Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Open Beta Events Scheduled

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Firefall team has announced a series of public open beta events, the first of which is slated to go live on January 25th. Players will have forty-eight hours to check out Firefall and then two more events in which to participate later this spring.

These Beta Weekend stress-tests will be completely unlocked with no keys required – allowing everyone to participate in the Tribe’s Closed Beta push. Additionally, each 48-hour weekend will incorporate a community unlock, exclusive contest and unique theme to teach new players what Firefall is all about. This weekend features:

• Skillshot Contest (Video) – Record and submit an epic skillshot video for a chance to win a prize pack filled with Firefall SWAG and Razer™ gear

• Skillshot Contest (Screen) – Screencap a stylish skillshot for a chance at being featured on the official Firefall Facebook page

• Community Unlock – Play during the weekend to unlock an exclusive, customized Battleframe decal

• Livestream – Join a special episode of Firefall Live on TwitchTV to see Athene and Reese owning the competition with their own skillshots

Find out more on the Firefall Beta Weekends page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Crickets...TESO beta just announced (kidding)

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    its global agenda with better graphics IMO
  • DilweedDilweed Member UncommonPosts: 222

@SidQFT

You haven't played firefall otherwise you wouldn't say that

You think planetside 2 is also the same?
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Firefall's bad. Unfortunately, it's mainly because of their testers having absolutely zero clue as to how to design a FPS game that could also be an eSport title. Red5 listens, sure... except they're slow and even when they "listen", they implement the "improvement" in horrible ways.

Game isn't going anywhere.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by wormed

Firefall's bad. Unfortunately, it's mainly because of their testers having absolutely zero clue as to how to design a FPS game that could also be an eSport title. Red5 listens, sure... except they're slow and even when they "listen", they implement the "improvement" in horrible ways.

Game isn't going anywhere.

Agreed. It may release but I doubt it will survive today's market.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    i thought the game was fun.  I liked the pve element in a pvp fps.
  • SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Dilweed

@SidQFT

i have.

and it is.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    I think the game has actually regressed in the last year. They need to get there stuff together and get it moving forward and quit this Esport nonsense.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Draemos
    I think the game has actually regressed in the last year. They need to get there stuff together and get it moving forward and quit this Esport nonsense.

This, a million times this. eSports. Heh.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by SidQFT
    Originally posted by Dilweed

@SidQFT

i have.

and it is.

Agreed. I've played GA and Firefall and both games are very very similar. And no, planetside 2 isnt the same as those 2. The only thing done better in Firefall is the ability to headshot and maybe how guns works. Both games are pretty terrible IMO but Firefall is better. I've always dislike HiRez, they are clueless on how to make a great game. They are becoming the 2nd EA like cash cow, releasing new games very quickly with little content, they make money, slow/completely scrap the process of releasing new content/updates in like a year after the game is release, then work a their new project and start all over again. This is how HiRez work.