Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Am I the only one who thought the elf in the Ad was male?

Comments

• MetanolMetanol TamperePosts: 247Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

Not a major fan of TES are we? High elves have always been pretty identical gender wise, thank god for boobs :P

Were they TES elves, they would have "golden" skin and almost alien facial features. Now they are Warhammer elves, with roughish facial features. As in, high cheekbones and all that.

http://www.skyrimwiki.com/images/thumb/2/26/High_Elf_Compilation.jpg/550px-High_Elf_Compilation.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120612140148/elderscrolls/images/f/f9/Morrowind_HighElf.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111109015934/elderscrolls/images/9/9e/Altmer_Concept.jpg

Aesthetically, I of course prefer the "new" look. They are easier on the eyes and far more attractive, but they are no longer the fugly TES elves. I know I'm preaching here, but in favour of appealing to a wider audience, they decided to change their elves completely. Oh boy, what are they going to do with orcs and the rest?

We?re all dead, just say it.

• imaginaimagina AmpsinPosts: 104Member
    She's a girl but i'm fine with ugly characters, you can't have top sexy lolis and top models running all around you in every game, this would be nonsense.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    It is a M-gelf (Manly girl elf) ;)

• 3nimac3nimac jklmPosts: 63Member
    I am shocked that someone would think that it's a male, there isn't a hint of androgyny in that face, even by elf standards. That's a human face with pointy ears...
  • kitaradkitarad RomePosts: 1,742Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura
    Looks like a girl to me and has boobs too.

Not every person that you see with boobs is a girl ;)  A very good thing to remember when traveling in Thailand lol

That reminds me of the scene in the fountain between Colin Firth and Hugh Grant  in the Bridget Jones Edge of Reason.

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

Originally posted by DMKano
    It's a girl elf... 

I really thought we would get a poll for this one..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

Well that elf looks good considering how elves look in skyrim.  Meanwhile I will play a kahjeek to get the abilitiy to see in the dark. 

• Ambros123Ambros123 Neverneverland, TNPosts: 877Member

I didn't, very easy and blatent that it's a female.

I think that this is the best realistic potrayal of an elf.  She has that look of assurance to the point of arrogance that elves are known for, at least high elves.  Potraying elves as sex objects is retarded and is for those that need to get out of their basement and who think it's perfectly feasable for women armor to be something you expect in Victoria's Secrets medival lingerie edition.

I love how they did the Elf, had been racist against Elves because sick of the sexual protrayal but really like how they did them in the trailer and might actually roll an High Elf.

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,641Member Uncommon

To be fair though I think it's more to do with how boy elves look so girly then her looking overly masculine...

What can I say? That's elves for you... the ladyboys of fantsy.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon

looks female to me.

She's just not a glamour model for the boys.

• RazperilRazperil Lewiston, MEPosts: 289Member
    I guess you must have not noticed the breasts? Whatever toots your horn, I guess.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

Originally posted by Sovrath
    looks female to me.She's just not a glamour model for the boys.

All I could see in the ad was a face and it looked like a male face to me. I don't see the ad now, so I can't say why in particular, but for some reason the eyebrows stand out in my memory.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Doesn't matter when it's Arct... an elf.
  • IstavaanIstavaan CorkPosts: 1,350Member
    I don't know how you could have mistaken that elf for a male. However the dark elves looked eerily alien which is awesome. High elves are the master race!!!
  • 3-4thElf3-4thElf Elftown, MEPosts: 489Member

A post where someone is talking about females not being hypersexed?

What a change of pace.

Well my complaint will seem pretty standard. She looks like an elf, but not an Elder Scrolls elf. More evidence that this game doesn't need to be made.

a yo ho ho

• IstavaanIstavaan CorkPosts: 1,350Member
    Originally posted by 3-4thElf

What a change of pace.

Well my complaint will seem pretty standard. She looks like an elf, but not an Elder Scrolls elf. More evidence that this game doesn't need to be made.

Give it a rest!!!

• DaxamarDaxamar Green Cove Springs, FLPosts: 554Member

I saw a female Elf, but thats me.

Im glad shes not in booby armor! This is what real armor should look like. Well, real for a MMORPG. :)

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Looks female to me, and I would.
  • HeafstaggHeafstagg Edmonton, ABPosts: 170Member Uncommon
    Looks female to me right away for sure. I wouldn't label her as attractive per se personally. Not that I really care too much though.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Elftown, MEPosts: 489Member
    Originally posted by Istavaan

What a change of pace.

Give it a rest!!!

Hey they had a choice to make an Elder Scrolls MMO. They chose to make a crap Hero Engine WoW clone.

a yo ho ho

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Lol hero engine, so misinformed.
  • VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,641Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Istavaan

What a change of pace.

Give it a rest!!!

Hey they had a choice to make an Elder Scrolls MMO. They chose to make a crap Hero Engine WoW clone.

They used Hero for early development while they built their own, nothing more.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    I've always thought elves were supposed to be a bit androgynous anyway, although they usually lean towards the feminine side of things.

You make me like charity

• LokeroLokero Posts: 374Member Uncommon

Pretty much the entire face was designed with feminine features, other than the masculine jaw.  But, alot of women have a random masculine feature on their face, IRL.

I'm actually surprised that there are so many people who couldn't tell that was a female.  Haven't you guys ever seen normal women before?

I do agree with a previous poster though, in that, she looks too human.  It looks like they just modeled a human woman and slapped some pointy ears on it.  

Maybe they were trying to make her look battle-hardened and rugged, and they didn't want to make her look too dainty like a stereotypical elf, though.  In which case, they did a pretty good job making her look like a badass combatant.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Cedar Springs, MIPosts: 756Member Uncommon

If I look at just her Eyes and her Face... oh yes, she is a definately a Woman. A smoking hot Woman to me anyways...

.. then there's those ears.... end of fantasy.

As a fan of Elder Scrolls, and considering that she is portraiting a female Elf of the Elder Scrolls... I say ...

Kill it. Only good Elf is a dead Elf.

If Zenimax and Bethesda thought they would entice me to play TESO by showing me a hot Elf Female they failed. Should have shown me a hot Breton or even a Argonian Female, now we're talking....