Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delaying Maintenance HAS been done..........for the Allies

Thought I would wait a couple weeks for things to cool down here to post this but since they haven't,  I will post it now.  Several weeks back,  sometime after the start of the latest map....the Allies were making a push for a significant town down south and almost had it capped.  If I recall there were down to 2 CP left.  DOC logged in at the time and announced in AHC blue chat (While I was still in AHC) that maintenance was fast approaching and "how much longer" were we gonna need to finish the town.  We told him we were working as fast as we can and it would be soon and to please please hold off.  At this time DOC then conveyed to us he would give some type of "technical difficulty" excuse in Global Chat about Maintenance saying he was working on it and it would start ASAP.  For the next 15 minutes or so DOC lite a fire under our asses as AHC to hurry up and finish this town as he can't delay much longer actually using a few curse words in .hc to get his point across which was a surprise as I never heard DOC speak like that.  The minute we capped the town he did a Global message saying the "issue" was fixed and we all got the 10 minute warning that maintenance was inbound.

So you see.......the ANTWERP cluster could of been avoided if DOC really wanted it to be.  It is quite clear that CRS are pulling out all the punches to "help" the Allies win this PITY MAP.  I don't blame them though,  when you only won 2 of the last 11.....it has NOTHING to do with Senior AHC leadership right?  OH and before some accuse me of making up this story to stir the pot...I simply ask those AXIS to remember back a few weeks when DOC had "issues" with daily maintenance and needed to postpone it an extra 20 minutes or so.

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Comments

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    /popcorn
  • MosqMosq Member Posts: 67
    Well done on belittling your former HC compadres like that. Geez.
  • RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Mosq

They had no issue doing the same when I was thrown under the bus by his royal highness NY75 after I was in AHC for as long as I was.  Its called "Karma" and the chickens are coming home to roost.  Its amazing all the "stories" you are privvy to being in HC as long as I was.  I can go on for weeks,  like a Grandpa telling his grandchildren war stories.....but I will hold off and spread them all out equally for pure entertainment value,  of course.

Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by Mosq

They had no issue doing the same when I was thrown under the bus by his royal highness NY75 after I was in AHC for as long as I was.  Its called "Karma" and the chickens are coming home to roost.  Its amazing all the "stories" you are privvy to being in HC as long as I was.  I can go on for weeks,  like a Grandpa telling his grandchildren war stories.....but I will hold off and spread them all out equally for pure entertainment value,  of course.

I bet you got some stories to tell, please do tell, i'll grab a sandbag :)

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

The bigger issue is that Axis only does well during non-peak times in North America and since Axis players are moslty online when it is peak playing time in GERMANY and Allied players are mostly online during North America peak times this game will continue to be a series of population mismatches with few and far between "fair fights".

As a result, Axis wins maps simply based on Axis playerbase rolling through towns while the Allies sleep or are at work. Therefore, expect the GM's to bend the rules to help the losing cause --- it's only a bone anyways.

Originally posted by Ozivois

The bigger issue is that Axis only does well during non-peak times in North America and since Axis players are moslty online when it is peak playing time in GERMANY and Allied players are mostly online during North America peak times this game will continue to be a series of population mismatches with few and far between "fair fights".

As a result, Axis wins maps simply based on Axis playerbase rolling through towns while the Allies sleep or are at work. Therefore, expect the GM's to bend the rules to help the losing cause --- it's only a bone anyways.

A BONE that made many of the few remaining dedicated Axis players UNSUB.  Don't believe me?  Look at the map since The thursday cluster in Antwerp.  The Allies started to roll east now....coincidence?  I think NOT!

Seems you are right... 1 AO currently and 18 people on the axis side in missions in EU Prime
    Originally posted by Abyssuss
    Seems you are right... 1 AO currently and 18 people on the axis side in missions in EU Prime

Why thank you!  It is hard to be humble when I am right as often as I am.  I even do this with 1/2 my brain tied behind my back.  Ray Charles can even see the writing on the wall.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

This thread is almost as desperate as your thread in Axis Secure.

Did you get banned again, just curious?

