Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO you hate the most because of the fans

Comments

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Guild Wars 2 hands down. I love the game as you can see from my playing hours but fans are the worst i have come across.
  • sumfoolsumfool Member UncommonPosts: 13

MICROVOLTS , the quality of the fake people that play that game is sad .

i mean seriously it blows my mind that 1 game can play host to so many total losers and jerky jerks .

everytime 99% of any player dies they always have some insult and excuse like "noob . you got lucky thats all".

seriously i wipe out of team of 8 players and 7 of them have an insult followed by an excuse lol 

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    GW2. A rabid pack of wild dogs would be a better community than that cesspit.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

All sanbox MMOs their fans just blatantly hate all themeparks and want to turn evry game into sanbox, sadly they cant realise sanbox ppl are huge minority and most of them are open world gankers who enjoy only to grief other players.

Also I hate GW2 haters since most of them didnt even try the game and pretty much all the things they say about it are false...They are hating it just coz its cool to hate new game and it is very sucesfull MMO...

I dont know know any other fans who collected money and sent 300 cupcakes to developers and donated rest of money to charity... Hey but yea GW2 fans are sure worst.....

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

GW 2. Many rabid fans who are claiming it is the best thing since sliced bread and how innovative and good it is etc etc.

The thing is that every new triple A title seems to have these people and most of them dissapear or go quiet 6-12 months after release. Which probably means they got bored and moved on...

Originally posted by Grotar89

All sanbox MMOs their fans just blatantly hate all themeparks and want to turn evry game into sanbox, sadly they cant realise sanbox ppl are huge minority and most of them are open world gankers who enjoy only to grief other players.

Also I hate GW2 haters since most of them didnt even try the game and pretty much all the things they say about it are false...They are hating it just coz its cool to hate new game and it is very sucesfull MMO...

You kinda put your foot in your mouth dude. First you hate on people who like sandbox RPG's then get upset when people don't like a game you do like.

Just looks silly.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    might as well call GW2 scapegaoat wars 2. their fans haven't been put out in the rain yet, we hate em!
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Everquest
    Or ex wow fans who fell out with it because "scrubs get welfare epix"

Every new mmo beta you get these guys wanting to make it a raid raid raid game, strip out all pvp and make it a grindy old boring chore for everyobe except them.

the raiding advocates turn me off

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Originally posted by Starpower

I'm sorry I'm not that irrational

Hating something because a certain group of people likes it, is just that. Irrational not to mention stupid

this will also be my answer

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

You kinda put your foot in your mouth dude. First you hate on people who like sandbox RPG's then get upset when people don't like a game you do like.

Just looks silly.

Every post I see here from sanbox fans is lol fail another theme park it crap and smth other..... Their logic is if it aint Sanbox it sucks and it is a failed game....

I get upset when ppl post and bash the game spreading missinformation and blatant lies. There are ppl who explain their reasons but most of the time posts about GW2 are EPIC FAIL, GW2 is DEAD and other.....

GW2 is now probably the most hated game here next to TESO which gets so much trash and thats sad coz  it rly has some promising and good ideas....

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Just looks silly.

Every post I see here from sanbox fans is lol fail another theme park it crap and smth other..... Their logic is if it aint Sanbox it sucks and it is a failed game....

I get upset when ppl post and bash the game spreading missinformation and blatant lies. There are ppl who explain their reasons but most of the time posts about GW2 are EPIC FAIL, GW2 is DEAD and other.....

GW2 is now probably the most hated game here next to TESO which gets so much trash and thats sad coz  it rly has some promising and good ideas....

Agreed, TESO does show promise and the people here do bash games they don't like a lot. I like sandbox and I like themepark. They are both fun to me. GW2 just wasn't my cup o tea per say :)

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

WoW - I don't hate the fans I hate the community in the game. Same goes for other MMO's for me it's not the fans but the community of the MMO. I don't go into a forum and see spam just instantly fill my screen but I go into an MMO and my chat is filled with childish spam.

I have played other MMO's that had a few bad eggs but none even come remotely close to WoW.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by deamian
    Never have and never will let people choose or influence what I like and don't like. Pretty weak minded to do so.

LOL, you must be really naive if you think you are that independent. It goes against human nature to not let anyone else influence what you like or don't like. 

Originally posted by Deivos

(...)

I mean we even have at least one person who openly admitted he dislikes a game he never played in this thread simply because he disagrees with the people that played it. In the OP itself you have a mostly ok statement that breaks down because of poor frame of reference and a terribly pointless question.

Is there any question that is per se automatically not pointless?

• AzaqinAzaqin Member UncommonPosts: 67
    The only game ever featured on MMORPG.com whose fans I despised is a game whose devs I despised even more. War Z.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by AgentAnarkii

Hating something because a certain group of people likes it, is just that. Irrational not to mention stupid

+1

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by ShakyMo

actually in game the GW2 community is good by modern standards

part of that might be down to game design and what not, no node stealing and what have you.

