Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Beta Signups for ESO Announced

Comments

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    I'm curious, when is the last time anyone actually got into a AAA MMO from a generic beta signup?  It's always a gaming site promo, or a giveaway, or a mass guild invite, etc.  I'm pretty sure they just throw these damn things in the trash.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Draemos
    I'm curious, when is the last time anyone actually got into a AAA MMO from a generic beta signup?  I've got into low profile games, but it's been probably 5 years since I got in to a AAA game through an actual beta signup sheet.
     It's always a gaming site promo, or a giveaway, or a mass guild invite, etc.  I'm pretty sure they just throw these damn things in the trash.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by sodade21
    isnt a little bit early for this game to come out even as a beta?? hmmm.... unfinished product smells here...

Hasn't it been in developemnt for 5 years already with a release date (according to them) of late 2013?

That's what I thought.  Q4 2013 was their goal.  Which means about Q1/Q2 2014.  My understanding is it got delayed to make it more "Skyrim-like" with combat. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by achesoma
    isnt a little bit early for this game to come out even as a beta?? hmmm.... unfinished product smells here...

Hasn't it been in developemnt for 5 years already with a release date (according to them) of late 2013?

That's what I thought.  Q4 2013 was their goal.  Which means about Q1/Q2 2014.  My understanding is it got delayed to make it more "Skyrim-like" with combat. 

hmmm, well I"m certainly ok with that!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZydariZydari Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Can't wait for this one. Hope I get picked. Elder Scrolls is my favorite RPG series,

Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor.

Thomas Jefferson

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by achesoma

Apparently not delayed much if they are asking for signups, most games turnaround from signups to live in under 6 months.

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Meh, After many attempts, I will just give up and let those more fortunate than me play this game. I guess I will stick to single player RPGs and the upcoming Monster Hunters. I seem to get burned out too quickly to play and full MMOs anymore, and getting frustrated at the sign-up process just demonstrated that even more to me.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Jesus, this is a lot of comments in such a short period of time.  Who ever said this game was flying under the radar on this site, was sorely mistaken.

let the GW2-ization of this sub forum commence.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Sephastus
    Meh, After many attempts, I will just give up and let those more fortunate than me play this game. I guess I will stick to single player RPGs and the upcoming Monster Hunters. I seem to get burned out too quickly to play and full MMOs anymore, and getting frustrated at the sign-up process just demonstrated that even more to me.

Why bother coming to an mmorpg forum then?

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Wow. That could be the best trailer I´ve EVER seen for a game. Bring me Elder Scrolls The Movie!!! Ohh, and signed up..
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I have a question. Why didn't they show any orcs, redguard, argonians or khajiit in the trailer?

Why do "AAA MMORPGs" require 5 minute Cinematic Trailers (SWTOR anyone?)

Since when have TES elves been "pretty"? Now, instead of staying true to their lore, TES elves look like generic fantasy ala Warhammer elves. Don't get me wrong, of course they are easier on the eyes now, but TES elves were unique fugly, with their unique features.

PS. Full points for the trailer though. Indeed, beautiful CGI, probably the best cinematic trailer so far.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

Now, I like SW:TOR.  Heck I think it's a great game.

But I won't deny that those cinematics were hardly 'representative' of final gameplay.  the assassin sliding across the gap between the two towers?  EPIC.  Will the game be anything like that?

Almost definitely not. 

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Maephisto

Jesus, this is a lot of comments in such a short period of time.  Who ever said this game was flying under the radar on this site, was sorely mistaken.

I highly doubt anyone seriously considered this game ever an under the radar.  The IP alone is an enormous attraction to many.  Many, many many will come and see what to become of an Elder Scrolls MMO.  Whether they love it or hate it, they will come.  Won't be suprised if this has the biggest crowd yet compared to other MMOs (GW2, SWTOR).

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Cool, ty for the info.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    This is your current closed beta selection chance rating. Average, plus the captcha made me type a naughty word. Lol.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Sephastus

Why bother coming to an mmorpg forum then?

I held up hope till the very end. Once I saw that I was not interested on what was trending since a few years ago (GW2), I should have seen the writting on the wall. Going to wait to give FFXIV one final shot when it gets re-released, but I think I have grown out of love with MMOs in general.

It's perfectly understandable course of action. If you can't see it, then just give it a few years. If you are just trolling, then: well played sir, you got me.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Woot can't wait.  This game is going to be epic.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by Maephisto

I highly doubt anyone seriously considered this game ever an under the radar.  The IP alone is an enormous attraction to many.  Many, many many will come and see what to become of an Elder Scrolls MMO.  Whether they love it or hate it, they will come.  Won't be suprised if this has the biggest crowd yet compared to other MMOs (GW2, SWTOR).

Check the teso sub forum.  It was a relatively recent topic/thread (Last  week or so).

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Not working here. Tried 3 times.

Are they testing us before they let us test the game?

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Damnit.  I was just about done and I accidentally hit CTRL+R (refresh) instead of Windows+R (run dialogue box) and lost it.  Now I can't get back in.  Arg.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Badgered86
    Damnit.  I was just about done and I accidentally hit CTRL+R (refresh) instead of Windows+R (run dialogue box) and lost it.  Now I can't get back in.  Arg.

Let us know if it worked 2nd time

• GXRrangerGXRranger Member UncommonPosts: 42

This is like the best ever trailer.

awesome...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Gah... tried twice and got the 'turn back adventurer page not found' rubbish... not a great first encounter with the company tbh. Can't even get a sign up running smoothly it seems. Ahh well, will try later.

And while it has, ofc, bugger all to do with the actual game, that trailer is nice.

I guess we should all get used to your negativity over the coming months.

Way to judge someone on one post, just because they state having a page fail twice on a beta sign up (and all info lost) is not a great first encounter.

Just stating the truth, and so be it if that truth is deemed 'negative'.

Funny how you just picked up on the issue I stated and not the compliment I gave the trailer... must just be what you choose to focus on I guess.

I bet you any money you'll be on here day after day telling us all how this game is going to suck.

/sigh... OK, whatever, you are obviously just here to troll individuals and not talk about the sign up process, the trailer, or the game.

Moving on now.

/sigh.. Another Cinematic.

Still no actual In-Game footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sv160bre2og

9 minute long Dev video with plenty of in game footage.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    What race is the guy in the hood?

Breton

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I have just watched this video http://youtu.be/KxJTsq2XeKY , now did anyone else get a sense of deja vu in that I felt I was watching the same script from pre GW2 manifesto video?  I'm pretty sure I did.

I wish the game all the success and it does look interesting, can it live up to the sales patter? after the recent MMO's coming out over the past 2 yrs or so, I have my doubts.  1 mega server for all players? is this possible? don't see it myself, but will wait and see.  Good luck to them.