeklies and dailies is that if you do not do them you do fall behind. I hate being locked into some schedule. It doesn't matter if it is pvp or pve, if you do not do them, you are behind. It also makes it impossible for people who start playing at a later date to catch up. Look at WoW for example. If you hit level 90 1 month after everyone else you are fucked. Even if you could catch up the next update will be out when you do and all of it will be for nothing. I fucking hate this system so much.

I want full control of my progress. No more timers, no more lock outs. The player should have absolute control of his destiny.

Thats simply the way it is, in some games. You either follow the cycle, or you end up further and further behind.  I seldom pay much attention to it.  I do almost everything solo, so falling behind doesn't matter to me.  Having Two 90's and seven 85's, I can just cycle through them if I need gold, but I seldom bother.  Once a game becomes like a second job, I'll seldom continue to play for long these days.

TES looks like an entertaining game at this point, which is all I really care about.  If they push PvP to point that it starts harming PvE, then I'll just find something else to play.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by loeslein
    Originally posted by loeslein

Sounds like people here actually want to play a single player game.

mmorpg's are crap compared to the worst PS2 rpg's in my opinion.  hell even ps1.  i've got more enjoyment playing Wild Arms 1 on the PSP than leveling up some generic toon in any easy mode mmorpg. 

GW2 was the best example,  gear, levels, feel like they don't mean a damn thing.  Almost like playing super mario.

I want an mmorpg. I want my hardwork, my hours played, my study to show how great I am. Not some bullshit schedule. I of course want to compete with and against other players, but being locked into this bullshit, generic system is nonsense. It has to stop. If ESO copies this mold it will fail. We have enough versions of this game now. Rift and GW2 look as good as ESO already and are looking like that have as much or more content. ESO has the chance to be great... but, honestly, from all rumors going around, from the website... it looks like it may be a huge pile of shit. Dead serious about that.

Exactly...  all's i want is some fucking challenge..  Demon Souls and Dark Souls have spoiled me....  the predictable raid treadmill is garbage.   GW2 even took it one step futher and made progression totally pointless.  People complain about "grind"  but as of right now every mmorpg is click/press 1,2,3,4.  Sixty hours of that right to endgame.  yay.

So your solution to that is what exactly? Not use the keyboard? Play via mouse only? Console controler? Telepathy?

Many like to complain, but they don't offer any answers. Maybe because the answer doesn't exist (yet).

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

1-Gameplay ALA Darkfall Online

2-PvP ALA DAoC Designed by the Great Brian Wheeler

3-PvE ALA WoW

4-Third Generation Graphics MMO

And all of this made by one of the most successfull Game Franchise

AND .... They have the money to support it

Why would somebody Start the Trolling ? Do you seriously see any other Game coming up with that much Potential ?

And if so Name it! !!!!!!

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

I agree.  While daily and weekly quests may offer something for players to do, albeit monotonous and tedious things, I do not object to them in concept alone.  However, a person who plays the game for 2 hours every day for 7 days should not be rewarded more than a person who plays 2 days for 7+ hours each day.  A player should be able to find something to do in that 7+ hour period of time, and that something should be a rewarding experience that cannot be matched by someone who logs in briefly to knock out the repeatable quests before watching a primetime sitcom.  Content is not merely comprised of story quests and repeatable quests.  ESO has some interesting ideas on how to keep solo, small group, and large group players occupied.  I have some reading to do about this game.  Time will tell if their ideas are fun and rewarding.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

OP and all the others crying in this thread, you should try P2W games, sounds like its what you want since you don't have time to play the games anymore. You have a job so just pay to get what you want, then /cheer when you open the mail and get your new stuff. GW2 is ultra casual for players like yourself. I wouldnt recommend a sandbox, with your limited time you will always be the guy way in the back.

I don't feel sorry for you and you shouldnt be so depressed. It really seems like you should get another hobby. Maybe making wine or beer, it takes along time and you get to enjoy the results, when they turn out good. I found making my own beer to be a fun and rewarding pastime. Different styles use different methods and you can get really involved with it if your nerdy about it.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

Some of us have real jobs and, well, shitty lives, and we can only play in spurts. For example I can only play 12 hours at a time, once or twice a week. Sure that is super nerdy, but it is what it is. Having to do dailies, and weeklies, scheduling shit with my guild... I just literally can't do it. I'm sick of being left behind and being weak because I'm forced to work on this bullshit schedule. What happened to old school? If I play for 24 hours in 2 days, my progress should look the same as some guy who played 24 hours over 7 days. I don't want to fall months behind everyone else... I'm sick of it. The current system with this is so horrible.

Anyway, is this going to be the same shit as every other AAA title over the last 4 years?

What happened to the days of UO? If I worked hard for 76 hours... coked out of my mind, god damnit, I had something to show for it. logs, ore, gold, illustrious title, hundreds of skill gains, new friends, another house on another account.... Why can I not do this now? Why must I conform to some schedule? That is so damn lame. I want to work hard right now and I want my loot right now because of it.

Who is with me!!!!!??????

What are you expecting to be different?

It's interesting that you mention 'old school' games as having a more equal footing for all players. They didn't. In the Everquest generation, there weren't dailies. There was grind. Quests weren't apparent, mobs weren't forgiving, and you died - a lot. You didn't solo. 

