Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't understand what is going on with the relaunch.

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

They don't like to give very clear cut information these Japanese, I remember having a FF11 account and went to return and the account had been disabled, though it took weeks of trying to find out my old username and password as their old account requirements were crazy.  Nothing seems to have changed here, I feel like there is mass confusion over what is going on.

So I have an old FF14 account, what does that mean? Will I be in the beta? Will I be able to play the new version on release? How do I know my old account still works? I cannot find the old account page you used to login to. 

What do you have to do?

Comments

• BlackcatZeroBlackcatZero Member UncommonPosts: 58
    if they send you a beta link in Feb then your in. and yes they only let little info in but all old accounts should work but can't tell or will not know until the first beta release.
  • NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53

As far as I understand things, if you were subscribed to the game when when it closed, you gained Legacy status. Legacy status means you have a higher chance of being a beta tester.

Also, apparently old characters/accounts will still be playable when A Realm Reborn is released, and you will have a choice between playing your old character, or starting fresh.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. =P

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by tixylix

They don't like to give very clear cut information these Japanese, I remember having a FF11 account and went to return and the account had been disabled, though it took weeks of trying to find out my old username and password as their old account requirements were crazy.  Nothing seems to have changed here, I feel like there is mass confusion over what is going on.

So I have an old FF14 account, what does that mean? Will I be in the beta? Will I be able to play the new version on release? How do I know my old account still works? I cannot find the old account page you used to login to. 

What do you have to do?

If you bought FF14, you'll be given the new game for free, as well as a month or more of game time as a sort of apology for the shitty original, and to get lots of people to give the new game a shot who felt ripped off or whatever.

So, with that in mind, they'd have to have all the accounts. The Lodestone is still available, and you can still log in here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

No clue about beta, however.

• ChrillixChrillix Member Posts: 3

If you played for at least 3 months (paid) before the servers went down, then you would have been given "Legacy" status and you will automatically be in the Beta. If you did not, then you can currently apply for the Beta on their website.

Upon release you will be able to play with your old character, assuming you decide to pay the subscription fee. I'm not sure, but I think they may also be giving the first month free as a trial to the old players.

To find your account information go to http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html and scroll down. On the left side you will eventually see "Square Enix Account Information".

Hopefully that helps!

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

What do you have to do?

Hey, glad you're interested in Final Fantasy 14. Let me put together a quick guide for you to help you get up to speed.

1. If you are an old Final Fantasy XI player and you find your information is difficult to accquire, note that in 2010 they made an effort to simplify things and pull away from the old PlayOnline system. Their new system does work a lot better, you just need to make sure you can link information. They should still allow you to link old FFXI account information, but you need to a SquareEnix Account first. You can retrieve your information by having basic information such as last 4 didigts of the credit card used, the address you registered it to, characrer names, and various other things. Call support, they are very helpful and will get you through it.

2. Old Final Fantasy XIV players who Purchased the game or activated a Buddy Pass will get Final Fantasy XIV ARR for free. Furthermore, it will increase a players odds of getting into Beta Phase 3 just by having it registered on their SquareEnix Account. Do not worry if you never created a character or paid for a single month of subcription, you will still have priority over people who don't for Beta Phase 3.

Own the game but never registered it? Well sadly they disabled code registration until launch. They will honor old codes then, but for now you are unable to add any new FFXIV related codes to your SquareEnix Account.

3. If you paid as least 3 Months of Subscription to Final Fantasy XIV in 2012, you have Legacy Status. You can check your status to see if it's Legacy by logging in to your SquareEnix Account then choosing "Select Service". Choose Final Fantasy XIV. Legacy is idenified as a small black & red icon:

Legacy This means Legacy Status

If you do not see this icon, you do no have Legacy Status.

If you do see this icon, you do have Legacy Status. You will have a priority invite to Beta Phase 1.

Finally, any characters created on this account will transfer over with levels, equipment, and most of their money in-tact. Yet old characters are not allowed to transfer to new servers so they do not dominate the market in those realms and ruin the economy day-1. Old characters will retain their experience, items, jobs, and more during Beta Phase 4.

4. If you haven't done so, Sign Up for Beta. Even if you have Legacy. Many people who have Legacy have already signed up and played Alpha, so they'll be in Beta 1. You should sign up just in case.

5. Do some research on what's new in Final Fantasy XIV ARR. A lot of things have changed and it's a completely different game. Final Fantasy XIV Everything You Need to Know!

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Is there any estimation on what quarter the game will rerelease? Q2/Q3?
    Originally posted by Tolmos
    Is there any estimation on what quarter the game will rerelease? Q2/Q3?

According to the way the Road Map is going, I'd assume Late Summer / August would be the best bet for the Release of this title. Nothing confirmed just yet though.

• MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102

I really don't understand how anyone is confused with the re-release of FF14, SE has been super upfront with players about how development is going and what is going on internally...

- Legacy Accounts get in beta

Simple.

- If you have an old FF14 account it is still active...either click account management from old FF14 client or goto the website...

Simple

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account

Simple.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Yeh I played for about 4 hours and never touched it again, thought it was the worst MMO I've ever played. So I haven't touched it since 2010 but I'm hoping my account will still transfer to the RR so I can try it again when it comes out and hopefully salvage something out of the money I spent. I got more use out of the mug, though not much as it didn't like being washed in the Dish Washer and broke apart. 

If I can just login and download whenever it is released I'm happy, though I doubt SE will make it easy to download or get into lol. I remember when FF14 launched, I wouldn't of been able to pay if they didn't make it free because they had the weirdest payment system, it was Click and Buy or nothing but Click and Buy never worked lol.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Nyrrho

As far as I understand things, if you were subscribed to the game when when it closed, you gained Legacy status. Legacy status means you have a higher chance of being a beta tester.

Also, apparently old characters/accounts will still be playable when A Realm Reborn is released, and you will have a choice between playing your old character, or starting fresh.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. =P

Legacy Status:  3 Months of paid subscriber time; you could play at the end and still not have that accumulated if you started late

Beta:  You are guaranteed a spot in the first phase of beta and beyond if you were a Legacy member.  This was confirmed by Yoshi-P and Fern, though it may be split into waves for the first beta (presumably).

OP:   https://secure.finalfantasyxiv.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=ffxiv_comm&retu=http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/&retl=ffxiv_p&ret=https://secure.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/gw?ott=IQr2RfEEgdT72nSIjQaD-w

That should take you to the page to log in.  If you don't remember your login information, just click the forgot button at the bottom and you should have it in a matter of minutes.  It has been much improved since the old FFXI days.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

If I can just login and download whenever it is released I'm happy, though I doubt SE will make it easy to download or get into lol. I remember when FF14 launched, I wouldn't of been able to pay if they didn't make it free because they had the weirdest payment system, it was Click and Buy or nothing but Click and Buy never worked lol.

So far ARR has been pretty painless. I never used Click and Buy, I just entered my Credit Card directly into the system -- I didn't want to use any alterantive pay sources when SE had their own. Any DVDs that came with the original game are utterly worthless now though, you can throw them away. The new game will entirely be available via Digital Download. Also, they have a REAL patcher this time, not some stupid Torrent bull crap. So you can get an accurate progress bar without having to baby sit your client through half a dozen Download / Install / Download / Install screens.