Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] The Secret World: The Ups and Downs of Investigation

24

Comments

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon

    Investigations are one of the great additions to the genre, and although they have been around forever in other single-player games, they somehow were forgotten in MMOs.  It's strange, but some of the best single player games ever created -- Ultima, Zork, Myst, even Skyrim -- have a puzzle solving element to them; but for whatever reason, developers seem to have concluded that "thinking in MMOs" is something that not enough players want. For myself, it's the chief reason TSW is my main game.  I love the combat as well, but why wouldn't you have mysteries to solve in any MMO?  It certainly makes the game more immersive -- why wouldn't you extend the quest type to fantasy and sci-fi MMOs as well?  Why was the king's son kidnapped?  Who is behind the attacks in the delta quadrant?  Why are people vanishing without a trace?  It would be much more fun to play these storylines without all the pointers on the map.

     

    As to Google, my only request to Funcom is to add an option to the search (they now have a custom home page when you open up the in-game browser) to add -tsw -walkthru -unfair, etc automatically to the default search, so that it screens out the spoiler sites.  When I search, I always add these when I first am researching clues.  Apart from that, I have absolutely no problem with having a browser in the toolkit for hunting down investigations.  It makes complete sense within the game world.

     

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by thark
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

    Personally I felt a lot of the investigation missions were riddled with failures in game design.

    I should not have to use a search engine or external source to figure out how to proceed in the game.

    When the clues are Bible passages, they should have that book in the game.  I should not have to struggle because I looked up the correct passage, but had the wrong translation.

    If they wanted an "internet" in the game, it should have been a false one with only game-related things in it.  The clues neccessary, as well as "news" related to events in the game.  I don't understand how they can possibly believe telling players to "just google it" is good game design.

    Even when I do just need to find a clue from Google, the search results page is often littered with spoilers and walkthroughs.

    I want to figure out the puzzles in the game, not just search engine the answers.

     I agree that more of the "clues" could have been added to the game, like interactive objects etc.

    But building websites that are fictious just for the purpose of adding to the feeling  that the "Secret World" is for real...

    Ohh,,A in game "fake" browser...I cant see how this could even come close to the current system..

    I think  the line "just Google it" is rather confusing, because it could mean so much, as evidently as your post right here.

    Funcom has done a tremendous job with integrating their game in the real world, by means of "fake webpages" etc

    As for the "spoiler links" isnt those rather obvious, you just don't have to click on them, or can't you resist ?

    So you know of their fake websites that are strictly for in-game purposes, but then don't see that they could have done more of that?

    I am not sure if you are aware, but even things linked in the search results of Google, have text describing them. So when trying to find what an in game clue is referencing, and scrolling through search results, reading a spoiler can often happen right from the Google results.

    It's a mediocre system at best.  Feels half-hearted, like they could have gone more towards fake websites, or done it all in game instead of just part.

     

    Investigation missions are a great idea, and I would love them, if real world search engines weren't both the required clues and the biggest spoilers.

    I hope another company does investigation type quests, but does them well.

    In the first months after launch the fake clue sites were in the top results.

    The problem is the sheer amount of lazy players going for spoiler sites, causing the spoiler sites to fill the top results now, often the entire first page. /shrug

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by thark
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

    Personally I felt a lot of the investigation missions were riddled with failures in game design.

    I should not have to use a search engine or external source to figure out how to proceed in the game.

    When the clues are Bible passages, they should have that book in the game.  I should not have to struggle because I looked up the correct passage, but had the wrong translation.

    If they wanted an "internet" in the game, it should have been a false one with only game-related things in it.  The clues neccessary, as well as "news" related to events in the game.  I don't understand how they can possibly believe telling players to "just google it" is good game design.

    Even when I do just need to find a clue from Google, the search results page is often littered with spoilers and walkthroughs.

    I want to figure out the puzzles in the game, not just search engine the answers.

     I agree that more of the "clues" could have been added to the game, like interactive objects etc.

    But building websites that are fictious just for the purpose of adding to the feeling  that the "Secret World" is for real...

    Ohh,,A in game "fake" browser...I cant see how this could even come close to the current system..

    I think  the line "just Google it" is rather confusing, because it could mean so much, as evidently as your post right here.

    Funcom has done a tremendous job with integrating their game in the real world, by means of "fake webpages" etc

    As for the "spoiler links" isnt those rather obvious, you just don't have to click on them, or can't you resist ?

    So you know of their fake websites that are strictly for in-game purposes, but then don't see that they could have done more of that?

