Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: Open Beta Begins for PS3 Users

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP Games has released a brand new trailer to celebrate the commencement of the DUST 514 open beta. Anyone with a Playstation 3 can download and play the latest game from the developers of EVE Online. Enjoy!

Now that DUST 514 has entered open beta, mercenaries will begin to shape their careers in earnest as there are no further character resets planned and every shot, every battle and every contract counts. Going forward, all skill upgrades, weapon choices, dropsuit selections and vehicle fittings will shape the fighting strategies and the battles of all mercenaries in DUST 514.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Haven't played in a month+ the pre-fight area on your ship was always so laggy. Plus the interface is so cumbersome dunno if I'll play it much maybe I'll update it and see if they've fixed anything.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Uh! First snippet of the PvE drone content... Me want!
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I'm going to have to second that complaint on the interface, it can be fixed, but for now its killing me, this is a shooter we don't need that many options, and we don't want to take an extra second to swap weapons. I was just playing over the weekend, , I have to say for ps3 users this has some nice potential.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    I'm going to have to second that complaint on the interface, it can be fixed, but for now its killing me, this is a shooter we don't need that many options, and we don't want to take an extra second to swap weapons. I was just playing over the weekend, , I have to say for ps3 users this has some nice potential.

Keyboard + mouse will solve that issue for you. At least I dont see what the issue is, and I play with kb/m.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

The only way to play the beta is the $19.99 pack right? I was looking at it and that was all i seen for download.  I seen a bunch of currency options which i dont know much about or care for really but i hope that doesnt make people have to pay to be competitive.

Will try it if that is the only option anways(the $19.99 option is the only way to get it) because it sounds likean interesting game.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I got mine with my ps3 it was a bonus feature with the bundle I had purchased.
    it may be free for playstation plus users too. Some of the beta's are free for the paying subscribers. Worth checking out i guess.
  • Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    I guess I'm going to beta test it tonight.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    I found USB keyboard and mouse hooked right up and worked without a hitch, so that's nice. Not so nice is micromanaging 6.023x1023 skills and loadouts just to play an fps.

The open beta for ps3 is a lie!!!

Just got home went to PSN store and I also have PSN Plus by the way and there is no game named Dust 514 under betas and if you search the name Dust 514 an overview comes out not a client. Under the overview you can see many addons that cost from $5 to $50 and the game is not even out yet. One addon is called Mercenary pack and says that it has the client too but it also costs $20.

BIGGEST SCAMALAMA EVER!

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

The game itself plays well, but the problem is that the interface is not really good for a shooter. The interface for Dust 514 is similar to the interface for Eve which is not even remotely a good thing. It is very complicated and you have to invest a ton of time into it to figure it out. Not to mention the text has a really small font. This might be acceptable to Eve players and even some other MMO players, but it won't be for console players. Console shooter fans will jump ship the second they get overwhelmed by the UI. Hell, I could not stand it after a bit and I have played Eve quite a bit. 

That kind of UI is just unneccessary for a shooter. I think they are eliminating a ton of their playerbase by going for PS3 only, but even more so by the overly-complex UI.

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I don't think the open beta has been updated yet. It's isn't on PSN yet at ALL. Just the merc pack that comes with beta access...Can anyone clarify on this!? I'm REALLY anxious to play it...

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

Finally they fixed it and downloading as we speak it's about 2gig so will be done quick.

To find it you have to search manually by typing the name and when you select it says purches for free :)

This is not a mmoRPG at all if Call of Duty is MMORPG then this one is too. Also lots of lag Im not use to have lag on my FPS.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Don't know why all of you have so much problems with Dust514.

I've played closed beta before and just had a go at the open beta without any problems or lag. Oh and I use a keyboard and mouse ofc, so the interface is no issue aswell.

It's good shooter, and all the options make it way better then your traditional FPS imho, as you can outsmart your enemies by picking the right loadout to begin with.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I signed up for beta but they haven't emailed me yet.  Soooo they don't tell me about open beta?  /sigh.  It is my girlfriends PS3 anyways, I could care less about PS3 I doubt I could enjoy anything on it.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME! I understand it's a beta, but everything from movement, aiming, menu's, graphics  and even spawning is totally crap... especially the spawning! if you die you get to choose where you spawn next, as in EVERYWHERE on the map. So you just spawn a few meters behind the person who killed ya and take your revenge, only to have him do the same right back at ya..

It's one sad product and not worth your time, even as a hardcore EVE fan.. AVOID!

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME! I understand it's a beta, but everything from movement, aiming, menu's, graphics  and even spawning is totally crap... especially the spawning! if you die you get to choose where you spawn next, as in EVERYWHERE on the map. So you just spawn a few meters behind the person who killed ya and take your revenge, only to have him do the same right back at ya..

It's one sad product and not worth your time, even as a hardcore EVE fan.. AVOID!

+1

Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

If you are going to make an excuse for people not to play the game at least dont use lies in that excuse. There is no "Spawn where ever you want on the map". Its not much different than Planetside 2 or Battlefield even. You can capture/control spawn points. Some players/classes may be able to set up insertion points also as ive seen a few spawns just pop up here or there. No where have i ever seen the ability to spawn any where you please.