What you're describing is not an MMO. MMOs take commitment and time; it's fine if you don't have that but I doubt these games will satisfy you.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Ringside

3-PvE ALA WoW

Funny, no where in your descriptions do you list an actual Elder Scrolls game.  Bascially you just described ESO as a bunch of MMOs you like with a TES skin.

The Elder Scrolls have been redefining the RPG genre for years. It doesn't need Darkfall, DAoC or WoW to be successful, it stands by it's own merits.  Elder Scrolls would've translated into an excellent MMO.  Granted there are many things that needed to be changed but pasting in systems from other MMOs is uncreative - and basically that's what they did.

Elder Scrolls fans was expecting a game that repersented the franchise, not a cheap knock off of other games.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by karmath

Yes. It's just another clone with a twist sadly.

Expect a shallow hybrid of WoW and GW2.

Except that twist has to be the biggest new feature and the things you think are clone like are no where near like WoW.  So in essence not a clone.  Some people should have their posting priveleges suspended for being silly, or following an agenda.  Can you please show the court where the mean themepark game touched you using this doll.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    given the absurdly short development time it is assuredly another copy/paste cash grab like CO/STO...etc
  • joe3563joe3563 Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by karmath

Yes. It's just another clone with a twist sadly.

Expect a shallow hybrid of WoW and GW2.

And you know this how?

Originally posted by grndzro
    given the absurdly short development time it is assuredly another copy/paste cash grab like CO/STO...etc

yeah true, 6 years is really short... Most games take what 10 - 15 years to develop.

3-PvE ALA WoW

Funny, no where in your descriptions do you list an actual Elder Scrolls game.  Bascially you just described ESO as a bunch of MMOs you like with a TES skin.

The Elder Scrolls have been redefining the RPG genre for years. It doesn't need Darkfall, DAoC or WoW to be successful, it stands by it's own merits.  Elder Scrolls would've translated into an excellent MMO.  Granted there are many things that needed to be changed but pasting in systems from other MMOs is uncreative - and basically that's what they did.

Elder Scrolls fans was expecting a game that repersented the franchise, not a cheap knock off of other games.

Sorry but being able to kill, rob or throw baskets over the heads of all NPC's or collecting 300+ bodies and piling up like the wall from the movie 300 or collecting a thousand severed heads and displaying them in your house or killing all the quest NPC's or typing TMG in the ~ command to get through a hard quest or  modding the appeareances of al lthe women to be Nude or collecting 50,000 wheels of cheese and dumping them over the bridge in Riftkin or so many numerous single player things can not ever be translated into an MMO.  Also lets not forget the UI and combat interface....Let me know when the last time you could pause an MMO and change out weapons or spells.  Yea that sort of stuff translates really well into an MMO.  PFFT!

However the things like:

• Open World Open Dungeon questing
    • Character Progression based on skills you choose
    • action combat
    • Lore heavy
    • Crafting Centric vertical progression
    • Intrique, deceit and backstabbing amonst the different factions
    • Soldiers, Scholars and Rogues Guild

Plus some other stuff I am obviously missing, but those are the things that make SKyrim and the rest of the TES games so fun and can translate into the MMO'verse with relative ease.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

3-PvE ALA WoW

It stands on its own merits as a good single player game. I don't think it would be that entertaining as an MMO. I'am sure that the TES fans will get mutiplayer options in TES VI if bethesda listens to the cries of its fans.

• They have broken the mold with each game they've made, and I'm sure this one will be no different. I think if they put the amount of effort into that it deserves then it will be a great MMO. Personally I think it'll take 6 months to a year after release for them to perfect their vision, where they want the game to go, and what they want it to become.
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by grndzro

yeah true, 6 years is really short... Most games take what 10 - 15 years to develop.

Yea some people will grasp at any strawman argument.

At least try7 to research your facts before you throw out hate.  The game went into pre-production in 2007.

Originally posted by bcbully
    I don't know if it's "more of the same," some of the same. I just don't know if there is going to be enough different. It seems like they're putting a lot of eggs in the combat basket. I believe the the combat and itemization is going have to be really good to over come some of the short comings like Apvp (Area PvP tm).

Contrary to popular opinion open world PvP is not a mainstream selling point for a game.  Be glad you found a game you like, let us who want consentual PvP in a beautiful (NEW) themepark be happy as well.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Ehh, I partly agree.  I don't think we should "feel" as if we are working a daily job in a game.  Some people like this sort of thing so I can't really say it's good or bad, just that I personally don't like it.

What really drew my attention is "more of the same".  I have an uncomforable feeling that ESO will be more of the same.

My issue with the weeklies and dailies is that if you do not do them you do fall behind. I hate being locked into some schedule. It doesn't matter if it is pvp or pve, if you do not do them, you are behind. It also makes it impossible for people who start playing at a later date to catch up. Look at WoW for example. If you hit level 90 1 month after everyone else you are fucked. Even if you could catch up the next update will be out when you do and all of it will be for nothing. I fucking hate this system so much.

I want full control of my progress. No more timers, no more lock outs. The player should have absolute control of his destiny.

That would not be the daily/week fault.  Your need to be at the leading edge is a problem. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SquatchinSquatchin Member Posts: 93

All I know is I want an invite to the beta.