    I am not sure if you are aware, but even things linked in the search results of Google, have text describing them. So when trying to find what an in game clue is referencing, and scrolling through search results, reading a spoiler can often happen right from the Google results.

    It's a mediocre system at best.  Feels half-hearted, like they could have gone more towards fake websites, or done it all in game instead of just part.

     

    Investigation missions are a great idea, and I would love them, if real world search engines weren't both the required clues and the biggest spoilers.

    I hope another company does investigation type quests, but does them well.

    In the first months after launch the fake clue sites were in the top results.

    The problem is the sheer amount of lazy players going for spoiler sites, causing the spoiler sites to fill the top results now, often the entire first page. /shrug

    Kinda makes you wonder how many kids are pasting wikipedia content verbatim into their term papers without ever actually reading it. ;)

  • barasawabarasawa Eugene, ORPosts: 273Member Uncommon

    Unless there have been changes, the ingame "browser" is a piece of excrement that doesn't even do basic things people expect of browsers. Even the browser on my old non-smart phone was several factors better.

     

    Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by barasawa

    Unless there have been changes, the ingame "browser" is a piece of excrement that doesn't even do basic things people expect of browsers. Even the browser on my old non-smart phone was several factors better.

    "Barebones" is probably the best description for the functionality of the browser.  Don't think they are trying to complete with Chrome or anything -- just enough to look something up.  Every additional feature in the browser means a tradeoff in game content, so completely okay with the basics.

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Thillian
    You can clearly see that it's a spoiler site if you google it -- almost all of the sites have capitalized title saying "QUEST NAME WALKTHROUGH". What is the problem here really? Just avoid it

    Ah, you didn't understand.  I meant Google's search results page ITSELF was a spoiler site.  The results it listed often included spoilers right there, without requiring you to go away from the google page.

    I would avoid it if the game included everything necessary in the game without external search engines.

     

    Also, I agree with ericbelser about bugs.  Sometimes on these investigation missions, the CORRECT thing you are supposed to enter or do does not function, sometimes punishing your character wtih death instead.  This is horrible as it can throw off players becuase they think the correct answer is the wrong one, and look for a different answer.  Truly a terrible thing when Funcom kills characters for doing investigation missions correctly, by using its bad coding.

    El Psy Congroo

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Thillian
    You can clearly see that it's a spoiler site if you google it -- almost all of the sites have capitalized title saying "QUEST NAME WALKTHROUGH". What is the problem here really? Just avoid it

    Ah, you didn't understand.  I meant Google's search results page ITSELF was a spoiler site.  The results it listed often included spoilers right there, without requiring you to go away from the google page.

    I would avoid it if the game included everything necessary in the game without external search engines.

    Also, I agree with ericbelser about bugs.  Sometimes on these investigation missions, the CORRECT thing you are supposed to enter or do does not function, sometimes punishing your character wtih death instead.  This is horrible as it can throw off players becuase they think the correct answer is the wrong one, and look for a different answer.  Truly a terrible thing when Funcom kills characters for doing investigation missions correctly, by using its bad coding.

    Example please?  Never been killed on an investigation unless I actually missed a clue  or got something wrong -- blame yourself before blaming Funcom for these.  Example: on Digging Deeper there is a poison trap.  Nowhere can you die unless you actually get the clues wrong.

    Type in -tsw -unfair in your search if you don't want to see spoiler sites appear in the results.  And don't type in the name of the mission -- type in the actual thing you are looking for.  So typing in Digging Deeper tier 4 is not the way to search on clues.  Instead, type in the name of the composer, or morse code, or whatever the clue is in the mission.  Sheez -- it's as if MMO players have never had to think before...

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Thillian
    You can clearly see that it's a spoiler site if you google it -- almost all of the sites have capitalized title saying "QUEST NAME WALKTHROUGH". What is the problem here really? Just avoid it

    Ah, you didn't understand.  I meant Google's search results page ITSELF was a spoiler site.  The results it listed often included spoilers right there, without requiring you to go away from the google page.

    I would avoid it if the game included everything necessary in the game without external search engines.

    Also, I agree with ericbelser about bugs.  Sometimes on these investigation missions, the CORRECT thing you are supposed to enter or do does not function, sometimes punishing your character wtih death instead.  This is horrible as it can throw off players becuase they think the correct answer is the wrong one, and look for a different answer.  Truly a terrible thing when Funcom kills characters for doing investigation missions correctly, by using its bad coding.

    Example please?  Never been killed on an investigation unless I actually missed a clue  or got something wrong -- blame yourself before blaming Funcom for these.  Example: on Digging Deeper there is a poison trap.  Nowhere can you die unless you actually get the clues wrong.

