Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extremely dissapointed with Beta Test gift event

NineFuriesNineFuries Member Posts: 33

I posted this on the official forums as well.  Who knows if it will get deleted.  So I show up to the gift ambassador and click on him AT 2030.  Nothing happens.  I click a few more times.  Nothing.  Then it says there are no more gifts.  LOL are you fking kidding me?

So you need to collect 5000 or more of them in the next week to be eligible for some new scripts.  Cool right?  Wrong.  The gifts can  be sold which means only the absolute richest people ( gold buyers) are gonna have those scripts.

This was a painful reminder of the moneygrabbing pay2win model here.  I really like this game which is why im taking the effort to make these posts because i never do this.  Consequently this is just total BS and I cant believe they would use a "gift" event" as a way to suck money out of the playerbase.  Im not going to drop cash on this game over 10$ or so a month just to stay competitive.

Im american gdamit and this blatant rip off just doesnt sit right with me.  Take that crap back to asia.

Comments

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

The boxes were staggered, so if you stayed there clicking you would get boxes eventually. Although there was a limit of 6 boxes per character.

I am in the same boat as you as someone who will pay the VIP fee and proibably not much else. I see this as a chance to make a supplemental income of silver by selling 60-100 bags a day to these people trying to buy thier way to the top of the rankings.

Pretty much 75% of their events listed directly or indirectly involve gold buying of some sort so not too surprised this was a P2W event. Then again this was a paid beta so I guess they didn't feel too bad doing an event of this nature.

I don't see this as a make or break for this game just yet so if someone is going to spend hundreds of real dollars to get the special skills or whatever the top prize was, more power to them. I'm going to try to turn this into a positive and get enough to buy skill books and gear.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Its a nice game, but i uninstall it right now.

The money grabbing and "pay me" requesters on a game that still could not get rid of "Hero" and  "Silkroad" feeling, are too mutch.

First, this game came by promising different then the usual asia grinder software, but when my son said to me "it looks like Metin" and when i saw the "grind me" mobs ...

So there should have been 10hrs free play first and then 1 hour every day.

Well, i think you cannot do mutch in one hour a day in a sandbox world.

My 10 hours have been done after 3 already ...

Actually i was under the impression, that a monthly fee would benefit me with everything out of the game.

What i read now, makes me think, is not the case ...

"Published by Gala Networks Europe Ltd.." <- these guys have already had a ugly and bad shape with Allods.

They only want you to pay, but for me, MMORPGs are something like a second life.

It needs trust to settle in a world and spend well worthfull lifetime, time of my real life.

I expect fair conditions because when i play a game serious, im gonna pay a monthly fee.

So, fagg this game.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

5000 gift bags isn't even pay 2 win in the traditional sense its more like impossible goal mortage your house to win. It would be close to $750 dollars to get that many bags. I just don't see anyone doing that since the skills you get are not even that good. They are available in the game and you could probably put together a set for less than 3D...or even less when the prices fall at release.

Not understand the 5000 number.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

if this looks like metin for You then its time to upgrade that jumk You call PC

grind? lol good joke

• ter234ter234 Member Posts: 11
    Unfortunatly almost anything in this game feels like its greared to make you pay to enjoy the game. There are probably way worse games that are f2p but under all this p2w crap there is realy good game here overshadowed by the greed of the publisher.
  • tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

I really hope gpotato will handle stuff like this better with Wulin.

Maybe snail games are testing the waters for what is accepted among the US customers.

I like rare items that not everyone can get, but not because of the size of the wallet.

• ter234ter234 Member Posts: 11

Maybe but it will ultimatly fail rly hard if they handle this like they do in china, i mean the game has a optional sub, a cash shop (which only sells temporary stuff...) and u can spend rl  money to convert to ingame money to buy anything in this game including skills and lvl ups , not to speak from ingame mechanics like hunger and the repairs which all need unbound silver without it you starve to death and your gear breaks.

I dont see how any gamecompany could make a game even more geared to getting you to pay more. I mean you even have to pay to parcipate more then an hour every day in the beta...

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Snail is on really thin ice here. I think the current model is acceptable and not more ptw than EVE for example, but they need to be very careful or it will hurt the game.
  • park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

5000 gift bags isn't even pay 2 win in the traditional sense its more like impossible goal mortage your house to win. It would be close to $750 dollars to get that many bags. I just don't see anyone doing that since the skills you get are not even that good. They are available in the game and you could probably put together a set for less than 3D...or even less when the prices fall at release.

Not understand the 5000 number.

Excactly the skills are not that good, it's just an optional to have it. I don't see why anyone wanted to pay large amount of $ to buy those skills. So far I haven't seen many P2W elements in this game.

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104
    The game is fun, but the business model Snail is using made me uninstall. I will check back on th egame later.

On the plus side they are giving out lots of ingame stuff for free unrelated to the bags

Got this posh looking tzar outfit

Is purple even in the cash shop?

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

So a snail representative posts:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3599&start=10

Hello Folks!

If you notice, these event NPCs have been in the game since the light dawned in the Jianghu. This event period is the first of many to come. The event bags, are considered trade stimulus items, an added incentive to spend a couple minutes during the event period to receive your daily maximum. Trade them or store them as you see fit. 

