Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly, is this more of the same?

CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174

Is there going to be weeklies, dailies... timers on progress? I'll be honest, I'm tired of that shit.

Not all of us can play every day for 2-3 hours to stay on top of all of this.

Some of us have real jobs and, well, shitty lives, and we can only play in spurts. For example I can only play 12 hours at a time, once or twice a week. Sure that is super nerdy, but it is what it is. Having to do dailies, and weeklies, scheduling shit with my guild... I just literally can't do it. I'm sick of being left behind and being weak because I'm forced to work on this bullshit schedule. What happened to old school? If I play for 24 hours in 2 days, my progress should look the same as some guy who played 24 hours over 7 days. I don't want to fall months behind everyone else... I'm sick of it. The current system with this is so horrible.

Anyway, is this going to be the same shit as every other AAA title over the last 4 years?

What happened to the days of UO? If I worked hard for 76 hours... coked out of my mind, god damnit, I had something to show for it. logs, ore, gold, illustrious title, hundreds of skill gains, new friends, another house on another account.... Why can I not do this now? Why must I conform to some schedule? That is so damn lame. I want to work hard right now and I want my loot right now because of it.

Who is with me!!!!!??????

Comments

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

no ofence but now day some1 need to be blind if  they not realise all mmo are quite equal whit just few diference ,if you tired of mmo  then change to action rpg or console game wish you can finish in 1-2 days or fps games wish is not bad at all but full of hackers. if you want a game made your way then you would need to study and then create your own companny and make the game that you  want simple.

peace

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I don't even know what you just said but good luck and god speed
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    done once a day,but doesn't set you back too far if you don't do em.
    Bah typing on phone
    Dailies and weekly quests are why I play GW2. I know there Are some things that are available once a day but doesn't put you back too far IG you dont do them.
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

Ehh, I partly agree.  I don't think we should "feel" as if we are working a daily job in a game.  Some people like this sort of thing so I can't really say it's good or bad, just that I personally don't like it.

What really drew my attention is "more of the same".  I have an uncomforable feeling that ESO will be more of the same.

Originally posted by sapphen

Ehh, I partly agree.  I don't think we should "feel" as if we are working a daily job in a game.  Some people like this sort of thing so I can't really say it's good or bad, just that I personally don't like it.

What really drew my attention is "more of the same".  I have an uncomforable feeling that ESO will be more of the same.

My issue with the weeklies and dailies is that if you do not do them you do fall behind. I hate being locked into some schedule. It doesn't matter if it is pvp or pve, if you do not do them, you are behind. It also makes it impossible for people who start playing at a later date to catch up. Look at WoW for example. If you hit level 90 1 month after everyone else you are fucked. Even if you could catch up the next update will be out when you do and all of it will be for nothing. I fucking hate this system so much.

I want full control of my progress. No more timers, no more lock outs. The player should have absolute control of his destiny.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Cothor
    Originally posted by sapphen

My issue with the weeklies and dailies is that if you do not do them you do fall behind. I hate being locked into some schedule. It doesn't matter if it is pvp or pve, if you do not do them, you are behind. It also makes it impossible for people who start playing at a later date to catch up. Look at WoW for example. If you hit level 90 1 month after everyone else you are fucked. Even if you could catch up the next update will be out when you do and all of it will be for nothing. I fucking hate this system so much.

I want full control of my progress. No more timers, no more lock outs. The player should have absolute control of his destiny.

I agree.  I rarely done dailies unless I needed the money but my good friend loves them and does them every day on mulitple characters.  I can understand their appeal but it did make me feel like I was falling behind.  It also raises the prices of game items because the dedicated has more money to spend than casual.  I've always considered it a compromise of some sort, if people spend more time in a game they should be rewarded.  If it wasn't dailies then it would be people farming mats to make money.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Yes. It's just another clone with a twist sadly.

Expect a shallow hybrid of WoW and GW2.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Is there going to be weeklies, dailies... timers on progress? I'll be honest, I'm tired of that shit.

Not all of us can play every day for 2-3 hours to stay on top of all of this.

Some of us have real jobs and, well, shitty lives, and we can only play in spurts. For example I can only play 12 hours at a time, once or twice a week. Sure that is super nerdy, but it is what it is. Having to do dailies, and weeklies, scheduling shit with my guild... I just literally can't do it. I'm sick of being left behind and being weak because I'm forced to work on this bullshit schedule. What happened to old school? If I play for 24 hours in 2 days, my progress should look the same as some guy who played 24 hours over 7 days. I don't want to fall months behind everyone else... I'm sick of it. The current system with this is so horrible.

Anyway, is this going to be the same shit as every other AAA title over the last 4 years?

What happened to the days of UO? If I worked hard for 76 hours... coked out of my mind, god damnit, I had something to show for it. logs, ore, gold, illustrious title, hundreds of skill gains, new friends, another house on another account.... Why can I not do this now? Why must I conform to some schedule? That is so damn lame. I want to work hard right now and I want my loot right now because of it.

Who is with me!!!!!??????

Best post I've seen^ in a while...!

I never played to be leet. I was a jack-of-all-trades and hunted, harvested & did quest I thought might offer my Wizard a new spell along the way, etc..  for about 4~5 hours...  then happen to stumble upon something new & dark..! I always had trinkets for sale in the east commons tunnels. Some guilds sending me /tells wanting it badly and asking me where I got it.

As a solo wizard explorer I made wealth whenever I wanted. Heck, just being able to move rares to better loacation I could make some legit money in a few tries.

Point was, there was so much that made you a good player... other than just what your target is for a said raid. I had "friends" whom I saw all the time in the woods doing strange stuff... like me. Funny how all the guild leaders ended up creeping away from their guilds to better themselves.

