Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PoE is hyped #1 = proof of MMO stagnation

13»

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

People are just sad these days because once their MMO cherry got popped by the first special game all the rest feel just long and hard without any real charm.

Yes... I had to do it... entirely too many threads with whiners who wouldn't know a good game from their own ass if you gave them a flashlight, a map, and a stern talking to about which way their ass was relative to the game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    This is just proof that mmos are overrated and not the end all and be all of gaming.  You can throw in the Call of Duty franchise in as a great example.
  • PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    The problem is MMORPG.com..

This website has lost sight of it's users and their games. It is now a one-stop marketimg gimmick.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    Originally posted by meddyck

You don't need any more proof of how stale and uninspiring the MMO genre has become that Diablo clone Path of Exile now has the #1 hype spot on this site. In case anybody wants to argue PoE is an MMO, here's what the devs themselves say:

We do not classify Path of Exile as an MMORPG. It is a competitive online action RPG, and has little in common with games that are typically given the MMORPG moniker.

http://www.pathofexile.com/about/

Have you seen this http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/1071-black-desert-online-preview-2 ?

Dunno why this game isnt on this site...... Looks like masterpiece smth that themepark and sandbox fans have been waiting for.

OH MY GAWD! That game *drops jaws* :O

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

You don't need any more proof of how stale and uninspiring the MMO genre has become that Diablo clone Path of Exile now has the #1 hype spot on this site. In case anybody wants to argue PoE is an MMO, here's what the devs themselves say:

We do not classify Path of Exile as an MMORPG. It is a competitive online action RPG, and has little in common with games that are typically given the MMORPG moniker.

So,  I see you play Guildwars 2. How is your World of Warcraft clone doing? Fun I hope? Sorry, I just couldn't get over this to even get onto the topic. Pretty much that one term calling a game a 'clone' (which btw, is far from being like Diablo 2 compared to WoW and Gw2, even though it is NOT a clone) greatly harmed any bit of chance for civilized covnersation regarding the stagnation of MMos. 

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

"People are just sad these days because once their MMO cherry got popped by the first special game all the rest feel just long and hard without any real charm."

Originally posted by Purutzil

So,  I see you play Guildwars 2. How is your World of Warcraft clone doing? Fun I hope? Sorry, I just couldn't get over this to even get onto the topic. Pretty much that one term calling a game a 'clone' (which btw, is far from being like Diablo 2 compared to WoW and Gw2, even though it is NOT a clone) greatly harmed any bit of chance for civilized covnersation regarding the stagnation of MMos. 

Need I say more about these topics and their validity to anything excluding the rectal dysfunction these individuals must feel... not to mention the spinal trauma.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    PoE isn't #1 anymore. The MMO genre is saved!!!!!!!
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Originally posted by Psychow
    PoE isn't #1 anymore. The MMO genre is saved!!!!!!!

'You're a mean one, Mr. Pyschow!'  

:)

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.