    Type in -tsw -unfair in your search if you don't want to see spoiler sites appear in the results.  And don't type in the name of the mission -- type in the actual thing you are looking for.  So typing in Digging Deeper tier 4 is not the way to search on clues.  Instead, type in the name of the composer, or morse code, or whatever the clue is in the mission.  Sheez -- it's as if MMO players have never had to think before...

    I'm not the only one who has mentioned buggy clues.  Also, typing in the same clue repeatedly, as in the exact same thing multiple times in a row, twice resulted in death, and the third time worked.  This was after I knew the clue was correct.  I was actually testing to see if it truly was a horrible buggy Funcom mess that was doing it, and yep, it was.

    So yeah, sometimes the game thinks you get the clues wrong, even when you do it right.

    Also I find the prospect of having to alter search results to get clues to a puzzle in a game laughable, compared to say, just having all the clues in the game.

    El Psy Congroo

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Thillian
    You can clearly see that it's a spoiler site if you google it -- almost all of the sites have capitalized title saying "QUEST NAME WALKTHROUGH". What is the problem here really? Just avoid it

    Ah, you didn't understand.  I meant Google's search results page ITSELF was a spoiler site.  The results it listed often included spoilers right there, without requiring you to go away from the google page.

    I would avoid it if the game included everything necessary in the game without external search engines.

    Also, I agree with ericbelser about bugs.  Sometimes on these investigation missions, the CORRECT thing you are supposed to enter or do does not function, sometimes punishing your character wtih death instead.  This is horrible as it can throw off players becuase they think the correct answer is the wrong one, and look for a different answer.  Truly a terrible thing when Funcom kills characters for doing investigation missions correctly, by using its bad coding.

    Example please?  Never been killed on an investigation unless I actually missed a clue  or got something wrong -- blame yourself before blaming Funcom for these.  Example: on Digging Deeper there is a poison trap.  Nowhere can you die unless you actually get the clues wrong.

    Type in -tsw -unfair in your search if you don't want to see spoiler sites appear in the results.  And don't type in the name of the mission -- type in the actual thing you are looking for.  So typing in Digging Deeper tier 4 is not the way to search on clues.  Instead, type in the name of the composer, or morse code, or whatever the clue is in the mission.  Sheez -- it's as if MMO players have never had to think before...

    I'm not the only one who has mentioned buggy clues.  Also, typing in the same clue repeatedly, as in the exact same thing multiple times in a row, twice resulted in death, and the third time worked.  This was after I knew the clue was correct.  I was actually testing to see if it truly was a horrible buggy Funcom mess that was doing it, and yep, it was.

    So yeah, sometimes the game thinks you get the clues wrong, even when you do it right.

    Also I find the prospect of having to alter search results to get clues to a puzzle in a game laughable, compared to say, just having all the clues in the game.

    I'm calling B.S. until you name the mission.

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'm calling B.S. until you name the mission.

    What, all of the buggy missions?

    Why don't you use your in game browser to search for that ;)

    It is funny though, to find that unfair.co website list some missions as buggy as well.

    El Psy Congroo

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'm calling B.S. until you name the mission.

    What, all of the buggy missions?

    Why don't you use your in game browser to search for that ;)

    It is funny though, to find that unfair.co website list some missions as buggy as well.

    lol, you're sitting here telling us all about the investigation mission that killed you, and you can't even name it.  Did you actually play the game? 

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'm calling B.S. until you name the mission.

    What, all of the buggy missions?

    Why don't you use your in game browser to search for that ;)

    It is funny though, to find that unfair.co website list some missions as buggy as well.

    lol, you're sitting here telling us all about the investigation mission that killed you, and you can't even name it.  Did you actually play the game?

    Yeah, I did.  There was one that killed me, another with just buggy implementation of clicking the objects, and even non-investigation missions have many bugs.

    I mean I don't keep track of the names of missions with bugs that made it a terrible experience just so I can post about them months later.

    I'm trying to find specific mission names for you, but it's hard to sift through the pages of results of massive lists of bugs in the game and find the specific ones I mean.

     

    I do think its funny how me not knowing every mission in an MMO would mean that I was making up having issues with it, when others have confirmed it as well.  Oh well, fanboys, what can ya do.

    El Psy Congroo

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Now transferring you to the troll list...

    So I'm a troll because I mentioned bugs with missions in a game where even the popular walkthrough site mentions the missions having bugs?

     

    Neither of us are trolls; I am not an idiot.

