Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh Em Gee

AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Comments

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    this could be the greatest mmorpg  ever made even if we don't know much about it, I'm willing to get hyped
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    this could be the greatest mmorpg  ever made even if we don't know much about it, I'm willing to get hyped

You and me both. I haven't been hyped since WoW really, it's refreshing to feel giddy about a game release. Sadly, people will try to dismantle others who get hyped by it on this forum.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Strange, looks very much like Age of Conan to me, just a little more "high fantasy" involved

---->   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ErinDarkstarErinDarkstar Member UncommonPosts: 27
    You can sign up for beta now.  
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Hope is good.  Keeps us going.  Of course that could be incorrect as there seem to be alot of people living on despair or maybe just apathy here.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    well, we know quite some things already from interviews and people that actually played the game
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Strange, looks very much like Age of Conan to me, just a little more "high fantasy" involved

I think it looks like eve online with a bit of Warhammer Online. Let's all list games and say which looks like what because it means something

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

It was cool in November when it came out,(the video I mean) and it's cool now, it was enjoyable to watch it again.

That said, I've ridden hype trains before, and while I'm interested in ESO, I'm not taking the plunge and saying that I'm excited. There are very definitely things that they are saying that resonate with me, the 3 faction PvP, but there are things that I'm equally apprehensive about.

It's been a long time since I've had a game involve me for years at a time, too many themeparks where once content is chewed up it's hard to find reasons to login and play. I'm not sure what ESO is going to do about that, and honestly the PvE seems to follow the tried and true path, so when it's done, is the PvP going to be reason enough for me to login? I honestly dont know today.

Definitely keeping an eye on it, and I want to see where it goes, but I dont know if I'll ever find a game that demands my time like some past titles have done, and maybe it's as much me, as the genre, but...

I'm glad to see though that despite many sour outlooks around here, there are people who are feeling positive and lookin' forward to it. Cheers to you!

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

I think it looks like eve online with a bit of Warhammer Online. Let's all list games and say which looks like what because it means something

It means "Been there, done that".

Eve online.. haha funny

The Return of ELITE !

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    That trailer that was just released is quite possibly the best CGI i have ever seen, i've no idea how this game will turn out but big props to whom ever did that trailer. amazing!!!
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    That trailer that was just released is quite possibly the best CGI i have ever seen, i've no idea how this game will turn out but big props to whom ever did that trailer. amazing!!!

Nice advertising trailer, well done,  but CGI means nothing.

Look at SWTOR CGI trailers and what came out of it.

I decided years ago to completely ignore CGI trailers, imho complete money waste which should be put into the development instead.

The Return of ELITE !

I decided years ago to completely ignore CGI trailers, imho complete money waste which should be put into the development instead.

Why exactly is it a waste of money if it generates hype which creates interest?

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

And thats what makes the hype train go round and round... round and round... round and round....

The point of hype IS to generate interest.  If that interest consumes you to the point where you cannot evaluate if the product is good for your personally, thats not an issue with hype.

Hype can only be as big as the people manifesting it.   Once you realize that it becomes a non-factor other than its original purpose... to get you talking about it.

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

And thats what makes the hype train go round and round... round and round... round and round....

The point of hype IS to generate interest.  If that interest consumes you to the point where you cannot evaluate if the product is good for your personally, thats not an issue with hype.

Hype can only be as big as the people manifesting it.   Once you realize that it becomes a non-factor other than its original purpose... to get you talking about it.

Yes i am hyped for this game, get over it!

CGI trailers are useless. They don´t represent the gameplay, they don´t show anything you can actually do in game.

I´d rather see the million dollar investment going to programmers instead of ADS.

The Return of ELITE !

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Looks really good, but the whole time I was thinking hmm this reminds me of another game.  Very swtor-esque.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

CGI trailers are useless. They don´t represent the gameplay, they don´t show anything you can actually do in game.

I´d rather see the million dollar investment going to programmers instead of ADS.

This.

CGI trailers tell absolutely nothing about the game. More specifically, it means that a lot of money is invested in marketing, which means nothing to game development.

Don't get me wrong, I wan't this game to suceed, but give me gameplay videos, not CGI and developer monologues.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by DeniZg

This.

CGI trailers tell absolutely nothing about the game. More specifically, it means that a lot of money is invested in marketing, which means nothing to game development.

Don't get me wrong, I wan't this game to suceed, but give me gameplay videos, not CGI and developer monologues.

I totally agree. To be honest, I get excited most of the time when a new big game is announced with a potential new world to explore, but I don't get any excitement from CGI, only gameplay...and even then you can't always tell the shortcomings until you are playing through to end game. I liked SWTOR, but I had no idea just how linear it would feel until I got out of the start areas. I expected and wanted the starter area to feel somewhat linear, but not the whole game...would never get that from a CGI or even a gameplay video.

There Is Always Hope!

I dunno what to tell you guys, every time I see a big MMO release a CGI trailer, regardless if it is ESO, or was SWTOR or Rift, but I still get goose bumps from them. CGI trailers inspire a lot of people to make their choices. I'm not saying I base my choices on that, but if a trailer gets me giddy, it's a step in the right direction.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    Looks really good, but the whole time I was thinking hmm this reminds me of another game.  Very swtor-esque.

Was thinking exactly the same myself

- hero engine

- long CGI trailers

- little or no gameplay footage released

Screams another SWTOR to me.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

If CGI trailers mattered then Hellgate London would have been the best game ever lol.

I am super excited nontheless.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Mounts?
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Teala
    Mounts?

from what i have heard yes to ground based mounts like horses but no flying mounts(at least at launch)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Teala
    Mounts?

from what i have heard yes to ground based mounts like horses but no flying mounts(at least at launch)

Let's hope they stick to ground based mounts only. Especially in PvP areas. Rift got this one right, flying mounts killed a lot of content in WoW.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I see the trailer and become depressed.  It's a beautiful world they have created but sadly it's looking more like a typical MMO rather than an Elder Scrolls game.  They had no right to take away the core freedoms fans have came to expect out of the series.  It is an established IP that stands by it's own merits with open-ended adventures.  Suddenly they are focusing on PvP DAoC style and taking away defining elements to create this vision.