(...)

That is just blatant hand-holding. If you don't give the players a chance to behave badly, then the actions are neutral: neither good nor bad. If there is one thing other than the gold-for-gem system I dislike about GW2: it is that they are literally holding our hands.

Originally posted by RizelStar

+1

It is not irrational if an important aspect of that "something" is the community, because then the community has to be judged.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Of all time I would say Runescape.  I used to get scammed all the time, I was scared to talk to people because I was scammed so much.  That was 10 years ago though.  If the community was decent I would probably still be playing.

Now, hands down it is GW2.  I have never met such belligrerent, infuriating, passive aggressive people.  It has come to the point that when GW2 is mentioned on forums, instead of contributing my thoughts I just leave.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I don't hate games based on their fans. However, to answer the question of which fanbase I dislike the most, I'd have to say GW2. Tired of some of those people proclaming that the game is the most innovative thing EVER, that all other games bow before its greatness, etc. It gets tiresome, such as when someone possessed of certain beliefs keeps telling everyone how wrong they are to believe something different.

Path of Exile fans are a close second lately though with their tiresome, "This is the true successor of D2 and blah blah blah fuck that loser Jay Wilson blah blah bullshit bullshit lie" crap.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Easy one, GW/GW2 fanboys
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

+1

It is not irrational if an important aspect of that "something" is the community, because then the community has to be judged.

Indeed. I call this don't-call-that-chat-box-fart-smell-a-refreshing-summer-breeze rule.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

+1

Ok I'm sorry, your right, well let me just get this off my chest,

So I don't know this just might be crazy but if we want to be honest, the reason why fans on this forum don't really turn me off the game they like is because if we are going to be honest with ourselves who causes the fans to react the way they react?

Pleas let's not play dumbass.

Fans of all MMOs act like bitches at times, most of the time it's because a lil hating ass bitch comes out the woodwork an start talking that shit, then haters that agree come and be like "Damn son, why so fiesty?" The fans be like "Well that guy started it by posting his her nonsense." and then that's when it starts.

Now fuck the bullshit, I have been a bitch at times toward some games, in fact the only one I can think of is SWTOR. Though then I stopped because I don't even play the game, I tried it out but I didn't care for it much, so why should I take the time out my day to keep posting concerns if I really didn't care for it.

I read all 31 pages, most of the people I see post that they hate a game because of the fans are the exact reason why fans are fiesty, now I know no one is goin to admit that shit because they are not going to be in the cool kid club, but if we are honest with ourselves, over half of the posters in this thread, if not the most vocal in this thread are the main ones causing shit with said game , they are with out a doubt the exact reason why fans of the game they hate are the way they are.

It's already been pointed out, could easily point out at least 7 more users who do the same shit causing drama in forums and etc, that shit is obvious, this isn't just GW2, I don't even get the extreme hate on WoW fans, shit is dumb.

It's dumb as fuck to hate a game because of fans when most of the people that hate the game because of the fans start shit with the fans. I don't give a fuck how it's spinnd but I swear on my life that when I see shit like that, it's dumb as fuck.

Like I know for a fact that since it's cool to hate on this forum, that my post is going to be TL:DR and most likely ignored. That would bring the question "why post it then?" Well just thought I'd give my 2 cents as to why I agreed to that other poster.

As it may not be right, but in the case of this thread half of what's being said is stupid and more so the reasons.

I may have seen 5 or 6 good reasons to "hate" said game because of the fans. Notice how hardly any one in this thread says "I hate this game because here is why *insert all links of you and said fans*" The reasons is not just because it's work but those fools know damn well they can't just post their side an get away with it, they know that someone with common sense can see that "Oh he won't post the times he been fucking with fans though." That, my friend, is why not only I find most these reasons stupid, but the hypocrisy in this thread is leap and bounds higher than any thread I've read on this forum. It's down right sad, and when someone on this forum talks about the game they hate because of their fans it actually would make me want to see for myself.

I understand that a lot of people go by the community but TwoThreeFour if you are going to be honest with yourself, please understan that a lot of the posters in this thread don't give two shits about that factor, they really don't, and I know Im not the only one who notices that, I know I'm not. Hell someon who wasn't even a fan of a game(GW2) called out someone, and was labeled a fan.

But you know what please believe in what you want to believe I'm only speaking based on what I've seen on these forums, and I do take note and pay attention to many people, I have yet to go read post history, but I remember the shit that I see, I mean shit I'm a GW2 fan, I don't like what many GW2 fans say on this forum or do, because no one is perfect at the end of the day we are all humans, people hate games for many reasons, but some just hate a game just because it isn't their "baby" so any opportunity to hate on the game or bash it they take, and that is being shown in this exact topic.

Anyways I'm out of this topic, peace.

