Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye community

Comments

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I havent been posting on the MMORPG.com website regularly for quite some time now.  Seeing all the negativisme about GW2 on these boards made me think a lot. I am still enjoying the game very much. But since the same people that attackked all the other MMo´s released in recent years tried to make me beleive that GW2 was a really bad game (which it isnt)  i realised that the majorrity of posters on this board is negative beyound reason. 

Everyone enjoy whatever game you are playing, and i will spend my time online in a more friendly envoronment with people that still enjoy MMO´s.  

I just tought i had to share this on these boards making a statement that most MMO´s including GW2 are much better games then the majorrity of people try to make you beleive on these boards.

I am done...

Wow, and not in the name of a MMO, wow, just wow.

You have been a poster I have looked to for resonable posts.

Now...you have decided to "Take your ball and go home". This is sad to me. Sad because it is a childish responce. Ironicly, or not I'm no wordsmith, I would have respected this stance except for this post. As a Libertarian I totaly support one's right to "go away". I do not however support stomping ones feet and throwing a tantrum.

It is great that you like/love/whatever GW2. It is great that others do not. Lucky for you they are vocal about their distaste. Lucky, because you therefore know not to spend a bunch of time with them, trying to cultivate a realtionship.

What gives me a bad taste is, again, the tantrum post. This is I assume the "/rageqiut".

From my perspective all this action does is cast an ugly shadow on your prior posts, and indicate you are a GW2 Fanboi.

/rant off

going to miss the old unbiased Lord.Bachus, meh just a forum. *shrugs shoulders*

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    I know what you mean I play SWtOR , in my opinion you should  just remember the names of the people and just do not read their posts. That way you can avoid most of the posts and I do that with a few names of the posters in SWtOR you guys know who they are I am sure . But leaving is not the right way you need to stick up for the games you support. If you do not then more disinformation just abound. People then end up not trying a game. So make sure you do dispel the misapprehensions and the only way to do that is to remain and keep posting.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ChipSet91ChipSet91 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by FuryV

I am done...

We REALLY don't care.  I mean that from the bottom of my heart... We genuinely couldn't care less.

Goodbye.

And yet, you took the time to write a reply.....

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Phry

Everyone has their own opinion, might differ from your own but that happens wherever you go, there will always be people who don't have the same opinion of things that you do. While i don't think GW2 is a bad game exactly, i just dont consider it to be that good of a game either, but only because it doesnt support the type of gameplay that i enjoy, likewise, im pretty sure that i play a game or two that you would feel are not worth your time, not everyone enjoys Eve after all image

This type of poster is what needs to be encouraged. I for one love GW2. I play it casually along with other MMOs, but at least this post explains his thoughts and respects the differing thoughts of others. If there was more talk and discussion like this then I don't think the OP and others here would feel the same way. 

I expect others to dissagree with me. I have always had different ideas and approach from the "normal" crowds, but I can appreciate other peoples point of view when worded in a conciderate and mature way. What needs to happen is we need more people like the OP and this one to stay and stand their ground to drown out the small few of nay sayers.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

If you visit mmorpg.com every day you see posts from not just forum members, even the employees of mmo write texts what anet made wrong and what they said, and what they need to change for a positive perception.

And they do this EVEN the game got a really high rating. Many members don't even bash the game they maybe do some critics or try to open another view on some points of the game.

Just many fans can't work with critics and see everything as a bashing on a game.

Just chill and play it if you like, noone need statements about bad communities...

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by cheyane
    disinformation

I see that word used a lot by guild wars 2 supporters, Most of the time its not accurate to describe the argument in question.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Rayshe

I find it funny how all the minor posters are pulling the "you didnt have to tell us" and "why the hell are you telling us" posts. While all the major posters know who he is and is actually being quite nice to him about it.

Who exactly is a minor poster and a major poster? Because this right here ^^^ comes off as very arrogant.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434

Honestly these boards are good for current news if you can cipher the facts from all the opinions.  Alot of the writers here really put their heart and soul into what they are doing.

That being said, i always encourage players to find a good gaming organization site (in addition to this site) to join that has a community atmosphere suited to their individual tastes as far as forums go.  It makes it alot easier to get honest feedback (good and bad) in the style that you prefer.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Morden
    I agree with OP. Welcome to the generation of the entitled. We are living in the best gaming time. So many great games to choose from. Hell I play Eve, GW2, PS2 and love it. All fantastic games.

You obviously have no idea what the "entitlement generation" is all about because if you did you would know that the OP is a member of them!  You see, they have had their hands held their entire lives and can not handle criticism at all, hence the I can't handle the community being negative so I'm leaving crybaby thread we have here.  

The truth is the OP can't handle criticism about his beloved game.  Ok, no problem.  He doesn't want to visit this site, no problem there either.  It's not like the Taliban is holding a gun to his precious head demanding he post here nd only here.  This goes for everyone, if you don't like something, fine, cool.  Move your ass along and find something you do enjoy.

The OPs departure will have no impact here.  He many think he's that important but in all reality, he's only feeding an already over inflated ego.  

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by NaughtyP

I find it funny how all the minor posters are pulling the "you didnt have to tell us" and "why the hell are you telling us" posts. While all the major posters know who he is and is actually being quite nice to him about it.

Who exactly is a minor poster and a major poster? Because this right here ^^^ comes off as very arrogant.

Bacchus is well known on the boards. He's a decent guy who always had good posts, no matter if everyone agrees with him or not. Personally I'll miss his posts. The fact that his "goodbye" thread has 7 pages so far (and it's gonna have more) makes him a "major poster".

