Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question

GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,488Member Uncommon

P2P-yes or no?

This simple question will decide how retarded(or not) Zenimax Online truly is.

• MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member
    I have always thought that if I died and went to hell, satan would make me a community manager for a popular MMO.  I cant think of anything worse than that.

• FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon

P2P - I hope so

There are enough games out there for free-loaders, we don't need another.

• boxsndboxsnd Kraxton, ARPosts: 438Member Uncommon
    Hoping for B2P with a cash shop. One of the few things that GW2 got right.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat SP, MOPosts: 312Member

Elder Scrolls Online ‏@detective_mango No, we have not yet announced our business model. We'll be sure to update here on Twitter when we do, though!

• dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member
    B2P with a cash shop and a sub option to receive monthly cash shop currency

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon
    I hope it's subscription based. If it's B2P with a cash shop, I don't see myself sticking with it very long.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MollowMollow KoldingPosts: 66Member

My bet would be Pay to Play. I reckon there is no real info on the subject yet.

I hope it will be Pay to Play, as I have had the best gaming experience with Pay to Play MMOs.

• RawizRawiz HelsinkiPosts: 469Member Uncommon
    Hope it's P2P, with no cash shop. The hope will crumble on the second part though.
  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor AdelaidePosts: 549Member Uncommon
    It won't be F2P and there are very few surviving P2P games now so  I think the best option would be B2P with optional cash shop for vanity/convenience items similar to the GW2 or TSW model.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott BristolPosts: 433Member

Pay to play without a stinking cash shop.  If it's anything else, then I'll have absolutely no interest in it.

Obviously will have a cash shop though, ugh, how depressing.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon
    P2P games are getting extincted... I am sure that it will be or... B2P or P2P in combination with freemium Model.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,488Member Uncommon
    If it is P2P, they are in full retard mode. We have THREE P2P games left(WAR/WoW/Rift). And if they Expect to change something overnight-oh my are they in for a treat! P2P is dying and for a reson. In this day and age, it is complete robbery.

I Expect it to be p2p(because most MMOs start in the retard mode and work toward the awesome mode) with a Freemium switch within a year. In this case, ESO does not interest me no matter what they offer with their game.

It is not likely it will be b2p. But if it is, I could see myself trying it. B2P is the way it's meant to be after all...
  • cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,390Member Uncommon

the only reason that pay to play is dying out is because a lot of the games that have been released in the last few years are not worth a dime of a sub fee as they release half finished with little to no content at end game .

You can look at wow being pay to play still and see its still the king of games for population .  Games like EQ2 and DAOC did fine for years with pay to play until they just got old. While buy to play is very attractive it also leads to a gimicky cash shop that pisses off a lot of people. Trust me if a good game releases that is top quality and actually full of content , monthly subs will be going no where. Hell most people in these cash shop games spend way more than a sub anyways just ask sevenstar and her gambling addiction:P

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,488Member Uncommon

The games are meant to be B2P. Period.
  • MollowMollow KoldingPosts: 66Member
    Originally posted by Gorwe

The games are meant to be B2P. Period.

Sounds like a subjective opinion, eh. Why do you ask, when you're ignorant to any answer that doesn't appeal to your belief?

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    There's more than 3 P2P games

Rift, wow, eve, uo, daoc, war, dfuw off the top of my has, probably more.
  • WaldoeWaldoe allentown, PAPosts: 624Member

There is no reason for it to be anything other than P2P. People get a taste of free shit and then that is all they expect from there on out. (Just look at all the goverment hand outs people get here in the U.S. as a perfect example of that)

If the game is good and well maintained with semi frequent content updates most have no problem forking over ~15 a month.

Problem with games lately is that they sucked. They were rushed to release. They were not maintained well. They were not updated often enough. They didn't listen to the players well enough.

P2P is not a dying breed at all. The devs just need to get it through their thick skulls that a good product that the players want will keep the cash flow pumping.

• BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Gorwe

P2P-yes or no?

This simple question will decide how retarded(or not) Zenimax Online truly is.

Why? You talk as if they have decided. Does your mom and dad work on thier financial team and you overheard something?