Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The tell a noob how to start thread

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Just waiting for the beta clock to count-down...

Brand new to this game and looking for advice on what class to start playing just to get to know the game mechanics before I decide what to build.

So I guess I'm looking for high survivability... ideas?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Iselin

Just waiting for the beta clock to count-down...

Brand new to this game and looking for advice on what class to start playing just to get to know the game mechanics before I decide what to build.

I have not tried it and am also waiting. I hear one should avoid the duelist as the devs acknowledge it is not where they want it to be at the moment.

5 more minutes to go!

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

From the light tinkering around I did over the weekend I'd say marauder is the easiest.There's so many way's to do things with skill point's via the skill tree.

The ranger seem's decent also.These are the only 2 I tried out so far,but from what I read marauder look's like the easiest.

Have fun,it should be open in a few minute's :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Slappy1

From the light tinkering around I did over the weekend I'd say marauder is the easiest.There's so many way's to do things with skill point's via the skill tree.

The ranger seem's decent also.These are the only 2 I tried out so far,but from what I read marauder look's like the easiest.

Have fun,it should be open in a few minute's :)

Thanks... 2 minutes and counting :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Iselin

The Templar seems to have the most tanky type skill nodes immediately next to his starting point. I've played a Templar tank/aoe spells build up to about level 50 and found they are the easiest to keep alive. The aim was to shield charge into the middle of all the mobs and nova the hell out of them while taking the hits. It worked pretty good.

Might be worth a look.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    the highest survivablity, imho, would be templar.  However, that depends on how you define survivablitity.  At higher levels the Shadow has alot of evasion and can kite like noone else, except maybe ranger.  The Marauder is straight up tank, he mainly relies on blocking and extremely high health.