Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ok about this PvP zone thing going on in TESO...

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I remember a while back the news was that the pvp was in a single large PvP zone with 3 faction battles and large scale PvP.

Well now I am hearing something about a 100 vs 100 battle. is this still the same PvP zone, or a instanced PvP game that has this 100 vs 100?

also does PvP still scale players up to max level like GW2 does?

Whats some other new news about PvP you would like to share?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i might not be up to date fully myself but last video i seen it was similiar to guild wars 2 style of level cap from I think 10 and they scale you to level 50. Numbers keep changing about how many players it will hold and I expect it to change more as they see what their servers can handle without crashing the zone. Its supposed to be much larger than the guild wars 2 world vs world maps though so i think it will be more than 100 vs 100 vs 100 personally but I do remember them saying something about right now being a cap of that for now. Its persistant as far as info goes but with the emperor feature Im sure it will have some sort of reset timer so its got to be a instanced persistant battleground kinda like warhammer did their tier 4 skirmish to take over the city.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I remember a while back the news was that the pvp was in a single large PvP zone with 3 faction battles and large scale PvP.

Well now I am hearing something about a 100 vs 100 battle. is this still the same PvP zone, or a instanced PvP game that has this 100 vs 100?

they were saying 200 player battles last year. it's looking to have  cap of 200 or 300 maybe. also, you get upscaled just like in GW2's WvW.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

they were saying 200 player battles last year. it's looking to have  cap of 200 or 300 maybe. also, you get upscaled just like in GW2's WvW.

well wouldnt that make it smaller than GW2's WvW?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

uh well it could always increase. remember GW2's cap was lower in beta.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Its the same area... Cyrodil. Not sure if there will be battlegrounds though. They have also hinted at a PvP dungeon ( even the new trailer hints at one at the end of it ) like darkness falls from DAoC.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by SlyLoK
    Its the same area... Cyrodil. Not sure if there will be battlegrounds though. They have also hinted at a PvP dungeon ( even the new trailer hints at one at the end of it ) like darkness falls from DAoC.

I am curious about the pvp dungeon myself.  As far as the pvp zone goes, with the game being on one "megaserver" I am thinking that the pvp zone will likely have numerous instances to support the population.  I have not read anything about the cap at this time.  I just hope that there will be reasons to hold the territory, rather than play swap with your enemies.  This has plagued games like War and GW2.  I fail to understand how DAoC, Darkfall, and Shadowbane got it right by encouraging players to hold land and yet more recent games have given players very little incentive to hold.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Slylok
    No wow style instanced battlegrounds or arena. All pvp is outdoors.

Vmoped
    They haven't mentioned the unlocking of a DF style dungeon. The ultimate goal of ava is crowning an emperor not entering a dungeon.

They have said the zone will be familiar from.oblivion, with the various towns, ayelid & goblin dungeons, bandit caves, vampire lairs etc..
  • deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    They have said you can have 200 players on screen at the same time in pvp, that doesnt meen the entire map will be capped at 200 tho
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by deakon
    They have said you can have 200 players on screen at the same time in pvp, that doesnt meen the entire map will be capped at 200 tho

OMG FIX THE CULLING IN TESO!

It's just the way gw2 does it - badly. Seems to knock out random players.

Done right - like ps2 or daoc - where they knock out those most furthest away, culling is fine.
  • ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427
    100 vs 100 Is 200 vs 200 + in screen at ones. Its the same system as daoc(The buble system) anything insight the buble around is visuble for you, and you unlock on the move. There are romm for the max on the server in the AvsA area if they like to but you only see up to 200 vs 200 + at ones.
  • Originally posted by Rthuth434

Not exactly. It's more like WAR. You get your health buffed but you don't get any abilities and skills you didn't have before. As I understand it you're a basic max level character in GW2 when you enter WvW.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    200 on screen at one time not 200 in the zone. cyrodill is going to be the size of oblivion so there will be skirmishes of various sizes all over the map.
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

Not exactly. It's more like WAR. You get your health buffed but you don't get any abilities and skills you didn't have before. As I understand it you're a basic max level character in GW2 when you enter WvW.

identical to GW2. you're not going to have the stats of a llvl 1 in it, any game that bolsters you will bolster you to the baseline of the lvl you're bolstered to. no point in giving you the halth bar of a lvl 50 when you have the armor of a lvl 1....players at 50 will still one shot you. it's going to work the same, boost you to base stats of the max level. no new skills, talents, etc. though.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    200 on screen at one time not 200 in the zone. cyrodill is going to be the size of oblivion so there will be skirmishes of various sizes all over the map.

Do we know this for certain???

Will it take the same amount of time to cross from one side to the other (which took quite awhile, even if you were mounted)?

If so, that could be really awesome.

Yes they have said this. It will also include some of the towns from oblivion and various open dungeons that you will recognise.
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It's just the way gw2 does it - badly. Seems to knock out random players.

Done right - like ps2 or daoc - where they knock out those most furthest away, culling is fine.

Unless you want to snipe