Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite Elder Scrolls game

2»

Comments

• zanebergeronzanebergeron Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I picked Daggerfall, it was my first Elder Scrolls game.  I agree with what a few have said, by todays standards it might be a crap game...back then it was my favorite.  I especially loved the fact I could play as a vampire or werewolf.

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
    PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others
    WATCHING:EQ Next : Wildstar:Archage :WoD
    WISHING FOR: A UO Remake
    HAPPILY PLAYING ONLINE SINCE 97.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I too had to pick Daggerfall as no other Bethesda game to date has given me the sence of pure awe that it did back in 1996. I remember before I discovered the spells mark and recall getting lost for days just trying to find my way out of 1 dungeon in that game. Not to mention there was the feeling of satisfaction when you rolled into town with a cart full of swag after spending literally hours clearing out one dungeon. I've also greatly enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim but those games were pretty much what I expected going into them. Daggerfall was a real gem and very unique as there wasn't anything else like it at the time.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ExzearExzear Member UncommonPosts: 65
    i picked oblivion because that game was soo mutch fun when it came out kinda like skyrim but at that time i was soo into ES games i was super happy and played oblivion so mutch! skyrim was ofc good and all but its new and graphically epic and all that but oblivion is still my favorite!

Youtube.com/TheNorseGamer

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Morrowind.  Freedom and minimal developer provided hand-holding.  Plenty of adventuring.

My only significant annoyance was cliff racers as overland junk mobs.  They were okay the first 1,000 kills, but enough is enough.  *grin*

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Without a doubt, Morrowind.

Morrowind was designed in a slightly eerie, but wonderfully unique way.  You have familiar sites like Imperial settlements and Legion forts, but make no mistake, when you get to the Dark Elven ones, you will not confuse them.  Even the plantlife can look different from what you're used to.

Of all the TES games that have come out, I say hands down, the province of Morrowind was designed with the most care by Bethesda.  They went to quite a bit of effort to make the Dark Elven homeland look the part.  You are not in Skyrim with the obvious European inspirations.  You are not in the Imperial province where it seems so generic in Oblivion.  You will see the marks and representatives of the Empire in Morrowind, especially the Legion.  But you are in Morrowind, and Bethesda showed that the Dark Elves truly ran their own program there.  It was "their land" and you are a stranger in it.  The idea that I'm in a strange land never escaped me when I played Morrowind.

The only fault Morrowind had was that it came out in the early 2000's, when the mod scene was just starting.  It didn't get the massive mod support that the much later released Oblivion and Skyrim had.

Character development was the purest form of old school TES.  No perks and stuff like that.  Totally old school skillbased.

And the beauty of all this stuff about Morrowind was that this was the VANILLA game.  It didn't take a boatload of mods to enjoy the game, because mods were barely around at all.  Of all the Post-Daggerfall TES games, to me, Morrowind required the least bit of 3rd party tweaking / mods to fully enjoy.

Skyrim is a great game, but IMO, Bethesda was really on top of its "World Creating" game with Morrowind.  After the DOS-based Daggerfall, it looked like Bethesda saw the freedom of the new engine and had a wonderful field day in making the province of Morrowind.  It was a really strange land, and I had tremendous fun exploring it.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    However, Morrowind in the end did get alot of mods making it an almost current game graphic-wise.  The MGE plus other mods makes it quite beautiful.