Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye community

Comments

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

It's never cool to see an active forum member leave under these circumstances.   However, these forums would be quite boring if we all agreed that everyone's favorite game was great.  

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I agree with the OP, but in the opposite direction.

All of the evolutionary and revolutionary talk about GW2 actually had me buying into the hype only to be disappointed, this community let me down.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by FuryV
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    Originally posted by FuryV
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    And where are you going? To a forum that doesn't allow criticism? 

He is going to play the game that he and million others enjoy, while you spend yuor time here hating every GW2 thread.

So why the hell does he feel the need to announce it to everybody?  Like we're sitting on the edge of our seat waiting for the big announcement to come.  OH NO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE, STAY WITH US!!!

Just stfu & go.

He is very good poster and member of this forum much longer than you, he is here to express his opinion, like you.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

English aint my native language, so you can complain all you want....

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by leojreimroc
    I feel the same way OP.  I've mostly stopped participating on these forums.  Too much negativity for every game.  Not enough intelligent conversation.

Show me a forum about GW2 that has intelligent conversation and no "haters".

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/index

There ya go. Haters are just that, haters - they do not want to have an intelligent conversation as all they want to do is hate. Hate is an irrational emotion, therefore there is no talking to people like that.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by leojreimroc
    I feel the same way OP.  I've mostly stopped participating on these forums.  Too much negativity for every game.  Not enough intelligent conversation.

Show me a forum about GW2 that has intelligent conversation and no "haters".

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I agree with the OP, but in the opposite direction.

All of the evolutionary and revolutionary talk about GW2 actually had me buying into the hype only to be disappointed, this community let me down.

Luckily I played one beta weekend and saw a game for what it is. Hype-train was unbelieavable for such an average game on all counts.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I havent been posting on the MMORPG.com website regularly for quite some time now.  Seeing all the negativisme about GW2 on these boards made me think a lot. I am still enjoying the game very much. But since the same people that attackked all the other MMo´s released in recent years tried to make me beleive that GW2 was a really bad game (which it isnt)  i realised that the majorrity of posters on this board is negative beyound reason. 

Everyone enjoy whatever game you are playing, and i will spend my time online in a more friendly envoronment with people that still enjoy MMO´s.  

I just tought i had to share this on these boards making a statement that most MMO´s including GW2 are much better games then the majorrity of people try to make you beleive on these boards.

I am done...

Well this sucks. 

Bachus was one of the posters who I enjoyed reading for the past couple of years.  I wish you would stick around and contribute in other places.

However, I cant blame you.  This sub forum has become the hangout for all those people who have failed to successfully navigate puberty.  People who have become emotionally commited to hating on a game.  Spending great amount of time and effort to spread false information or inflammatory remarks.  Back in 2010, this forum was one of the best.

You arent the only one though Bachus.  Some of the best posters no longer post here or visit infrequently.  We no longer hear from Creslin, Meowhead, Fiontar, Badspock, Distopia, Unlight.....I am sure I am missing a few.  You get the point though.

Dont leave, just dont contribute to the GW2 sub forum.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Filling a forum with negative stuff is a known strategy.

After that one can say - "look the forums are filled with negative threads and posts", "I googled and got these manyresults".

Of course if one looks closely all of those threads and results are made by a handfull of people and many in those same threads will be countering it.

The way to do it is to not get emotional about it.

Just go go and post facts/your opinion and do net get involved in semantic games and whatnot.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I haven't found criticism of GW2 to be that significant.

If there's any sort of agreement on perspective, I think it would be:  GW2 is a well made themepark that has some interesting unique features and a few areas where it is lacking.  At least that's the middle ground I see most often.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Grow a thicker skin man or you're going to have major issues throughout your life.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

You are not going to find a GW2 community without 90% of the people being upset with Anet. There is a reason people are upset with the game, just go look at some of the more well constructed posts.

IMO someone comming here and bashing the bashers with a holier than thou attitude is far more deserving of a ban than people with legitamate gripes with the game and developers.

The OP is trolling. not the other way around.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Congrats on pouring lighter fluid on everything and then leaving! So very classy!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Sad to see anyone get so emotional over forums. The internet is full of self-righteous people who think thier opinions are somehow more important than others. 

Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, most of the haters will be moving into the Elder Scrolls forum now. GW2 already launched, and is quite successful, despite all the hate. So now the haters will move on to find the next unreleased title, since those are the only ones that have meaning for them. 

Once a game launches and becomes successful, their opinions are seen for what they really are, nonsense. The millions of players having fun in GW2 will continue to have fun, but the haters have nothing left there. I look forward to seeing the same people bashing ESO, and will happily enjoy that game assuming its half as good as it sounds now. Cant wait to read what the hate is going to be about :) /popcorn

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by grndzro

You are not going to find a GW2 community without 90% of the people being upset with Anet. There is a reason people are upset with the game, just go look at some of the more well constructed posts.

IMO someone comming here and bashing the bashers with a holier than thou attitude is far more deserving of a ban than people with legitamate gripes with the game and developers.

