Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got confirmation they have not yet sold 2500 Ultimate Packs....

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Just recieved confirmation from Gazzillon that they have not yet sold 2500 Ultimate packs, which means that anyone that buys one will still get a BETA key. The exact quote is:

Thanks for contacting us regarding Marvel Heroes!

Access to the Closed Beta will be granted to the first 2,500 purchasers of the Ultimate Pack. Access will be granted within one week of purchase. Once we get close to the 2,500, we'll make sure to announce it.

Have an awesome day!

Best Regards,
Michael
Marvel Heroes Support

So this means that the "invoice number" is not reflective of how many packs they sold (perhpas how many "Founder" packs, but not Ultimate").  So, as an Ultimate pack purchaser, I am very excited and keen to get my BETA key! I have only purchased it 6 days ago.

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    They don't have 2500 Pay-to-Win participants yet?  Gee, I wonder why not?!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Not sold out yet!! OMG let me get my credit card out....hurry!!!!!!!!!!!
  • XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Well, this might be interesting.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Yay, so that means I'll still get my key.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by blix2006

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Is this the $200 pack? Selling a pre-order pack for $200 seems totally absurd to me.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    It would appear that this new attempt to raise the level of acceptable cash grab even further has finally brought us to the ceiling. Good news, but disturbing nonetheless that it took 200$ for a 60$ game for us to get there.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I am still looking forward to trying this game but its not somthing i would spend that much cash on lol.. i think most people feel the same way..
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    It would appear that this new attempt to raise the level of acceptable cash grab even further has finally brought us to the ceiling. Good news, but disturbing nonetheless that it took 200$ for a 60$ game for us to get there.

I don't know what is people's problem with this. Just don't pay it. Why would  it bother you that someone else did?

It is their product. Don't you think that they should be able to charge whatever they want?

It is a free world. You are free not to buy.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I don't know what is people's problem with this. Just don't pay it. Why would  it bother you that someone else did?

It is their product. Don't you think that they should be able to charge whatever they want?

Generally people have an issue with this kind of thing because if some out there actually pay this absurd amount of money for what equates to a $60 game then it gives the impression that its ok. 

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

Thankfully it seems most people have common sense since they have yet to sell 2500 ultimate packs. If they don't reach their goal we may even get lucky and it will snap them back to reality. 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Generally people have an issue with this kind of thing because if some out there actually pay this absurd amount of money for what equates to a $60 game then it gives the impression that its ok. 

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

Thankfully it seems most people have common sense since they have yet to sell 2500 ultimate packs. If they don't reach their goal we may even get lucky and it will snap them back to reality. 

Yeah, except Diablo 3 doesn't have 26 classes to play.

Originally posted by birdycephon

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

Neither does Marvel Heroes. Don't kid yourself, each character is going to be pigeon holed into a basic class. 

What you are reffering to is basically appearance choices which other games don't charge you extra for lol. 

An example of what I'm saying... 

The Thing and The Hulk are not different classes, they are going to be the same "Class" just slightly different looks and maybe moves. 

Maybe thats the confusion here, you believe its a good deal because you are getting 26 different classes to play rather than 26 different appearance choices. 

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

Neither does Marvel Heroes. Don't kid yourself, each character is going to be pigeon holed into a basic class. 

What you are reffering to is basically appearance choices which other games don't charge you extra for lol. 

The Thing and The Hulk are not different classes, they are going to be the same "Class" just slightly different looks and maybe moves. 

Maybe thats the confusion here, you believe its a good deal because you are getting 26 different classes to play rather than 26 different appearance choices. 

And you know this how? Have you actually played both? I didn't think so.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

He's most likely correct considering how these games usually turn out. The thing is though, you don't know either; however, he hasn't dropped 200 bucks on this already.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

We are both making assumptions on a game we haven't played, yet I'm wrong and you are right? Thats your stance? 

Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe they do have 26 unique classes, not likely, but not entirely impossible. I accept that possibility. Though you are asking a lot of me for me to assume that even though they didn't take the time to add WASD control, they skimped out on the MMO aspect and went the ARPG route instead, they skimped out on the graphics and from the looks of it combat (Though thats probably a given because of the point and click) yet, I'm expected to believe, with absolutely no reason to believe so, that they took the time to create 26 unique classes lol... 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

As for 5 percent mf that is absolutely nothing..if you were to do the actual math its dismal at best.

I'm confused why the value of 5% would require further mathematical contemplation? Could you give us an example of this "actual math" that explains to us how 5% could be less than 5%?

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by Talonsin

As for 5 percent mf that is absolutely nothing..if you were to do the actual math its dismal at best.

I'm confused why the value of 5% would require further mathematical contemplation? Could you give us an example of this "actual math" that explains to us how 5% could be less than 5%?

Let's say an item has a 1 in 1000 chance of dropping. With a 5% boost in mf, it now has a 1 in 950 chance of dropping. Still poor, but better none the less.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by ezpz77

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Is this the $200 pack? Selling a pre-order pack for $200 seems totally absurd to me.

5% mf? meh. some ppl love their marvel and are willing to spend the $200

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

This is probably spot on. all in all there are maybe 4 classes..just the skills are different.

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

Next ARPG - $400 lol... 

Actually D3 is free if you sell enough on the RMAH. It is actually more than free for me.

Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe they do have 26 unique classes, not likely, but not entirely impossible. I accept that possibility. Though you are asking a lot of me for me to assume that even though they didn't take the time to add WASD control, they skimped out on the MMO aspect and went the ARPG route instead, they skimped out on the graphics and from the looks of it combat (Though thats probably a given because of the point and click) yet, I'm expected to believe, with absolutely no reason to believe so, that they took the time to create 26 unique classes lol... 

Depends on what "class" means. Certainly they have 26 heroes and they have different abilities. The question really is if the abilities are different enough to be considered different classes.

Cyclop probably has a beam type main attack. Iron man probably has a beam type main attack. Are they going to play the same? Or very different? (For example, cyclop can be a "tanky" kind of char, and he stands and beam, but iron man has to rely on flying to open range and dodge) .. it really depends on the combat mechanics design.

It is hard to say now. I will reserve judgment until i play the game.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Diablo 3 - $60

Marvel Heroes - $200

I think you should compare with League of Legends.

How much to buy 16 champions and 32 skins in League of legends?

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I would NEVER invest $200 in a game I've never played.
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    I would NEVER invest $200 in a game I've never played.

You can play it for free, and then buy a pack with a hero you want if you cant wait to unlock it by playing.  Just like League of Legends

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

I would not be happy if I was a $200 customer. Games that make these cash grabs are FINALLY starting to piss off enough customers to not make their quarterly requirements.

I cant wait until game companies get bit hard enough to go back to actual FAIR price points for product.

Buy the game so you can FIND what it contains.

Dont buy the game so you can buy what it is supposed to contain.

I think I spend about 500$ on League of legends in the last 4 years.

It's about $3000 to own everything in League of Legends.

Marvel Heroes let you find costumes as drops, so you can unlock everything for free, unlike other games