    El Psy Congroo

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'm calling B.S. until you name the mission.

    What, all of the buggy missions?

    Why don't you use your in game browser to search for that ;)

    It is funny though, to find that unfair.co website list some missions as buggy as well.

    lol, you're sitting here telling us all about the investigation mission that killed you, and you can't even name it.  Did you actually play the game?

    Yeah, I did.  There was one that killed me, another with just buggy implementation of clicking the objects, and even non-investigation missions have many bugs.

    I mean I don't keep track of the names of missions with bugs that made it a terrible experience just so I can post about them months later.

    I'm trying to find specific mission names for you, but it's hard to sift through the pages of results of massive lists of bugs in the game and find the specific ones I mean.

     

    I do think its funny how me not knowing every mission in an MMO would mean that I was making up having issues with it, when others have confirmed it as well.  Oh well, fanboys, what can ya do.

    I'll accept that there's a bug, but there are plenty of haters as well as fanboys out there talking about bugs who played for 2 hours back in beta.  So, you'll pardon me if I ask for a few specifics about your sweeping generalizations. 

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    removed.
  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member
    Investigation missions have worked fine for me and ive been playing since the Closed beta (thats before the marketing weekend for those who dont understand the term) The only Investigation missions i can think of that even hurt me involved it as a ingame mechanic. So sorry i have no clue what your talking about. With how the game is now maybe 1-3% of the games missions are bugged.  so either you played a LONG time ago or never at all.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'll accept that there's a bug, but there are plenty of haters as well as fanboys out there talking about bugs who played for 2 hours back in beta.  So, you'll pardon me if I ask for a few specifics about your sweeping generalizations. 

    For me, the bugs aren't too bad, as I was able to get past them eventually.  They are unintentional and hopefully will be fixed.

     

    The bad part is google being a puzzle hint.  I just want to solve puzzles in the game using clues in the game.

    Anyways, there is a ton about the game I find to be exceptional, especially the way they do servers and grouping - far better than Guild Wars 2 guesting system, while still being implemented earlier.  There are a lot of great things to say about TSW to be honest.

    El Psy Congroo

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member
    So far i have found the best way to do investigation missions is with a group and RPing it. It actually moves great and flows well. Though from time to time there is the sparatic jump that somone has to figure out why we are going somewhere.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Investigation missions have worked fine for me and ive been playing since the Closed beta (thats before the marketing weekend for those who dont understand the term) The only Investigation missions i can think of that even hurt me involved it as a ingame mechanic. So sorry i have no clue what your talking about. With how the game is now maybe 1-3% of the games missions are bugged.  so either you played a LONG time ago or never at all.

    Actually I did play a long time ago, the things I mentioned were more recent.  What factual report lists the percentage of missions that have bugs?  Also, why is there a range rather than a set percent?  Or did you just fabricate statistics to help prove your point?

     

    In any event, OF COURSE the missions that hurt used an in game mechanic to do so.  What, do you think funcom employees come to your house and beat you for failing a part of a mission?  Why would it not be ingame mechanics?

    El Psy Congroo

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member

    lol there is a range because it depends on what server you are on. Some servers have it worse than others.

     

    My statistics are opinion from leveling 2 characters to be able to run nightmare dungeons. One at launch one very recently. it didn't feel very buggy anymore. I'm not giving you my view as part of a scientific study dictated within the Lab of Blah Blah Blah.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'll accept that there's a bug, but there are plenty of haters as well as fanboys out there talking about bugs who played for 2 hours back in beta.  So, you'll pardon me if I ask for a few specifics about your sweeping generalizations. 

    For me, the bugs aren't too bad, as I was able to get past them eventually.  They are unintentional and hopefully will be fixed.

    The bad part is google being a puzzle hint.  I just want to solve puzzles in the game using clues in the game.

    Anyways, there is a ton about the game I find to be exceptional, especially the way they do servers and grouping - far better than Guild Wars 2 guesting system, while still being implemented earlier.  There are a lot of great things to say about TSW to be honest.

    I really just want to know which mission it is - I haven't seen too many deadly investigation missions -- Digging Deeper (Iluminati in Kingsmouth) is one, but it's a recent one, and it had zero bugs.  Maybe it was a sabotage mission, as those tend to have more traps and tripwire type stuff.  Can you remember what the storyline/location was?

     

    The new home page has a radio button option to search on spoiler free sites, but it could still be better.  Until then, using the flags seems the safest way.

     

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Rayshe

    lol there is a range because it depends on what server you are on. Some servers have it worse than others.

