Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert second trailer released.

PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member

Some more footage on the new upcoming sandbox from Korea. Same song, same theme as the first trailer but this one is a much longer version.

Steparu upcoming information-

• KumaponKumapon Vancouver, BCPosts: 740Member Uncommon

The game is still in alpha atm, and will be going into CB in July. Pearl Abyss is hoping for a Korean OB in Dec.2013.

This video shows you can create your own maps and content.

This video shows creating your house

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,429Member Uncommon
    Too good to be true. What's the catch?
  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member
    Originally posted by bcbully

It's Korean.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows PyongyangPosts: 70Member Uncommon
    Lookin forward to see the sandbox elements

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• mmoskimmoski plymouthPosts: 282Member
    Yeah this looks absolutely amazing , there's a few discrepancies in the videos (wow check LOD popping), but yeah it's in alpha, I just hope their combat system is as good as dragons nest.
  • Grotar89Grotar89 beograd, CAPosts: 343Member

I have no words to describe what i just saw............. Thus cant be true......... This game looks better than any current ( sry GW2 ) and upcoming MMOs combined..................

Looks we might get sanbox game we are waiting and not some On rails, quest grinder with tab targeting and 1+2+3 spam (Archeage)

Like how you can make ''westen'' (medieval) looking char or ''asian'' inspired ones. Blends two worlds perfectly. Also we need Rhino mount !!!

Steparu information added to the OP.

"Players will be able to adventure by solo play, party playing, field raids, normal raids, raid dungeons, chasing, defense kind of games, siege warfare, guild vs guild, and a lot of cool other features."

"Housing system"

Its also action combat but it is also playable in first person like an FPS, so you have 3rd person action combat and first person FPS style action combat.

• ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,409Member Uncommon
    It's pretty, but looks a bit too good to be true. With the world being as detailed as it is, I bet it'll be mostly a themepark with some sandbox features thrown in. Could be a great game, but I'm not excited yet.
  • Grotar89Grotar89 beograd, CAPosts: 343Member
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    It's pretty, but looks a bit too good to be true. With the world being as detailed as it is, I bet it'll be mostly a themepark with some sandbox features thrown in. Could be a great game, but I'm not excited yet.

Since Black Desert Online is a semi-sandbox MMORPG looks like developers think like this. If u read the interview looks like there will be alot of sanbox features.

• dimnikardimnikar ZanistanvillePosts: 271Member

It's a LOD mess, but I expect sweeping views like that won't be present during gameplay, so that's OK I guess.

However, the proportions and sensible architecture is what really gets me about this game, it's just so perfect, especially compared to other MMO games that can't get that right.

Aesthetically, that's what matters FAR MORE than number of shaders on screen (GW2) or texture resolutions, when going for a realistic approach.

• dimnikardimnikar ZanistanvillePosts: 271Member
    Anyone notice the LOTR refferences? Legolas, Gimli and Gandalf all feature in there (probably more).
    Originally posted by dimnikar

It's a LOD mess, but I expect sweeping views like that won't be present during gameplay, so that's OK I guess.

I'm sure that will all be ironed out, I mean, it's still in Alpha, a closed beta isn't expected until June.

• hikaru77hikaru77 buenos airesPosts: 1,018Member Uncommon
    So, like 2015 for NA.  
  • IstavaanIstavaan CorkPosts: 1,350Member
    Wow! that is impressive, the part where the guy gets shot off the horse and both the guy and horse crash to the!
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,429Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

It's Korean.

This was what I was thinking.... Western mmorpgs have been so bad as of late, maybe we'll get some creativity out of this keorean indie.

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member

i'd suspect US release in 2016 when graphics will be behind the times instead of ahead of them.... i really need to move to korea:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member

Classic Asian MMO showcase.

Stunning visual

Huge world

Same fighting animations like the rest of the Asian MMOs

No ugly women

Hot women in sexy armour

I bet many weapons are HUGEMUNGUNS in size

Very little to do beside grind mobs

Ohh did I forget....Legolas,Gandalf and Alistar was present in the showcase.

Who knows they might do something worth playing this time.

And no I don't believe the feature list until I see it ingame.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• PieRadPieRad Odense MPosts: 1,108Member

Heh, ye.. when the mage was swinging the staff, I was waiting for him to smash it into the ground and yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS".

Also the walking trees, last march of the ents.

Definitly drew inspiration from LOTRO.. Not a bad thing though.

They had plenty of other stuff in there as well, like Olaf! xD

I missed Alistair though, but I'm a bit tired.

• dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member
    Why all the cool stuff comes from korea?

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ZombieKenZombieKen Northwest, INPosts: 5,034Member Uncommon

Cool video.  Are we entering the age of Asian sandboxes?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLPosts: 2,059Member

It's from a new developer, so I won't make assumptions that it would just be another Korean MMO.

It's drawing a lot of inspiration from the more classic European style medival fantasy (like Tolkein for example).  Look at the outfits and weapons the characters are wearing/wielding.  No massive spiky armor on the males or stripperiffic armor on the females.  Weapons are all reasonably sized and not larger than the character.  The world and monsters look like they came straight out of DnD.  The classes seem pretty neat and not gender locked.

It has all the makings of a good sandbox hybrid.  Excellent housing system, massive sieged warfare, mounted combat, parkour, a unique trading system, action oriented combat, huge bosses, seamless world with no loading times, things to do outside of combat, weather plays a factor in gameplay, etc.  Definitely encourage people to keep an eye out for this one.  Like a lot of upcoming Korean MMOs it seems to be taking cues from MMOs and fantasy in the West.  There definitely seems to be a paradigm shift going on in Korean game development.

As long as the content is on par with what was shown in the video (and there is enough of it) this could very well be the perfect game for me.  All they need to do (and any Korean developer for that matter serious about a Western release) is release it simultaneously worldwide, but the chances of that happening are slim.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

• Entropy14Entropy14 Edmonton, ABPosts: 671Member Uncommon
    Has potential , like the fact that there is player housing, and nice to see a game with combat similar to Tera.
  • KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member

Looks good still, but now that see more of the combat, I hate it.

That zoom in-zoom out blurr effect that happens with every hit is going to end up giving me headaches, I just know it.

The graphics look good overall, which makes me worried that the gameplay is going to stink.  Too early to tell.  I did notice that the trailer was very careful to avoid embaressing moments with glitches, like clipping.  Something big mobs & mounts are notorious for.  Need a gameplay video really to judge this one.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.