The OP is not trolling - please your attitude is one example of what is wrong with this whole forum. You are stating that 90% of the GW2 is upset with A.Net - I find that number laughable. Maybe 10-20% yes, not 90%.

Please stop trolling.

• MordenMorden Member Posts: 36
    I agree with OP. Welcome to the generation of the entitled. We are living in the best gaming time. So many great games to choose from. Hell I play Eve, GW2, PS2 and love it. All fantastic games.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Well OP could make reviews and promote the game instead of just bailing. Thats the problem with games and the community right now. A little bit of heartache and things go bad people want to run or flame.

If you like the game, use your forum time to talk good about it. Ignore the trolls and just write good articles on the game. I realy havent seen a good review for GW2 with the good, bad, and the ugly in it. All bad reviews when its either all good, all bad, and skip the ugly.

The community (mmorpg community;gamers themselves) are worse than ever. We use to have unity and want for better times and games. Now its just bickering about "i want dont care about your needs" or any other variation of that. Younger crowd? Talk tough over the monitor? i have no clue what changed the gaming community but i wont bail on it.

As more and more people join the mmo community it will not get better because they people are selfish and want something to whine about. Even trivial crap and misconception run rampant on these forums. People jsut talk BS to talk, with no meaning or educated remarks. Open mindedness is out the window and is just one big septic tank.

See 50 people whine about how bad games are, how there are no features, no longevity, no depth to games. Then see the same 50 people attacking sandbox and more open themepark games in other posts. Makes no sense. But dont run, fight for what you think is right. I promote sandbox games all the time and often flamed with stupid antics and uneducated ramblings, but i still keep up the fight for a better game and community image

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by grndzro

Way to change reality

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I've never been able to understand how someone can take it so personally when another person criticizes or bashes a game. It's a video game, not everyone is going to like the same games, and it's also an internet forum to express your likes or dislikes.

Don't like a post about a beloved video game? Don't click on that post, very simple. If it upsets someone so much, just don't look at those posts. I just don't understand how people take it as a personal attack if someone doesn't like the game they love, I just don't get it...........I honestly do not get it...........Are people really so emotionally thin skinned?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    You didn't need to tell us.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

It's good to see people ignoreing negative press from Random posters. I'm happy you found a game you like. i still personally don't like it, If i like it doesn't matter though. enjoy your game since thats what it was made for. Enjoyment.

I find it funny how all the minor posters are pulling the "you didnt have to tell us" and "why the hell are you telling us" posts. While all the major posters know who he is and is actually being quite nice to him about it.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    It is because you people acting as a Borg. You don't believe your eyes and brain,it is not a new phenomena, it existed  through history of human kind. You can compare this with witch hunt in dark ages. Simple as that--people like to talk about negative things, it is in our nature. And because some of ''evil'' people don't have anymore power to acuse and to ''burn'' somebody, they found safe heaven on forums. You can call this psycho vampires, people enjoy to destroy your game.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

I agree with you OP. I stopped reading mosr threads on this forum b/c if I kept reading them I would enjoy the game much less than i do. Sadly this is the truth, if you want to enjoy the game it's better to not interact with it's "fanbase". They will make you believe even the smallest problem is the end of the world.

Btw. I actually started heavily blocking posters which spend more time complaining about games than playing them. I don't consider anything those people have to say as worth my time. most of the time it's trolling anyway.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

These forums are filled with hate against MMOS indeed....but also with people that DO love gaming!

lately here seems like no MMO is never enough,not good enough and some even refuse to call them MMOS....

Maybe the name of this forum could change to Sandbox.com because that´s what the majority of "haters" seem to only care about....

I agree with you OP and i know the feeling.... I´m playing GW2 myself along with TSW and other games...but i gave up on reading on those game´s forums in here...it´s useless...and full of c......most of the time.

I can imagine someone trying to find out information about those great games in here....really discouraging...

I´m sad ´cause i enjoyed reading your posts... Cya in game though!!!

Hope to see ya around soon.

regards

imageimageimage

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

He will be back.

They always come back.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I havent been posting on the MMORPG.com website regularly for quite some time now.  Seeing all the negativisme about GW2 on these boards made me think a lot. I am still enjoying the game very much. But since the same people that attackked all the other MMo´s released in recent years tried to make me beleive that GW2 was a really bad game (which it isnt)  i realised that the majorrity of posters on this board is negative beyound reason. 

Everyone enjoy whatever game you are playing, and i will spend my time online in a more friendly envoronment with people that still enjoy MMO´s.  

I just tought i had to share this on these boards making a statement that most MMO´s including GW2 are much better games then the majorrity of people try to make you beleive on these boards.

I am done...

MMORPG.com was well know as a GW2 lover community, i remember all the hate aound SWTOR here, but maybe the game is not that great after all so we have a lot of people disappointed people. GW2 is not bad, just not the game that will change the MMO world, more than 3 mill of copies sold, but how many active players have?. 

This discussion has been closed.