Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone like any mmo?

eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
I have been comnig to mmorpg.com for years now and never before have some many members disliked so many mmos. I use to post a lot here but the last couple years I have stepped back due to the fact that if you liked any mmo you were attacked about your support of it. It is then explained in detail why you were wrong for liking it and that you were brain washed by the developers. If you go to any of the forums for any of the top rates games it seems the majority of post dislike the game. So I have a simple question, since so many here claim to love mmos but few seem to like any current mmos. Does anyone actually like any of the current mmos? I actually like, EQ2, Rift, GW2, WOW, and a few more. You do not need to tell my why I am wrong in liking these games just tell me what current mmos you like if any. I am just curious.

Comments

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I like em all, I've played em all.  So many mmos, not enough time!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    I like TSW and EVE. Have liked but no longer play WoW, Fallen Earth, Vanguard and LOTRO  Unexplained soft spot for Star Trek online which baffles even me.
  • eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

I am glad to see some who likes the current mmos. Do you have a favorite?

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    I like many MMOs, they all have something different to offer. Heck... I love the most hated MMO on this forum... I just ignore others opinions and have fun. That's why we play games image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by spookydom
    I like TSW and EVE. Have liked but no longer play WoW, Fallen Earth, Vanguard and LOTRO  Unexplained soft spot for Star Trek online which baffles even me.

I have tried all of these but Fallen Earth. I tried TSW I think it is a good title but it was not my style. I love LOTRO but do not play it anymore since my time is limited so Rift and EQ2 get my support now. I try to stick to two at a time.

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    I like many MMOs, they all have something different to offer. Heck... I love the most hated MMO on this forum... I just ignore others opinions and have fun. That's why we play games image

Would that be WOW?

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by eccoton

Would that be WOW?

he said most hated, not most bashed. there's a difference

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Would that be WOW?

My signature is telling all :) And nope, it's not WoW.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sephiroso

Would that be WOW?

lol good point!

Would that be WOW?

My signature is telling all :) And nope, it's not WoW.

I really like SWTOR, it had the same fate as lotro just not enough time. For me EQ2 is still tops since SWG pre-nge is just a memory now.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I like TSW and SWTOR for their stories,  Vanguard for its good old traditional mmo values, Tera and AOC for its combat and the upcoming firefall was fun when I played beta
  • miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

I played most mainstreamed mmo's since 1999 Everquest started it all for me now i play Lotro , since beta actually i do try beta's and free trials for the new ones but more and more i prefer the old mmo's .

By the way i really dont like the trend of action mmo's much but that just me i guess .

Originally posted by micona

I played most mainstreamed mmo's since 1999 Everquest started it all for me now i play Lotro , since beta actually i do try beta's and free trials for the new ones but more and more i prefer the old mmo's .

By the way i really dont like the trend of action mmo's much but that just me i guess .

For me it began in 1996 with Meridian 59.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I love eq2 I play it every day.  It is better than just about any of the new stuff that we seen in the past few years. 

Would that be WOW?

It's a she :)

I like TSW as well, played EQ2 for more then 6 years and have very fond memories from this game. Played LOTRO for several years in spare time, but never could really get into it.  Tried Rift, Aion, AoC, but could not go pat level 30 in any of them. Looking forward TESO as I am a fan of TES. My first game I played was Daggerfall :).

But SWTOR is for me absolute #1

Never played WoW.

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

^^^This +1

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Yes.  I love the whole genre...otherwise I wouldn't be frequenting this forum.

Some good games were released this past year.  TSW, Tera, and GW2 all had their good points.

I'm back to SWTOR right now and having a great time (big SW fan and really like the story aspect).

It's just a matter of finding the right one for you.  There are so many different choices with varying flavors that it really is a good time to be a player.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
     So I have a simple question, since so many here claim to love mmos but few seem to like any current mmos. 

I think you answered for me in this sentence.  I find I'm more comfortable in older games because I prefer the design.

I can handle quest hub hopping as long as it's not the only thing to do in a game.  Add linear storyline mode and I have zero interest.  Easiest way to illustrate the difference is the Cata rework of Azeroth.  Some loved it, many games have copied it, but frankly it trashed the gameplay experience for me.  Pretty much the same for the WotLK expansion.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I have been comnig to mmorpg.com for years now and never before have some many members disliked so many mmos. I use to post a lot here but the last couple years I have stepped back due to the fact that if you liked any mmo you were attacked about your support of it. It is then explained in detail why you were wrong for liking it and that you were brain washed by the developers. If you go to any of the forums for any of the top rates games it seems the majority of post dislike the game. So I have a simple question, since so many here claim to love mmos but few seem to like any current mmos. Does anyone actually like any of the current mmos? I actually like, EQ2, Rift, GW2, WOW, and a few more. You do not need to tell my why I am wrong in liking these games just tell me what current mmos you like if any. I am just curious.

Wish this message got posted in every "hate" post on these forums.  I am guilty as well, I know but I try not to be so negative about certain MMO's.  Only against percieved indie and sandbox titles with obvious hipster qualities though sicne those are the only MMO's we can talk positive about here.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by erictlewis

I love eq2 I play it every day.  It is better than just about any of the new stuff that we seen in the past few years. 

Got my 8 year veterans reward a few weeks ago.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    There are going to be people who will snap at a topic, a game or the world in general.  That can't be entirely prevented.  But how many of them can you tolerate.before you become blind to the rest of the people in the room?

Would that be WOW?

It's a she :)

I like TSW as well, played EQ2 for more then 6 years and have very fond memories from this game. Played LOTRO for several years in spare time, but never could really get into it.  Tried Rift, Aion, AoC, but could not go pat level 30 in any of them. Looking forward TESO as I am a fan of TES. My first game I played was Daggerfall :).

But SWTOR is for me absolute #1

Never played WoW.

I really like SWTOR but I left mainly due to time. I am a huge fan of SW. While EQ2 is my favorite game and I have been playing 8 years, without a doubt SWG pre-nge was my favorite mmo of all time. So sad it is gone and SOE messed it up. Even though I was mad at SOE for swg-nge I still support EQ2. I was 7 years in WOW and loved my time there but it was time to leave. I will probably play EQ2 on some level until they turn the lights out.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I enjoyed Ultima Online (11ish-12ish years) and FFXI (5ish years)

I currently play and enjoy GW2, Rift, PS2, and TSW

I even respect some games I don't like personally like EvE and Pirates 101. 

Originally posted by azzamasin

Wish this message got posted in every "hate" post on these forums.  I am guilty as well, I know but I try not to be so negative about certain MMO's.  Only against percieved indie and sandbox titles with obvious hipster qualities though sicne those are the only MMO's we can talk positive about here.

Have you looked into Origins of Malu at all? I have high hopes for this game.

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

I enjoyed Ultima Online (11ish-12ish years) and FFXI (5ish years)

I currently play and enjoy GW2, Rift, PS2, and TSW

I even respect some games I don't like personally like EvE and Pirates 101. 

I play a little Pirates 101 it is a nice game for a break from my main games.