Thought I would wait a couple weeks for things to cool down here to post this but since they haven't,  I will post it now.  Several weeks back,  sometime after the start of the latest map....the Allies were making a push for a significant town down south and almost had it capped.  If I recall there were down to 2 CP left.  DOC logged in at the time and announced in AHC blue chat (While I was still in AHC) that maintenance was fast approaching and "how much longer" were we gonna need to finish the town.  We told him we were working as fast as we can and it would be soon and to please please hold off.  At this time DOC then conveyed to us he would give some type of "technical difficulty" excuse in Global Chat about Maintenance saying he was working on it and it would start ASAP.  For the next 15 minutes or so DOC lite a fire under our asses as AHC to hurry up and finish this town as he can't delay much longer actually using a few curse words in .hc to get his point across which was a surprise as I never heard DOC speak like that.  The minute we capped the town he did a Global message saying the "issue" was fixed and we all got the 10 minute warning that maintenance was inbound.

So you see.......the ANTWERP cluster could of been avoided if DOC really wanted it to be.  It is quite clear that CRS are pulling out all the punches to "help" the Allies win this PITY MAP.  I don't blame them though,  when you only won 2 of the last 11.....it has NOTHING to do with Senior AHC leadership right?  OH and before some accuse me of making up this story to stir the pot...I simply ask those AXIS to remember back a few weeks when DOC had "issues" with daily maintenance and needed to postpone it an extra 20 minutes or so.

Screenshots since you say it was in chat or it didn't happen....

Originally posted by pittpete

Screenshots since you say it was in chat or it didn't happen....

Don't have to prove anything to WWII biggest fanboi......simply ask the Axis that were logged in at the time.  As for being banned,  nope....still alive and kicking.  I just come here to post things critical of the DEV team since you are not allowed to on their official site.  Did enjoy seeing you come unhinged at my post about you....must of touched a nerve.  Since you do play Axis......there is no arguing about my point about how the map has swung east since last thursday's antwerp joke.  Keep up the cheerleading though,  perhaps they will throw in a free month for you soon (tm).

Screenshot of DOC saying it over chat or it didn't happen.....LOL

Otherwise just more Tilo drama.

Originally posted by pittpete

Screenshot of DOC saying it over chat or it didn't happen.....LOL

Otherwise just more Tilo drama.

Again,  I don't have to prove anything. Enough Axis and Allies were logged in and I guarantee you some will recall the incident.  Funny thing is I already got 2 PM's here saying they distinctively recall this incident.  As for the drama,  it seems like you are the only one refuting every post critical of CRS.  Perhaps I should hit some of the other sites like Steam and spread the "goodness".  Oh wait,  that's right.....they are not even on the RADAR of Greenlight anymore....so much so XOOM has taken to writing them personally and beg......ermmm I mean asking them for more "exposure".

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Your a very bitter person, and that's a shame.
  • mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

Allies are loosing so consistentily because their HC has no depth thanks to CRS ruthlessly gutting it during the last purge. 

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134

Classy post rigamortis. To think I used to respect Tilo

sad to see

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

Tilo, just post the evidence.

Hard evidence is impossible/difficult to ignore.

You don't have to prove anything to me, but I'm not the one making statements I can't back up.

Therefore your statements are only hearsay/fantasy/wishfull thinking/dramatazation.

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56
    It's true that Antwerp could have been avoided. All DOC had to do was play his own game to see. 
    Originally posted by Zanzibar1138

Classy post rigamortis. To think I used to respect Tilo

sad to see

1. I dont have to prove anything,  enough Axis and Allies were logged in I am quite confident many will remember this.

2. I don't give a rats ass (catchy phrase) if you or anybody else respects me now or before in a video game.  My skill speaks for itself and I still have accomplishments no other bomber has ever succedded with before or after me.

3.  I like cake

Originally posted by Stug
    Your a very bitter person, and that's a shame.

So me voicing my distain for the DEV team makes me bitter?  What does it say about you and the rest of the cheerleaders here accepting what is being shoveled by CRS and having blinders on to it?  I have beach front property here in Arizona I am selling and looking for a buyer,  interested?  Take a look at yourself before you judge others.

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44

You clearly dont know when EU prime is then because theres 3 ao's on constantly the last days eu evening.

Originally posted by MouzurX

You clearly dont know when EU prime is then because theres 3 ao's on constantly the last days eu evening.

I clearly do, and the last "few days" have been something called "the weekend" ofcourse there will be more AOs......