Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

MMO you hate the most because of the fans

Comments

• LoLifeLoLife LA, CAPosts: 174Member
    I hate rabid fanbois in general.
  • BathnorBathnor Standish, MEPosts: 136Member
    The game I hate because of the fans? That's an easy one, Runescape. Game is full of immature scammers.
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary AgadirPosts: 646Member
    Guild Wars 2 hands down. I love the game as you can see from my playing hours but fans are the worst i have come across.
  • sumfoolsumfool tweedPosts: 13Member

MICROVOLTS , the quality of the fake people that play that game is sad .

i mean seriously it blows my mind that 1 game can play host to so many total losers and jerky jerks .

everytime 99% of any player dies they always have some insult and excuse like "noob . you got lucky thats all".

seriously i wipe out of team of 8 players and 7 of them have an insult followed by an excuse lol 

• AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member
    GW2. A rabid pack of wild dogs would be a better community than that cesspit.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Grotar89Grotar89 beograd, CAPosts: 343Member

All sanbox MMOs their fans just blatantly hate all themeparks and want to turn evry game into sanbox, sadly they cant realise sanbox ppl are huge minority and most of them are open world gankers who enjoy only to grief other players.

Also I hate GW2 haters since most of them didnt even try the game and pretty much all the things they say about it are false...They are hating it just coz its cool to hate new game and it is very sucesfull MMO...

I dont know know any other fans who collected money and sent 300 cupcakes to developers and donated rest of money to charity... Hey but yea GW2 fans are sure worst.....

• YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member

GW 2. Many rabid fans who are claiming it is the best thing since sliced bread and how innovative and good it is etc etc.

The thing is that every new triple A title seems to have these people and most of them dissapear or go quiet 6-12 months after release. Which probably means they got bored and moved on...

Originally posted by Grotar89

All sanbox MMOs their fans just blatantly hate all themeparks and want to turn evry game into sanbox, sadly they cant realise sanbox ppl are huge minority and most of them are open world gankers who enjoy only to grief other players.

Also I hate GW2 haters since most of them didnt even try the game and pretty much all the things they say about it are false...They are hating it just coz its cool to hate new game and it is very sucesfull MMO...

You kinda put your foot in your mouth dude. First you hate on people who like sandbox RPG's then get upset when people don't like a game you do like.

Just looks silly.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 uniondale, NYPosts: 346Member
    might as well call GW2 scapegaoat wars 2. their fans haven't been put out in the rain yet, we hate em!
  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Everquest
    Or ex wow fans who fell out with it because "scrubs get welfare epix"

Every new mmo beta you get these guys wanting to make it a raid raid raid game, strip out all pvp and make it a grindy old boring chore for everyobe except them.

the raiding advocates turn me off

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Bassett, VAPosts: 173Member
    Originally posted by Starpower

I'm sorry I'm not that irrational

Hating something because a certain group of people likes it, is just that. Irrational not to mention stupid

this will also be my answer

• Grotar89Grotar89 beograd, CAPosts: 343Member
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

You kinda put your foot in your mouth dude. First you hate on people who like sandbox RPG's then get upset when people don't like a game you do like.

Just looks silly.

Every post I see here from sanbox fans is lol fail another theme park it crap and smth other..... Their logic is if it aint Sanbox it sucks and it is a failed game....

I get upset when ppl post and bash the game spreading missinformation and blatant lies. There are ppl who explain their reasons but most of the time posts about GW2 are EPIC FAIL, GW2 is DEAD and other.....

GW2 is now probably the most hated game here next to TESO which gets so much trash and thats sad coz  it rly has some promising and good ideas....

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Just looks silly.

Every post I see here from sanbox fans is lol fail another theme park it crap and smth other..... Their logic is if it aint Sanbox it sucks and it is a failed game....

I get upset when ppl post and bash the game spreading missinformation and blatant lies. There are ppl who explain their reasons but most of the time posts about GW2 are EPIC FAIL, GW2 is DEAD and other.....

