Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Vendetta Online: The Universe Goes Mobile

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Vendetta Online has a magnificent history that stretches way back in internet history to the 90s. We managed to corral CEO, Founder & Lead Designer John Bergman to talk about what's coming up next. See what he had to say before leaping into the discussion in the comments.

MMORPG: You mentioned you would be linking the game and iPad version in one seemless universe. This is a great step for any online game. Can you tell us what it will be like for players new and old alike?

John Bergman: The core idea is really to free the player from the restrictions of a desktop, and to allow them to comfortably interact with their friends and community in the game universe, from wherever they are. That has been my vision for mobile all along, and I’m excited to see the ongoing evolution in that space.

To my mind, each platform basically represents a “window” into the game universe. Some might be more capable windows than others, giving a better view through better performance, but the important thing is that they each let us interact with that universe and the people within.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Vendetta Online: The Universe Goes Mobile.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Dear MMORPG.com staff,

You have covered the venerable Vendetta Online in the past, supporting the small indie game development studio Guild Software, made up of 4 guys from Milwaukee. Incarnate, the lead developer, has just announced a Kickstarter campaign. Some of the goals include things many gamers would like to see, such as the ability for iPad and iOS users to play in the same galaxy as everyone else, and landing on procedural planets.

Please consider supporting this movement by announcing it in a notable manner. I have been a long-time player and part of the community, and would love to see the game meet its Kickstarter goals and continue to thrive.

Best regards,

-Phaserlight

Looks like my letter got answered before I even sent it 8-)

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Phaserlight >"such as the ability for iPad and iOS users to play in the same galaxy as everyone else, and landing on procedural planets."

I'd support this for the above stretch goals. A decent iOS mmorpg would be "handy" (see what the pricing is like).

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    This is not what I would call a decent MMO.  Very dated.... I did not like it.

When was the last time you played Oz?  It has gone through some major significant updates in the last 3 years (graphics, player-controlled cap ships, player-conquerable stations, manufacturing, new mission system, new mission trees).  Speaking from personal experience, I've found it to be the best game I've ever played.

The gameplay is very simple, and yet takes a long time (years!) to master.  There came a point where I no longer had to "think" about combat, and could just let my reflexes take over.  Then, it became a matter of taming my emotions and reactions to the point where I could reach a level of cool control.

There are race tracks in game that record player times in milliseconds.  Is there one other online game that does that?

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

• TolgeranthTolgeranth Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Just subbed, game does have its moments.

Check out Incarnate's update today:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/guild/vendetta-online/posts/390429

RTS in a MMORPG - coming soon!!  Also be sure to check out the comments section of the KS page; some people have been waiting a long time for a project like this.