     

    My statistics are opinion from leveling 2 characters to be able to run nightmare dungeons. One at launch one very recently. it didn't feel very buggy anymore.

    If I said based on my feelings and opinion the game had 95% to 98% of its missions riddled with bugs, it'd be just as valid a statement as yours.  In other words, not at all.

    Making up statistics based on feelings and sentiment doesn't make your thoughts more valid, it actually makes you appear more biased.

    I apprecate your attempts at establishing authority and validity about the game through your supposed history with the title, but even someone who played every single day could miss bugs that another person could come across on their first day in game.

    There is a lot to like about the game, minor bugs and the investigation clues could have been handled better though.

     

    Anyways, Funcom is 100000% chance going to go bankrupt tomorrow because of feelings and opinions.

    I hope I've made my point.

    El Psy Congroo

  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'll accept that there's a bug, but there are plenty of haters as well as fanboys out there talking about bugs who played for 2 hours back in beta.  So, you'll pardon me if I ask for a few specifics about your sweeping generalizations. 

    For me, the bugs aren't too bad, as I was able to get past them eventually.  They are unintentional and hopefully will be fixed.

    The bad part is google being a puzzle hint.  I just want to solve puzzles in the game using clues in the game.

    Anyways, there is a ton about the game I find to be exceptional, especially the way they do servers and grouping - far better than Guild Wars 2 guesting system, while still being implemented earlier.  There are a lot of great things to say about TSW to be honest.

    I really just want to know which mission it is - I haven't seen too many deadly investigation missions -- Digging Deeper (Iluminati in Kingsmouth) is one, but it's a recent one, and it had zero bugs.  Maybe it was a sabotage mission, as those tend to have more traps and tripwire type stuff.  Can you remember what the storyline/location was?

     

    The new home page has a radio button option to search on spoiler free sites, but it could still be better.  Until then, using the flags seems the safest way.

    The deadly one, not sure of yet.  I did just remember one with emotes and statues.  Like 4 statues you do the emotes in order or something?

    Anyways, that one had to take several extra attempts when the correct emote just did not work.  Eventually the same commands in the same order did work.  *shrugs*

    Some of those sabotage missions are pretty fun.

    El Psy Congroo

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member

    Yup 'n' im'a ignore it. Please take a second and realize where you are and what you are doing. Your attacking someone on a Forum (mmorpg.com forums at that) for stating a opinion. feel dumb yet?

     

    You can rant about anything i say n i wont give 2 shits, why cause im not uptight or elitist. I will continue to state my opinion when i feel like it. I care not about if my statements are true because when you get down to it all statements are pure opinion and Fact is something that can be forged to suit said opinion (Proof United States). So there is no proof, ever, will your world continue turning. Most likely, will you forget what i said here, Definately. Will i care, Chances are not look too good. so please call it here, This arguement you seem to wish to drag me into is boring n i really dont want to spend hours arguing to a faceless person on the internet.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Ortwig

    I'll accept that there's a bug, but there are plenty of haters as well as fanboys out there talking about bugs who played for 2 hours back in beta.  So, you'll pardon me if I ask for a few specifics about your sweeping generalizations. 

    For me, the bugs aren't too bad, as I was able to get past them eventually.  They are unintentional and hopefully will be fixed.

    The bad part is google being a puzzle hint.  I just want to solve puzzles in the game using clues in the game.

    Anyways, there is a ton about the game I find to be exceptional, especially the way they do servers and grouping - far better than Guild Wars 2 guesting system, while still being implemented earlier.  There are a lot of great things to say about TSW to be honest.

    I really just want to know which mission it is - I haven't seen too many deadly investigation missions -- Digging Deeper (Iluminati in Kingsmouth) is one, but it's a recent one, and it had zero bugs.  Maybe it was a sabotage mission, as those tend to have more traps and tripwire type stuff.  Can you remember what the storyline/location was?

     

    The new home page has a radio button option to search on spoiler free sites, but it could still be better.  Until then, using the flags seems the safest way.

    The deadly one, not sure of yet.  I did just remember one with emotes and statues.  Like 4 statues you do the emotes in order or something?

    Anyways, that one had to take several extra attempts when the correct emote just did not work.  Eventually the same commands in the same order did work.  *shrugs*

    Some of those sabotage missions are pretty fun.

    That is Digging Deeper. At launch that had afew problems, however it was patched the following day.

     

    EDIT:I should also probubly add that what needed to be patched was the ability to leave after the quest was done. i know that bug because i had to relog when i finished it.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Sign In or Register to comment.