GW2 is now probably the most hated game here next to TESO which gets so much trash and thats sad coz  it rly has some promising and good ideas....

Agreed, TESO does show promise and the people here do bash games they don't like a lot. I like sandbox and I like themepark. They are both fun to me. GW2 just wasn't my cup o tea per say :)

• LexinLexin Ellenville, NYPosts: 702Member Uncommon

WoW - I don't hate the fans I hate the community in the game. Same goes for other MMO's for me it's not the fans but the community of the MMO. I don't go into a forum and see spam just instantly fill my screen but I go into an MMO and my chat is filled with childish spam.

I have played other MMO's that had a few bad eggs but none even come remotely close to WoW.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by deamian
    Never have and never will let people choose or influence what I like and don't like. Pretty weak minded to do so.

LOL, you must be really naive if you think you are that independent. It goes against human nature to not let anyone else influence what you like or don't like. 

Originally posted by Deivos

(...)

I mean we even have at least one person who openly admitted he dislikes a game he never played in this thread simply because he disagrees with the people that played it. In the OP itself you have a mostly ok statement that breaks down because of poor frame of reference and a terribly pointless question.

Is there any question that is per se automatically not pointless?

• AzaqinAzaqin Willowick, OHPosts: 65Member
    The only game ever featured on MMORPG.com whose fans I despised is a game whose devs I despised even more. War Z.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member
    Originally posted by AgentAnarkii

Hating something because a certain group of people likes it, is just that. Irrational not to mention stupid

+1

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by ShakyMo

actually in game the GW2 community is good by modern standards

part of that might be down to game design and what not, no node stealing and what have you.

(...)

That is just blatant hand-holding. If you don't give the players a chance to behave badly, then the actions are neutral: neither good nor bad. If there is one thing other than the gold-for-gem system I dislike about GW2: it is that they are literally holding our hands.

Originally posted by RizelStar

+1

It is not irrational if an important aspect of that "something" is the community, because then the community has to be judged.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott BristolPosts: 433Member

Of all time I would say Runescape.  I used to get scammed all the time, I was scared to talk to people because I was scammed so much.  That was 10 years ago though.  If the community was decent I would probably still be playing.

Now, hands down it is GW2.  I have never met such belligrerent, infuriating, passive aggressive people.  It has come to the point that when GW2 is mentioned on forums, instead of contributing my thoughts I just leave.

• RednecksithRednecksith Madison heights, MIPosts: 1,238Member

I don't hate games based on their fans. However, to answer the question of which fanbase I dislike the most, I'd have to say GW2. Tired of some of those people proclaming that the game is the most innovative thing EVER, that all other games bow before its greatness, etc. It gets tiresome, such as when someone possessed of certain beliefs keeps telling everyone how wrong they are to believe something different.

Path of Exile fans are a close second lately though with their tiresome, "This is the true successor of D2 and blah blah blah fuck that loser Jay Wilson blah blah bullshit bullshit lie" crap.

• trenshodtrenshod charlotte, MIPosts: 128Member
    Easy one, GW/GW2 fanboys
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,473Member Uncommon

WAR fans: "PvP or BUST!!!!"->they destroyed their own game

GW 2 fans: "You have every right to enjoy that...game. Me, however, am going to embrace the future."->just lolz

WoW fans: "You can either implement Raids or go die scrub!"->how the entire genre fel

But please note, I do not hate. I just dislike what happened as the result of their constant whining/crying.

• ScottgunScottgun Williamsville, NYPosts: 356Member
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by RizelStar

+1

It is not irrational if an important aspect of that "something" is the community, because then the community has to be judged.

Indeed. I call this don't-call-that-chat-box-fart-smell-a-refreshing-summer-breeze rule.

Now we're calling prostitutes "sex workers". What's next? Calling hit men "end-of-life technicians"?

This discussion has been closed.