Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO, Elder Scrolls Online Beta!

ExzearExzear Member UncommonPosts: 65

Hell yeah! some awesome stuff from ESO today :) (Elder Scrolls Online)

Beta sign up and Epic trailer!

if you didnt know all this here are some links :)

Trailer:

Signup page: (very busy atm just so you know)

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/01/21/sign-up-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-beta-test-today

Interview by MMORPG

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/7061/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Paul-Sage-Talks-Beta-Crafting-and-Progression.html

And a Podcast!

http://www.bethblog.com/podcast/

A nice FAQ about Beta

http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/679

What do you guys think About ESO? lets discuss pros and cons and how we think the game will be!

Youtube.com/TheNorseGamer

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    There are about 2-3 threads already discussing this. Look around the forums

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ExzearExzear Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Well heres a new one and on General Gaming forums.

• ibn_Cartwellibn_Cartwell Member Posts: 47

Pros, Elder scrolls lore, graphics

Cons, developers have no idea how to use the lore, heavily instanced, class based instead of skill based, themepark BS, subs will be up first couple monthes, then majority of players will leave except those who like themeparks and easy mode

Originally posted by ibn_Cartwell

Cons, developers have no idea how to use the lore, heavily instanced, class based instead of skill based, themepark BS, subs will be up first couple monthes, then majority of players will leave except those who like themeparks and easy mode

Yeah i mean thats what happends to all the WoW clones but this game has alot of potential and im kinda excited for beta. after my favorite game of all time died a horrible death (darkfall 1.0/darkfall online) and the new game darkfall unholywars sucked balls i kinda have to try and find something that might interest me and ES games are epic and ESO might be aswell! i just hope there is some fun PvP either super competetive like WoW arena so you can get better nad see rank and so on.. or really good raiding.

• ibn_Cartwellibn_Cartwell Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Exzear

Yeah i mean thats what happends to all the WoW clones but this game has alot of potential and im kinda excited for beta. after my favorite game of all time died a horrible death (darkfall 1.0/darkfall online) and the new game darkfall unholywars sucked balls i kinda have to try and find something that might interest me and ES games are epic and ESO might be aswell! i just hope there is some fun PvP either super competetive like WoW arena so you can get better nad see rank and so on.. or really good raiding.

If ESO for reason changed up there whole game, keeping the combat (fps style) from previes ES games, kept the epic quests, and kept a skill based system ( like previous ES games ), made it entirely open world, with out silly copies, and maybe focused more community enchancing things, unlike Facebook integration which is just silly, it might have a chance, but no developer in his right mind would do that how far they've come with there crap, they gonna release and make whatever money they can back and call it done.

Originally posted by Exzear

If ESO for reason changed up there whole game, keeping the combat (fps style) from previes ES games, kept the epic quests, and kept a skill based system ( like previous ES games ), made it entirely open world, with out silly copies, and maybe focused more community enchancing things, unlike Facebook integration which is just silly, it might have a chance, but no developer in his right mind would do that how far they've come with there crap, they gonna release and make whatever money they can back and call it done.

yeah the worst thing for me since i love ES games and darkfall 1.0 i really would have liked to see combat being like in ES i know melee will be like that. but you will have targets for spells and archery.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Factional segregation is a BIG negative. They should have realised this at the concept stage instead of trying to jam DAoC into Elder Scrolls.

yeah, i mean i would be OK if you started in 1 of the alliances but could switch sides if u wanted to.. you have always been able to do what you wanted in ES games i know this is an mmo so its not hte same but still.. but maybe that will come in the future.

but also its good because this balances the population of the alliances i think..

anyway what races are you going to pick? im going kahjit! worst alliance tho but think i will still stick with them :)

This discussion has been closed.