Originally posted by simmihi
    Originally posted by NaughtyP Originally posted by Rayshe I find it funny how all the minor posters are pulling the "you didnt have to tell us" and "why the hell are you telling us" posts. While all the major posters know who he is and is actually being quite nice to him about it.
    Bacchus is well known on the boards. He's a decent guy who always had good posts, no matter if everyone agrees with him or not. Personally I'll miss his posts. The fact that his "goodbye" thread has 7 pages so far (and it's gonna have more) makes him a "major poster".

ever read any of mmoMavriks posts?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Vesavius

He will be back.

They always come back.

I miss MMO.Maverick. He never came back after the release of SWTOR.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Latronus
    Originally posted by Morden
    I agree with OP. Welcome to the generation of the entitled. We are living in the best gaming time. So many great games to choose from. Hell I play Eve, GW2, PS2 and love it. All fantastic games.

You obviously have no idea what the "entitlement generation" is all about because if you did you would know that the OP is a member of them!  You see, they have had their hands held their entire lives and can not handle criticism at all, hence the I can't handle the community being negative so I'm leaving crybaby thread we have here.  

The truth is the OP can't handle criticism about his beloved game.  Ok, no problem.  He doesn't want to visit this site, no problem there either.  It's not like the Taliban is holding a gun to his precious head demanding he post here nd only here.  This goes for everyone, if you don't like something, fine, cool.  Move your ass along and find something you do enjoy.

The OPs departure will have no impact here.  He many think he's that important but in all reality, he's only feeding an already over inflated ego.  

Another example of the flaming comments that are not needed in forums.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I havent been posting on the MMORPG.com website regularly for quite some time now.  Seeing all the negativisme about GW2 on these boards made me think a lot. I am still enjoying the game very much. But since the same people that attackked all the other MMo´s released in recent years tried to make me beleive that GW2 was a really bad game (which it isnt)  i realised that the majorrity of posters on this board is negative beyound reason. 

Everyone enjoy whatever game you are playing, and i will spend my time online in a more friendly envoronment with people that still enjoy MMO´s.  

I just tought i had to share this on these boards making a statement that most MMO´s including GW2 are much better games then the majorrity of people try to make you beleive on these boards.

I am done...

Lightweight! Why give up as easily as these trolls that give up on the genre? Oh well I'll carry on the good fight. It's not this will be the first time I experience a new rotation of forum warriors here...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

Making yourself feel "special"?  See yourself as being "major"?  Looking down on the peons are you?  Sorry, I didn't realize that you and the OP were special.  Well maybe you are, in your own minds.  

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    Originally posted by Vesavius He will be back. They always come back.

I miss MMO.Maverick. He never came back after the release of SWTOR.

And how relevant is he now? most people i would imagine have long forgotten him.
    I really liked his real world interpretations of mmo world sizes.

Case in point, Op will soon be long forgotten.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    OP i wouldn't worry about it for much longer the hate train will be moving on to the elder scrolls online junction..it's has already started.
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Rayshe I find it funny how all the minor posters are pulling the "you didnt have to tell us" and "why the hell are you telling us" posts. While all the major posters know who he is and is actually being quite nice to him about it.

ever read any of mmoMavriks posts?

Yes, he is awesome. Loved his posts, very elaborated and well thought, no matter the subject. I remember he actually made me change my mind about TERA some time ago :)

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

I agree with the OP. This site is toxic to MMOs.

I rarely post, but I do enjoy the hate trains. I play a game and make up my own mind if I like it or not.

Like I said, I love the trolling and hate trains on this site. Only reason I come here at all. :)

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

no...he has 8 pages because we are all awake waiting for Path of Exile open beta.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Grow a thicker skin man or you're going to have major issues throughout your life.

You grow a thicker skin when someone is attacking you directly.  When it's a game you are playing and enjoying and all you can find is negativity in any post on these forums about GW2, you simply have the option to go somewhere else for like minded people.  Why put up with all of the BS on these boards about GW2 if you don't have too or want too?  It has nothing to do with thick skin.  If you associate Real Life with MMORPG.COM forum boards, then I'm afraid you are the one who might have major issues throughout your life.

I, as many others do, agree with the OP.  I took a break from these boards for a while becuase it was always the same shit.  I came back and started to do some posting again recently becuase this site is a train wreck I can't turn away from.  My tolerance level is slowly filling up again so eventually I will have to take a break from this site again eventually.  Until then,  I will continue to call people out on some the silly shit they post.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I find this site a good counter to how every video game forum is so over moderated I can never read about any actual problems the game might have.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by steamtank
    I find this site a good counter to how every video game forum is so over moderated I can never read about any actual problems the game might have.

Too bad people don't actually post real problems, only imaginary ones....

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Happy trails Bachus.  Probably for the best. 

Personally I might have disagreed with you, and said to take the good with the bad, but after reading some of the most abosolutely obnoxious replys in this very thread, now I can't say I blame you.  Wow. 

The fact of the matter is I can respect those that don't like GW2.  I like it a lot.  But if you don't thats fine.  However this deep need some of the posters here seem to have to have everyone else agree with them that the game sucks is getting just a little old.  Guild Wars 2 is being played and enjoyed by a lot of people.  No they're not stupid people.  No they're not wrong people.  No they don't even have bad taste.  But some folks here seriously can't seem to cope with the thought of that. 

They're desperate for their dislike to be acknowledged as much as possible, because it bothers them people are actually enjoying GW2.  Obviously terrified that they are somehow "not getting it" or missing out on something.   Something must be wrong with the people who like it.  Yea that's it.  Gotta be. 

No.  Wrong.  People just like different things.  Get over the ego. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Corehaven

People just like different things.

Sanity?  On mmorpg.com?  *grin*

Kudos.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
This discussion has been closed.