This game is more like a game show... I will be happy for those who like Dragon's Lair style of pick & choose gameplay. This isn't themepark, it picks a theme and makes a stage-play out of it...!

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I don't know if it's "more of the same," some of the same. I just don't know if there is going to be enough different. It seems like they're putting a lot of eggs in the combat basket. I believe the the combat and itemization is going have to be really good to over come some of the short comings like Apvp (Area PvP tm).
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I know that its going to be a themepark and thats enough for me to take a pass on it.
    Originally posted by tank017
    I know that its going to be a themepark and thats enough for me to take a pass on it.

If it is going to be the same bullshit weekly/daily/raid nonsense... I'm done. I'm so burned out on this genre. What happened to exploring the woods, gaining skills as I kill, storing gold.... preparing for dark days... what happened?

We do not need or want another theme park WoW. Seriously..... those days are over, forever. We want a true fucking sandbox with a real world where real work pays off. No more nonsense. I can play EQ2, WoW, Rift, Tera, or any other current shitty game if I want weeklies and dailies... fuck that shit. MMOS are fucking garbage right now and I'm dead serious when I say that. Just awful.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

The most important thing to me is, How does the game FEEL?

Until then it's all just talk.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Sounds like people here actually want to play a single player game.

mmorpg's are crap compared to the worst PS2 rpg's in my opinion.  hell even ps1.  i've got more enjoyment playing Wild Arms 1 on the PSP than leveling up some generic toon in any easy mode mmorpg. 

GW2 was the best example,  gear, levels, feel like they don't mean a damn thing.  Almost like playing super mario.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

I'm not sure MMOs have much more to offer now days except daily/weekly quests and repeating content over and over.  I could go through and list the dozens of games I've played over the years but in the end they are all the same.  1-2 months of relatively fun level content followed by a boring grind for badges/points to buy gear that will be outdated in a few months when the next patch comes out. I'm getting a little old for spending every night up to midnight or later raiding for loots.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Originally posted by loeslein

mmorpg's are crap compared to the worst PS2 rpg's in my opinion.  hell even ps1.  i've got more enjoyment playing Wild Arms 1 on the PSP than leveling up some generic toon in any easy mode mmorpg. 

GW2 was the best example,  gear, levels, feel like they don't mean a damn thing.  Almost like playing super mario.

I want an mmorpg. I want my hardwork, my hours played, my study to show how great I am. Not some bullshit schedule. I of course want to compete with and against other players, but being locked into this bullshit, generic system is nonsense. It has to stop. If ESO copies this mold it will fail. We have enough versions of this game now. Rift and GW2 look as good as ESO already and are looking like that have as much or more content. ESO has the chance to be great... but, honestly, from all rumors going around, from the website... it looks like it may be a huge pile of shit. Dead serious about that.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I think the way GW2 handles dailies/monthlies is pretty good right now. Doing them rewards you with half an hour's worth of XP and some additional stuff, but it's just a bonus and is not required for faction grind or anything like that.

Uh, come to think of it, the next update will make dailies and monthlies the primary way of getting the best items, so I guess it'll screw everything up in this regard.

Still, as long as weeklies and monthlies are vastly better than dailies and getting the "best stuff" through them is fast enough, it shouldn't be a major problem. To be honest, achievement structure is the least of my concerns when it comes to TESO. The lack of gameplay videos is more annoying. Reminds me of TOR. "We'll show you awesome pre-rendered cinematics and use out IP! Oh, gameplay? Nah, you'll see that post-release. It's like... awesome, honest!"

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

I want an mmorpg. I want my hardwork, my hours played, my study to show how great I am. Not some bullshit schedule. I of course want to compete with and against other players, but being locked into this bullshit, generic system is nonsense. It has to stop. If ESO copies this mold it will fail. We have enough versions of this game now. Rift and GW2 look as good as ESO already and are looking like that have as much or more content. ESO has the chance to be great... but, honestly, from all rumors going around, from the website... it looks like it may be a huge pile of shit. Dead serious about that.

Exactly...  all's i want is some fucking challenge..  Demon Souls and Dark Souls have spoiled me....  the predictable raid treadmill is garbage.   GW2 even took it one step futher and made progression totally pointless.  People complain about "grind"  but as of right now every mmorpg is click/press 1,2,3,4.  Sixty hours of that right to endgame.  yay.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Exactly...  all's i want is some fucking challenge..  Demon Souls and Dark Souls have spoiled me....  the predictable raid treadmill is garbage.   GW2 even took it one step futher and made progression totally pointless.  People complain about "grind"  but as of right now every mmorpg is click/press 1,2,3,4.  Sixty hours of that right to endgame.  yay.

Hell,EQ1 and Asheron's Call Spoiled me..

Ive been disgruntled since 2000

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    You can't really make that assumption until you actually play the game. we know virtually nothing about this game and a lot may have changed when they start showing it to the public.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

*shrug*

We don't know yet. It might end up being more of the same. And if it is, I'll pass on it... as I have on all the MMO's to come out in recent years.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    So many of you must live in a nightmare created in your own head, try being optimistic and if the game fails to meet your expectations get over it and move on.
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

I dont know enough about the game to make a choice on will I like it or get it. Trying to get into the beta for that.

Oh, and yes. When I beta a game I also report bugs and stuff. Mainly I get to try to get a feel for the game.

CGI trailers are nice, podcast are cool., but I wont know till I play the game. IF I dont get into the beta, and I see enough to make me wonder if its the next best thing. Ill get the game and try it out for myself.

I

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by tank017

Hell,EQ1 and Asheron's Call Spoiled me..

Ive been disgruntled since 2000

me 2, its why i went back to Asherons Call. the game has more content than all of these new themeparks put together. plus they still do monthly content updates every single month for 13 years now. so i know my money is at least going towards that.