Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banning Energy Drinks

I hear that new york is banning most energy drinks, except perhaps Red Bull. Or  was it making energy drinks have a 21 age limit to purchase.

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Stupid considering a cup of coffee has more caffeine than most energy drinks as it is and the fact you can buy caffeine pills over the counter.
  • nerbonnerbon Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by wallet113
    I hear that new york is banning most energy drinks, except perhaps Red Bull. Or  was it making energy drinks have a 21 age limit to purchase.

i would ban coca cola too

too much suger

• GdougGdoug Member Posts: 13

Caffeine isn't the problem.

It is all the other stimulants and chemicals in many energy drinks that they are starting to think can cause a deadly chemical combination resulting in heart attack.

But good luck banning caffeine. It is the #1 legal drug in the world.

Gdoug, currently playing Threshold RPG (role playing required MUD)
    http://www.thresholdrpg.com

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

It seems that no matter what you eat or drink, someone will tell you not to consume it.  The U.S. seems to have too many health nazis.

Live your life and just accept the fact you are not going to live forever.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by wallet113

From what i read the "ban" is aimed at teenagers.

If you read the label on energy drinks you'll see that most of them specifically say that they're not to be consumed by anyone under the age of 18; in other words, the company itself is saying that children shouldn't drink the product.

This ban, as you call it, is just an enforcement of the company's policy with regards to it's own products.

If the company that produces the crap says it's product is not intended for the under 18 crowd what sort of position is a store owner in to disagree?  Do you really think your local mom and pop has an FDA type lab in the back where they test the product they sell before they sell it?  Mom and Pop are selling this crap to kids and they need to stop because, as I've said, according to the producer it's not to be consumed by children.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Then what will we mix our alcohol with at night clubs and parties?

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    As what others have said here Caffine isnt the problem, Unealthy Lifestyle and Living is. People and childern need to be taught how to eat and live a Healthy Lifestyle. I know this coming from Experiance. Banning Energy Drinks is a step backwards, not forwards.
  • MaidenberryMaidenberry Member Posts: 30
    what's next? coffee? o.O
  • edda0199edda0199 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by kb4blu

It seems that no matter what you eat or drink, someone will tell you not to consume it.  The U.S. seems to have too many health nazis.

Live your life and just accept the fact you are not going to live forever.

That would be true, every food has its own health value, our bodies muat have blanced of all value, no more no less.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Drink responsibly. It's not the drink that's the problem. It's the Darwin candidates who abuse and drink too much at once thinking they are invincible.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!