Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] EverQuest II: Wayback Wednesday - All Chained Up

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In this week's Wayback Wednesday, Rob is joined by EverQuest II Producer Holly Longdale and Designer Akil Hooper for a terrific tour of the latest expansion, Chains of Eternity. The discussion centers around the release of Chains and the lore introduced into the game. Check it out!

Without a doubt my favorite part of the tour was Wurmbone’s End and Wurmbone’s Crag. The level of detail in this area surpassed anything else I noticed in game. The background ratmen running the roofs of the gulch and jumping from point to point doing their best parkour added that special touch to keeps players going back to zones again and again. Also, how cool are giant ratmen that get stronger at night and survive by hunting and eating the marrow out of dragon bones? Everything from the bones acting as support structures for the caves to the twin snakemen holding a giant crystal (38:40) worked together to make this one of my favorite zones in EQ2. 

Read (and watch!) more of Rob Lashley's EverQuest II: Wayback Wednesday - All Chained Up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    meh bring on eq3 !
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Its coming... a decade or so.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

I used to love EQ2. I'd probably astill be playing if they hadn't dumbed the game down by removing all the stats but power and health. Stupid move IMO but they wanted the easy casual crowd not their lovayl base that had been playing (and paying) pretty much continuously since release so I move on. SOE doesn't listen to their customers they only listen to the suites in marketing 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Bit of a lie calling it a quick release. They release an expansion around November every year. They fell a bit behind with Velius though and got back on track with Chains.

Every year they waited until Fan Faire or SOE Live as it is now called, to announce solid details about the expansions, this is nothing new. Partly because they wanted to get people to go to these events, and partly because they wanted to know what they would have completed by that stage and can advertise.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by winter

I used to love EQ2. I'd probably astill be playing if they hadn't dumbed the game down by removing all the stats but power and health. Stupid move IMO but they wanted the easy casual crowd not their lovayl base that had been playing (and paying) pretty much continuously since release so I move on. SOE doesn't listen to their customers they only listen to the suites in marketing 

Uhh they didnt? For stats you have:

• Primary stat (strength, intelligence, wisdom or dexterity - increases damage and mana pool)
    • Stamina (increases health)
    • Crit chance
    • Crit modifier
    • Attack speed
    • DPS
    • Multi attack
    • AE attack
    • Flurry
    • Spell double attack chance
    • Spell weapon multi attack
    • Spell weapon AE
    • Spell weapon attack speed
    • Spell weapon DPS
    • Cast speed
    • Reuse speed
    • Potency
    • Block chance
    • Parry chance
    • Riposte chance
    • Hate gain
    • Mitigation
    Not sure where you got the idea that they dumbed down stats, there are more stats than ever, and much more confusing than early EQ2 days. The difference is that hybrid classes like Crusaders and Bards who relied on strength and intelligence, no longer get shafted on primary stat allocations.

The game is definitely dumbed down since TSO, but stats is certainly not part of it.