The unique rewards given through this event mechanic would not be unique if this event was able to be completed by everyone. These event bag items, would have no value, and you would not feel compelled to participate at all. 

Please understand the basic premise of this event, casual participation by players will reward them with trade value items. Those of you calculating the possibility of completing the event in one event time period, fail to realize this event is not meant to be completed in one event time period. 

As many forum users have suggested, for one person to attempt to buy, multi-account, or otherwise hardcore their way to victory in this first event period. Kudos to them for their efforts. But please consider that this event is not designed for everyone to be a winner. However you are more than free to participate daily and gain some reward for your efforts.

This is better than I thought though. It makes a bit more sense than having to collect all for this event.

Still though, you can make a lot of alts or buy them with dollars.

That is how most people in my school and guild mates seemed to be looking at the bags, free liang from Snail. Not "most buy shit from snail".

Events that you can not complete in one go are often used in MMO's Lotro has them, WoW has them in the achievements and holday events. I think they just need to explain these things a bit better to avoid mass confusion. For instance the wishing knot prayer event rewards. I prayed all the time and got 15 of these things, you need 600 to get a prize. Well these were bound so you couldn't even find them for sale, unlike the bags this time around. So the 600 goal seemed impossible to me, but if I look at it as an event that rolls around every now and again it just becomes a longer term goal.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

@GrayKodiak in future CS fashions will have 3 or 4 versions, there will be also 40 "design" sets (perma) which You can mix and make look You want without using $$

well You can get these styles in game from instances and gossip

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Snail games is the worst company ever created. I read it in the guiness book of records. So its factual.

Not that we understand that. Stop playing this game. It's a dead end game. There is nothing to do but press buttons. :P

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Endgame? WoW is that way ---->

Think you'll need to push some buttons there as well though...
  • park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Snail games is the worst company ever created. I read it in the guiness book of records. So its factual.

Not that we understand that. Stop playing this game. It's a dead end game. There is nothing to do but press buttons. :P

Troll.

• KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by ter234
    Unfortunatly almost anything in this game feels like its greared to make you pay to enjoy the game. There are probably way worse games that are f2p but under all this p2w crap there is realy good game here overshadowed by the greed of the publisher.

I think they are still sorting out the business model they are going to use.  They can't just give the game away - nothing is really free.  

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by NineFuries

I posted this on the official forums as well.  Who knows if it will get deleted.  So I show up to the gift ambassador and click on him AT 2030.  Nothing happens.  I click a few more times.  Nothing.  Then it says there are no more gifts.  LOL are you fking kidding me?

So you need to collect 5000 or more of them in the next week to be eligible for some new scripts.  Cool right?  Wrong.  The gifts can  be sold which means only the absolute richest people ( gold buyers) are gonna have those scripts.

This was a painful reminder of the moneygrabbing pay2win model here.  I really like this game which is why im taking the effort to make these posts because i never do this.  Consequently this is just total BS and I cant believe they would use a "gift" event" as a way to suck money out of the playerbase.  Im not going to drop cash on this game over 10$ or so a month just to stay competitive.

Im american gdamit and this blatant rip off just doesnt sit right with me.  Take that crap back to asia.

For everyone one of you there is 5 people who will pay. Just saying.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

They are not sorting anything out.  They know what they are doing.  This is not a new game, it's been an extremely popular game in China for a while.  China is all about $$$, don't let the phony baloney Communism thing fool you.  That is only there to curtail the mass population from doing somthing radical.  The truth is that they will go to any lengths to acquire anything they deem profitable.  They are the most Ferengi like of Eart'hs sub-species.

Someone already spent thousands of dollars to acquire in game item appearances.  You think they did not notice this?  That told them there is a market for the ole lockbox mentality, and you better believe there are people willing to pay.

I really don't think Snail Game wants a subscription model.  They think they can make a totally free game, yet put in experience and cultivator/skill escalators and people will pay MORE than what you pay for a subscription game....and it looks like they may be right.

The game has to be good and worth playing for that to happen, and I am not so sure it is.  AOW is a decent game, but it might not have the staying power in the west that it does in the east.

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Snail is on really thin ice here. I think the current model is acceptable and not more ptw than EVE for example, but they need to be very careful or it will hurt the game.

I think its much worse than EVE.

PLEX system doesnt create any money. It just gives you something (that disapear when used, and does not affect the game world) that you can trade. 

AoW just create silver out of thin air.

The difference between eve and aow is that eve has been carefully attempting to preserve their economy. In AoW, their system will slowly cause over-inflation of everything, and eventually, force player to buy even more gold in order to trade in this broken economy.  Good more, snails.

Originally posted by Silverchild
    Originally posted by Biskop

I think its much worse than EVE.

PLEX system doesnt create any money. It just gives you something (that disapear when used, and does not affect the game world) that you can trade. 

AoW just create silver out of thin air.

The difference between eve and aow is that eve has been carefully attempting to preserve their economy. In AoW, their system will slowly cause over-inflation of everything, and eventually, force player to buy even more gold in order to trade in this broken economy.  Good more, snails.

Eve creates money out of thin air in the many many missions that give ISK, so there is another element in that game as well. AoW creates money out of thin air in that it literally hands you 20-50 liang a day for offline work. Eve does not hand you ISK for free but neither can you just go do instances for liang in Wushu.

They are different systems.