Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] World of Tanks: Climbing the Chinese Tech Tree

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week, Wargaming.net released the Chinese tank line into World of Tanks. We've taken a bit of time to see how they fare against other tanks and have a full preview of the latest update. Read on and then tell about your experiences in World of Tanks in the comments.

Set up in our 121s, we rolled easily through the village of Himmelsdorf and within minutes of navigating its narrow streets, were handily outmaneuvered. The 121 is easy enough to steer and has good stopping power (if you don't panic and start firing at inanimate objects). I was taken out fairly quickly though, and then sat back to watch the rest of the team get slaughtered. There wasn't a whole lot of flag-capturing happening here; it was more like a collective trouncing that got a little silly in the end, due to some tight corners and one high ledge. The last few minutes were spent watching the two remaining tanks get stuck on top of each other and swing their turrets back and forth in a spastic attempt to take each other out. (Note: tanks are not great at hand-to-hand combat.) 

Read more of Neilie Johnson's World of Tanks: Climbing the Chinese Tech Tree.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Cool but no thanks, we already have a Russian tank tree.
  • TitanGripTitanGrip Member UncommonPosts: 5

They need to stop making more and more lame tanks.

And instead give us new maps to play!

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Not saying we don't like the new tree's and tanks but yes they do need to pick up the pace on some new maps and whatever. I enjoy the game very much but running the same maps I've found that i go places i normally wouldn't just to spice things up a bit. We need at least 10 or more new maps, then another couple every few months should make some of us happy.  

Peace

Lascer

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Never played WoT, but this sounds inteesting HMm
  • NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175
    it does need new maps alot. The game is fine for free, takes alot to get in high tiers but hell its free. High end cost is insane to repair, maps get boring after 10-20 matchs a day or so. but I still play it and enjoy it time to time wish they would add on maps etc. :)
  • ZerackusZerackus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The game rocks, sorry. The new tanks have a place, just takes a lot of getting used to before you figure their place out on the battle field.

Zerackus the Bane
    Son of Myrkul
    Undead Lords
    www.undeadlords.net