+1 to the haters of any game for this topic on this forum.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

Not so much a singular MMO, but a genre. I hate sandbox fans thanks to forums. I've seen plenty of posts of them going into any MMO that isn't specifically stated to be a sandbox mmo, call it WoW clone trash, insiuate that anyone that doesn't play sandbox mmos has a low IQ and are the reason no good games come out, and sing loving songs about how wonderful SWG, or Shadowbane were. Yet the games they call trash(Rift, WoW, Aion, etc) are still around, and the servers for SWG and Shadowbane are probably being used in a call center now.

Mind you, I don't actually hate sandbox MMOs or people that do enjoy them. But there are a few(many?) sandbox fans that make themselves look like pig headed deluded fools about the genre. There's a reason those two games died and its not because of non-Sandbox fans(even SWG, if it were are great as people made it out to be, SWTOR just wouldn't have existed or would have existed side by side).

The work part is a lot of them think that its "sandbox or themepark, there is nothing else". Maybe the next big mmorpg(if there ever is another) will be a sandbox and I can ignore it as these people rub it in our faces about how enlightned they were years ago. Maybe it will be a style of MMO that players haven't considered. I just hate in every MMO seeing at least 3 threads on the first page if not more of "Why this game will fail" with the reasoning being its not a sandbox and thefore it's trash. It gets old at that kind of attitude is the reason I take a measure of glee watching games like SWG or Shadowbane shut down, because jerk offs like that are losing something they like, even if the non-trolls are losing it too, which does suck for them.

Ok I'm sorry, your right, well let me just get this off my chest,

So I don't know this just might be crazy but if we want to be honest, the reason why fans on this forum don't really turn me off the game they like is because if we are going to be honest with ourselves who causes the fans to react the way they react?

Pleas let's not play dumbass.

Fans of all MMOs act like bitches at times, most of the time it's because a lil hating ass bitch comes out the woodwork an start talking that shit, then haters that agree come and be like "Damn son, why so fiesty?" The fans be like "Well that guy started it by posting his her nonsense." and then that's when it starts.

Now fuck the bullshit, I have been a bitch at times toward some games, in fact the only one I can think of is SWTOR. Though then I stopped because I don't even play the game, I tried it out but I didn't care for it much, so why should I take the time out my day to keep posting concerns if I really didn't care for it.

I read all 31 pages, most of the people I see post that they hate a game because of the fans are the exact reason why fans are fiesty, now I know no one is goin to admit that shit because they are not going to be in the cool kid club, but if we are honest with ourselves, over half of the posters in this thread, if not the most vocal in this thread are the main ones causing shit with said game , they are with out a doubt the exact reason why fans of the game they hate are the way they are.

It's already been pointed out, could easily point out at least 7 more users who do the same shit causing drama in forums and etc, that shit is obvious, this isn't just GW2, I don't even get the extreme hate on WoW fans, shit is dumb.

It's dumb as fuck to hate a game because of fans when most of the people that hate the game because of the fans start shit with the fans. I don't give a fuck how it's spinnd but I swear on my life that when I see shit like that, it's dumb as fuck.

Like I know for a fact that since it's cool to hate on this forum, that my post is going to be TL:DR and most likely ignored. That would bring the question "why post it then?" Well just thought I'd give my 2 cents as to why I agreed to that other poster.

As it may not be right, but in the case of this thread half of what's being said is stupid and more so the reasons.

I may have seen 5 or 6 good reasons to "hate" said game because of the fans. Notice how hardly any one in this thread says "I hate this game because here is why *insert all links of you and said fans*" The reasons is not just because it's work but those fools know damn well they can't just post their side an get away with it, they know that someone with common sense can see that "Oh he won't post the times he been fucking with fans though." That, my friend, is why not only I find most these reasons stupid, but the hypocrisy in this thread is leap and bounds higher than any thread I've read on this forum. It's down right sad, and when someone on this forum talks about the game they hate because of their fans it actually would make me want to see for myself.

I understand that a lot of people go by the community but TwoThreeFour if you are going to be honest with yourself, please understan that a lot of the posters in this thread don't give two shits about that factor, they really don't, and I know Im not the only one who notices that, I know I'm not. Hell someon who wasn't even a fan of a game(GW2) called out someone, and was labeled a fan.

But you know what please believe in what you want to believe I'm only speaking based on what I've seen on these forums, and I do take note and pay attention to many people, I have yet to go read post history, but I remember the shit that I see, I mean shit I'm a GW2 fan, I don't like what many GW2 fans say on this forum or do, because no one is perfect at the end of the day we are all humans, people hate games for many reasons, but some just hate a game just because it isn't their "baby" so any opportunity to hate on the game or bash it they take, and that is being shown in this exact topic.

Anyways I'm out of this topic, peace.

+1 to the haters of any game for this topic on this forum.

http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx

This discussion has been closed.