Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

250 players buy $1000 pre launch support packs

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
Here is the tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pathofexile/status/294109567229501440

No doubt the game continues to impress!

Comments

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Holy moly. that's great news.

I for one will make it a point to buy everything in the cash shop to support the devs. I am that itching for a next generation D2ish type game from developers that listen to the community and plan on relying on the generosity of the fans.

It will be a turning point in the MMORPG world I hope. Especially if they knock it out of the ballpark. People will have something to sink their teeth into instead of praying an MMORPG will actually cater to the people that want to play a game longer than 3 months. 

Personally I hope to be eye deep in PoE for years only poking my head out to check on reviews of already released games. 

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Sad to me how little exposure this game has on MMORPG.com

Diablo 3 had more threads and traffic!  Obviously that was a much higher profile game, but still!  Considering how much people disliked it on release, you would think more would spread the word about this game...

Heck it's FREE TO PLAY! 

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by grndzro

I for one will make it a point to buy everything in the cash shop to support the devs. I am that itching for a next generation D2ish type game from developers that listen to the community and plan on relying on the generosity of the fans.

It will be a turning point in the MMORPG world I hope. Especially if they knock it out of the ballpark. People will have something to sink their teeth into instead of praying an MMORPG will actually cater to the people that want to play a game longer than 3 months. 

Personally I hope to be eye deep in PoE for years only poking my head out to check on reviews of already released games. 

LOL

If you aren't on PoE's payroll, you should be.

Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by grndzro

LOL

If you aren't on PoE's payroll, you should be.

What! I'v been going through D2 withdrawls for years and years. I can't help myself.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

250 people paid 1k and are applauded, they get points and a few cosmetics and swag. 

People pay 1/5 that for marvel heroes, which didn't have a kickstarter, and they get double the normal currency rate, and access to all store bought classes that the game launches with, and those people are put up on crosses lol.

Strange world.  I can't see either choice making much sense, but really 1k for a free to play?

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Well Adam I agree in that I wasn't about to drop $1000, let alone $250. However, I do think PoE has a good thing going and for budgetary reasons, ill spend $50 at least on it.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

The game is pretty good, lost my first char in hardcore a week ago... And when you log back in a tell people, the whole chat goes RIP! lol, great community. :)

And I think that if you really have to go F2P then this is doing it right.. The people paying 1K did it because they love the game, not because they get some kind of advantage.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Painlezz

Diablo 3 had more threads and traffic!  Obviously that was a much higher profile game, but still!  Considering how much people disliked it on release, you would think more would spread the word about this game...

Heck it's FREE TO PLAY! 

After the tantrum from so many that D3 was covered here, I'd be surprised if they went out of their way to cover lower profile games. They're kinda damned if they do and damned if they don't.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

I used the money from D3 RMAH to support PoE. 

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Heck it's FREE TO PLAY! 

The hint is in the name of this website.

Heck it's FREE TO PLAY! 

Lol the devs are in panic mode. so many people in OB they had no clue how popular it would get in a few days. The game will do fine.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I am going to buy a few items in the shop just to support these guys. I sent em $10 last april and told a few friends of mine about it and they did the same. We got beta access for it an I have been a fan since.

As far as the people spending $1k goes, if they got it like that and like the game, more power to em. I feel the same about the Marvel fans spending $200. Not my money and to just be honest I really could care less how other people spend theirs.

Hopefully people who like this game and play it alot will show some kind of support, even $5-10 bucks would be a nice gesture.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by adam_nox

250 people paid 1k and are applauded, they get points and a few cosmetics and swag. 

People pay 1/5 that for marvel heroes, which didn't have a kickstarter, and they get double the normal currency rate, and access to all store bought classes that the game launches with, and those people are put up on crosses lol.

Strange world.  I can't see either choice making much sense, but really 1k for a free to play?

The price for the marvel heroes package..isn't really optional though is it? Your choice is grind or buy this, they are both undesirable. The 1K PoE thing is obviously there as a support option whereas the MH one is there to tempt you to buy it. There was hardly any reason the buy any PoE pack except for beta access. The big question though is how much grind have they put into MH.. how hard is it to unlock everything in that $200 pack?

Marvel Heroes: $200 for everything the game has to offer or grind for it

Path of Exile: Full game is free

That's a pretty big difference.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    very cool, never knew of the title, thou after seeing the world name they used, I just couldn't help but laugh how simular "sounding" the name is. Just saying ;) happy that independent titles are getting the love they deserve thou. ;)

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    I think it's hilarious how some people feel that they are somehow "getting back at diablo 3" by spending large amounts of cash on a different game.  It's cute.
  • chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    nah, i think it shows support for a game people really want to play, be it diabolisk or not, but in any case I enjoy diablo 3 even for all the crap it gets from a small minority at this point. Mind you a minority is a few thousand players , but out a few million on daily. it's spit in the wind.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Heck it's FREE TO PLAY! 

Though I respect what this game is trying to do, it's still an hack&slash and not an MMO.

Really, I agree with the "purist" MMO fans on this matter: an MMO is still confined by a persistent envirement in my book, which Path of Exile doesn't have. I feel like MMORPG.com needs a certain rebranding if they condtinue to list games like this (xwhich isn't a shame btw, just a matter of naming the things as they are).

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!