Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Path of Exile: Dethroning Diablo?

124»

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    It's funny how everyone wants to talk about D3 when POE comes up. It's like the only reason they think it exists is to not be D3. When POE sells six million plus you can start the dethroning bandwagon. Until then do the world a favor and talk about POE when you're talking about POE.

D3 sold 6 million plus based solely on the reputation of the two previous Diablo titles. Those of us who actually understand the comparison know the feeling when we realized the Diablo rug was pulled out from underneath us with D3. PoE is F2P and does not need to be downloaded 6 million times to take the top spot in the ARPG genre. 

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by jpnole
    It's funny how everyone wants to talk about D3 when POE comes up. It's like the only reason they think it exists is to not be D3. When POE sells six million plus you can start the dethroning bandwagon. Until then do the world a favor and talk about POE when you're talking about POE.

D3 sold 6 million plus based solely on the reputation of the two previous Diablo titles. Those of us who actually understand the comparison know the feeling when we realized the Diablo rug was pulled out from underneath us with D3. PoE is F2P and does not need to be downloaded 6 million times to take the top spot in the ARPG genre. 

Agreed D3 was a major disappointment to the Diablo family. They managed to strip most choices out of it.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Yizle

Agreed D3 was a major disappointment to the Diablo family. They managed to strip most choices out of it.

It's like POE doesn't even exist. image

POE? Is that a new D3 expansion or something?

Just spent three hours playing the game and so far am having one hell of a good time. My only problems so far are nailing down exactly which class I want to level first, and feeling parts of my brain combust when I saw the passive skill tree for the first time. Why when it looks like we have been given a new game with some fresh and fun ideas, people seem to only want to discuss the game that jilted them in the past is beyond me.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

Married with 3 kids my playstyle changed considerably and I find the fast action on D3 and lack of complexity a blessing when I finally sit at my PC at the end of the day.

Also, I like knowing that I have a chance ( very slim but still) to earn real money as a result of my relaxing time playing, its not about the money but gives me a sense of purpose and a nice connection between my hobby and the "real world".

I am going to try POE and if Iike it my playing time will be divided between those two games.

What concerns the future, most likely D3 will improve alot because the competition is getting fierce and because they have the means and a name to defend.

On the other hand POE might be THE GAME showing the industry that the model "Ethic micro payments" can work.

I wish the best to both father (D3)  and son (POE)

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

You couldn't be more wrong. At least in PoE you can get good drops on a regular basis AND the roll ranges are tighter for each given level. In D3 you'd get rares and legendaries with horrible rolls, most being vendor trash. PoE gets it right.

That's not even what I was talking about but don't kid yourself theres plenty of garbage items in PoE too. Really though you're helping me prove my point, that PoE is just another loot slot machine once you realize that the skill tree looks far more complicated than it actually is.