Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Heavy Server = 10 people?

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by IG-88

I have to agree with OP.

Im playing on Red Eclipse and when it says "heavy" or "very heavy" there really doesnt seem to be that many people around, typically 120 (in all instances) on Corellia where im at right now and there is a substancial wait for flashpoints groups.

have to call you out on that one, i play on progenitor because there is usually a queue to get in on the red eclipse, plus, when fleet is crowded, which on red it usually is, the lag is so bad you can barely move, which is also why i chose to abandon red eclipse, although granted that was several weeks ago, you don't queue to get onto an empty server.
     as for queueing for flashpoints, yeah, some of them are a pain to get groups for, not sure what its like at higher levels but mid level range, seems like people are too busy levelling to do the flashpoints, although with my consular/healer spec i usually don't have any wait time at all..image

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    op is pissed because the only game he can play is wow, and swtor is too difficult.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

My friend was playing SWTOR last week on a supposed heavy server.

Problem is it said heavy yet he saw just a few people. He went to a city and saw like 2-3 people.

I keep telling him to just pull the plug on this game and play a real mmorpg but he keeps asking me why the server says full yet he barely sees anyone.

So I didnt really have a answer for him the only thing I could think of was.

-The cap on these servers must be really low, is 50 people a full server?

-Ea is simply manipulating the servers just pressing the heavy option to make the server look full or heavy.

- I play wow on a medium server and I see tons of people in the cities and in the world. I can walk into Stormwind and see 80-150 people just around the auction house.

-The shards are seperating people but that still dosent explain how a heavy server has 2 people on tatooine.

You and your friend are both full of it, end of story. I'm guessing that you don't know what a real MMO is either. (Speculating, not assuming.) :)

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

My friend was playing SWTOR last week on a supposed heavy server.

Problem is it said heavy yet he saw just a few people. He went to a city and saw like 2-3 people.

I keep telling him to just pull the plug on this game and play a real mmorpg but he keeps asking me why the server says full yet he barely sees anyone.

So I didnt really have a answer for him the only thing I could think of was.

-The cap on these servers must be really low, is 50 people a full server?

-Ea is simply manipulating the servers just pressing the heavy option to make the server look full or heavy.

- I play wow on a medium server and I see tons of people in the cities and in the world. I can walk into Stormwind and see 80-150 people just around the auction house.

-The shards are seperating people but that still dosent explain how a heavy server has 2 people on tatooine.

What a crock.  I guarentee your friend wasn't on Ord Mandell, Korriban,Hutta,Tyhon, Dromund Kaas, Corruscant or the Fleet. There is 17 planets in the game and each one has multiple shards. Not to mention Warzones, Ops and flashpoints that everyone is participating in which don't happen on any planets.Tattoine? No one goes to Tattoine after level 30 unless it's to do the HK quest or a companion quest. 

And 80-150 people in Stormwind? I would certainly hope so since it is a capital city . Go into Coruscant or Dromund Kaas and you'll see a lot of people there too.  Or go to the fleet where all the level 50s are waiting to PUG or play the GTN and there will be about 150 -200.

Maybe if you had actually played TOR you could explain this to your friend. If he even exists. 

It is not crock, it can be true, depending what instance they logged into. I logged in to the Red Eclipse a EU server after F2P on Coruscant and there was only 40 people, and thought "This can not be! F2P dead after a few hours?", but then after a few mins remembered the instances. On the other instance there was over 200.

People new to the game will not know this, as it is not obvious. Why not explain the situation instead of being condascending?

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by Tigasnake
    120 People in Corellia is pretty damn good, dude.  

How can 120 players on a whole planet be "pretty damn good" ?

Its an MMO, isnt it?

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by Tigasnake
    120 People in Corellia is pretty damn good, dude.  

How can 120 players on a whole planet be "pretty damn good" ?

Its an MMO, isnt it?

So I suppose this means you think that every zone in World of Warcraft is filled with 120+ people at any given time right?

If so, you would be wrong. As with any game, there are some places that are heavily populated and others that aren't. Go figure.

Well, i dont play WOW. But now i have to go back and redo stuff i did yesterday, Red Eclipse rolled back 3-6h...

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Well, i dont play WOW. But now i have to go back and redo stuff i did yesterday, Red Eclipse rolled back 3-6h...  

you are clearly trolling, in case anyone was wondering.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by baphamet

He could be lying, but Red Eclipse did have a multi-hour rollback yesterday.

Trolling is a term that has a definition which you don't seem to have a grasp on. The term trolling is not meant to be a gernade you toss into every thread you don't like something that is being said.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

Trolling is a term that has a definition which you don't seem to have a grasp on. The term trolling is not meant to be a gernade you toss into every thread you don't like something that is being said.

120 per side in one zone is quite good, to me.  This isn't a "hang out" area like fleet, Main City, etc.  It's a leveling/daily area.  And while he may not be your version of trolling, he seems to be pretty close to it.

Oh, and the fleet I as on early today had 10 people in it.  It was the fourth fleet instance.  It was super empty! ;(

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by IG-88 Well, i dont play WOW. But now i have to go back and redo stuff i did yesterday, Red Eclipse rolled back 3-6h...      

i know what trolling is thank you very much, lying to get people fired up and to respond to you is the very essence of what trolling is.

i don't accuse people of trolling in every thread either, not sure where the hell you got that from.

when people have legitimate concerns or things they don't like, okay. when people start lying (like in this thread) just for something new to bash the game for, i call them out for it.

if you don't like that, sorry but i don t give a shit lol

Originally posted by IG-88 Well, i dont play WOW. But now i have to go back and redo stuff i did yesterday, Red Eclipse rolled back 3-6h...      

i know what trolling is thank you very much, lying to get people fired up and to respond to you is the very essence of what trolling is.

i don't accuse people of trolling in every thread either, not sure where the hell you got that from.

when people have legitimate concerns or things they don't like, okay. when people start lying (like in this thread) just for something new to bash the game for, i call them out for it.

Where is the lie?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=589230

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by IG-88 Well, i dont play WOW. But now i have to go back and redo stuff i did yesterday, Red Eclipse rolled back 3-6h...      

He's not lying. They did have to do a roll back ...

Rollback | 01.23.2013, 01:27 PM

Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback on the Red Eclipse which we cannot reset. We want to apologize for this inconvenience, and know that we are working on processes to prevent this from happening again. If you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience.

I think you owe him an apology. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

rollback is not a bug,,its a feature

now we can have TWICE the fun with the same content

sadly it happens in all mmos,,remember how STO was at launch?

the big difference: STO  was apologizing, AND gave the players more info

BW just goes "our game is great, and people want to play it"

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

Even when the game launched and the servers had terrible queue times, they were still not overly populated and that's when everyone was in the starter areas.

SWTOR hasn't got anything good to shout about at all and what it does have has been done better by other MMO's.

SWTOR is so bad that it has even put me off the idea of a Mass Effect (one of my favourite games) MMO as you know it will suck.

The really amusing part I do find are the few SWTOR die hard fans that come here and spout their spoonfed propaganda that the game is getting better and how busy the servers are to a crowd that know the truth. There are fans out there but then there are the totally delusional too.

This discussion has been closed.