Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Am I the only one who thought the elf in the Ad was male?

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,546Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Bakoryo

I guess you guys have never seen that many Scandinavian people. Those aren't masculine lines but high cheek-bones and a visible jawline which isn't that uncommon here. 

Then again, I guess you expect every single image from a game to be flawless and super feminime? 

Actually I have, my good friend Valter from Norway looks a LOT like that elf, and he is a dude.

Here's an example of high cheek bones and visible jawline - Tarja Turunen - and she's pretty hot (and unbeliavable voice too)

• RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXPosts: 3,492Member Uncommon
    Well, if this Elf and I were the last two people on the planet, you won't find me complaining.

• superpatasuperpata portoPosts: 190Member

When I first saw the picture of her on mmorpg.com I asked my friend if he thought it was a male or female.. so yeah. Though in the video it is more clear she is a she, it is still sharing some male patterns in my eyes.

Having said that the video was really nice and hopefully one will be able to make them more feminin should he/she decide.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor AdelaidePosts: 549Member Uncommon
    Hmm, not sure what you are looking at but I couldn't look at that picture and think anything but female elf, the ears sort of give it away.  Maybe you all got confused because she isn't blonde with booby armour?

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore salem, ORPosts: 672Member
    Badass women don't have to look like hookers. Fact.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,295Member Uncommon
    One thing i did notice, is that the Elf looks like an Elf from Lord of the Rings, and not an Elf from TES, the look is completely different, so much so that i wouldnt wonder if the guys at LOTRO etc arent considering copyright theft. Because that Elf was neither Dunmer, Altmer nor Bosmer, but definitely Rivendell.image
  • IsawaIsawa Middle 0 Nowhere, ORPosts: 1,051Member
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor
    Hmm, not sure what you are looking at but I couldn't look at that picture and think anything but female elf, the ears sort of give it away.  Maybe you all got confused because she isn't blonde with booby armour?

Haha how on earth do the ears give it away for a fictional adaptation (not resembling elves very much in prior elder scroll games) of a fictional being? I guess, I don't know my elves or ears. I thought males are suppose to look more feminine in facial features, and that's really about it for elves.

• CetraCetra SingaporePosts: 354Member Uncommon
    Look male at first sight. Can be a female also.
  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon

She looks too human. The elves of TES are weird and usually ugly.

I don't think she's too masculine or ugly. She just has a weird expression on her face. Maybe she saw a giant spider and wrote "eww" in chat.

Originally posted by Scalpless

She looks too human. The elves of TES are weird and usually ugly.

I don't think she's too masculine or ugly. She just has a weird expression on her face. Maybe she saw a giant spider and wrote "eww" in chat.

A werewolf getting eaten by a Nord... if the cinematic trailer is to be believed.

• TorgirTorgir -Posts: 27Member
    When I briefly saw that article banner on the front page the other day, I thought of a mage dude. TESO will break the mmo race mold and have elves that all look like male.
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

Haha how on earth do the ears give it away for a fictional adaptation (not resembling elves very much in prior elder scroll games) of a fictional being? I guess, I don't know my elves or ears. I thought males are suppose to look more feminine in facial features, and that's really about it for elves.

Well I was thinking more that the ears showed she was an elf.

But if you want to look at the differences between male and female, I'd say her eyes, mouth and cheeks are definitely feminine.

The video it's more clear because of what she is wear.  I do agree with the above poster that she doesn't seem to fit the conventional ES elven species.  My first thought when looking at the picture in the opening post was female Romulan but I was playing STO earlier...

• immodiumimmodium ManchesterPosts: 1,578Member Uncommon
    Well, she's the girliest looking man I've ever seen. The only time I have seen a male look anything vaguely like that elf....! Actually, I'll just stop there.

• Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member
    I didn't think of them either way, I saw an elf and I thought 'androgyny".  *shrug*  That's pretty much the point of elves.
  • JayarisJayaris InvercargillPosts: 308Member

Having seen the beta announcement trailer I wasn't sure what you were talking about. Then I saw the particular picture-ad that you're referencing and I can see what you're saying.

The still-ad is looking a little androgynous, but I'd say it's the artists fault more than anything (that and the particular portrait angle used). 

Hi

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat SP, MOPosts: 312Member
    I'm actually surprised people thought she was a guy. I knew right off the bat she was female.
  • PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

She's a badass. TESO is not Aion.  If a woman can be a warrior and kill ogres and trolls, she's not going to be anime running around in spike heals and a lacy mini-skirt. I like her.

Anyway, it's hard to tell gender with elves sometimes.

• FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    Weeaboos are used to the opposite where all the characters look like little girls, even the men, plus they all look like they are about to cry. This is western art work, and much better. Glad to finally see a game that isnt emo or anime. 
  • NBlitzNBlitz ZwollePosts: 1,904Member
    It didn't cross my mind that people would consider the elf a male...
    Then again I'm used to androgynous looking guys, girls, and avatars.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Common
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Badass women don't have to look like hookers. Fact.

Yes they do. Opinion.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• FeydiirFeydiir Framingham, MAPosts: 25Member

If no one has ever told you before, I'll tell you now.  There is no such thing as a male elf, there is only females.

• sea.shellsea.shell SelfossPosts: 63Member

When i first saw THAT picture (missing body). I thought thats a very feminin Male. An Elf Male done right? It was more obvious in the Cinematic Trailer because the body was there as well as the facial expression. There is a difference to the cinematic too:

Cinematic:

Ad Picture:

TES female Elfes have always been more masculine anyway so i guess it fits and is in no way ugly. (even if it would have been a man :P)

Meanwhile in FFXIV:

I wondered how long would it take MMO's to get three genders at character creation ....

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert schagenPosts: 121Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

It's a girl elf... image

Not a major fan of TES are we? High elves have always been pretty identical gender wise, thank god for boobs :P

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef phoenix, AZPosts: 791Member

The Nord reminds me of the Amon Amarth singer - Johan Hegg

Grrrrrr

Thought the same thing lol.

Playing: War Thunder, World of Warcraft, and Grim Dawn
    Waiting on:Everquest Next and The Black Desert

• alakramalakram malagaPosts: 2,223Member Uncommon

Seriously, that is one of the scaries elf girls pictures I've seen period. 

Looks like Legolas after going through a sex-change procedure that didn't go too well, and (s)he is not very happy.

Maybe at first the character was a male elf and suddenly they thought: "Ey! we lack boobs in this cinematic!, lets add boobs to the male wizard."

-=AlaKraM=-
    Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
    My Lord of the Rings Gallery