Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHATS WRONG WITH GW2 DYNAMIC EVENTS

Comments

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by boxsnd

They sounded good as an idea but after a few days almost everyone realized that traditional questing (especially the way it was done in cataclysm, each zone having its own story) is much more fun in the long run. 

This guy.  Almost everyone realised it huh? Some of you people are really reaching deep when it comes to GW2.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

They sounded good as an idea but after a few days almost everyone realized that traditional questing (especially the way it was done in cataclysm, each zone having its own story) is much more fun in the long run. 

I like (and play) both games.  Questing was never the issue for me but exploring.  Though WoW gives me options to achieve in other areas (fishing, pet battles, etc) there never was a real reason to explore azeroth.  Thats what missing (in most MMOs today).  This is where GW2 shines.  I agree due to the action combat and focus on exploration some depth is lost, but it doesnt mean its forgotten and could be enhanced over the years.   The game just launched.

If they add enough "new" stuff to the game it can be turned into something long term.  I'm going to wait and see.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I don't understand where your perception that people are fed up with DEs is coming from, OP, when you don't play the game yourself.  Unless it just comes from reading chains of uninformed threads akin to yours. 
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    DE on GW2?. Just NO. 
  • LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Pretty sure this game is dominating the market, but hai 5 to you.

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

Lol, some of the crap you spew, is funny as hell. Dominating the market, lol.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Leucent

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

Once it releases in the Asian market we will see.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

Are you telling that another game has outsold GW2 in the past 4 years?

I love destorying people on this forum. Owned another. Just another notch on my belt.

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

I like (and play) both games.  Questing was never the issue for me but exploring.  Though WoW gives me options to achieve in other areas (fishing, pet battles, etc) there never was a real reason to explore azeroth.  Thats what missing (in most MMOs today).  This is where GW2 shines.  I agree due to the action combat and focus on exploration some depth is lost, but it doesnt mean its forgotten and could be enhanced over the years.   The game just launched.

If they add enough "new" stuff to the game it can be turned into something long term.  I'm going to wait and see.

I don't get it. How is GW2 focused on exploration when your map is already explored and all the things you could explore are already marked on it? It's like a game of connect the dots, there is nothing to gain from exploring unknown territory at all.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

I don't get it. How is GW2 focused on exploration when your map is already explored and all the things you could explore are already marked on it? It's like a game of connect the dots, there is nothing to gain from exploring unknown territory at all.

Hard to add exploration rewards these days with Google. Maybe if they could figure out a way for chests to randomly reset to a different location in the world each time someone opened it.

I agree with you though. Once 80 there is no reason to go exploring. You don't get anything out of it except some good graphics and artwork.

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

I love destorying people on this forum. Owned another. Just another notch on my belt.

A shit game called Diablo 3 , damn I love destroying people on these forums.

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

D3 is a single player RPG.

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

I see you know as little as I thought, I ll leave it at that.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

Well, MoP sold nearly 3million on it's first weekend and is predicted to hit 4.5.  Subscriber numbers are still near 10 million and I think we are still waiting for a China release - just as we are waiting for GW2 China release.

Additionally, someone else stated D3 sold alot (6.3million) and sorry to say, it's an MMORPG.  So really, you destroyed yourself.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

By that logic, you might as well never leave home in real life.  I mean, why go somewhere new for vacation to do some sight seeing when you can just look at it's location on the map and be happy with that?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

The Party is over is what happened..

The Janitor cleaned up all the confetti,alcohol bottles,other various trash and went home.

GW2 really isnt anything special,its a solid theme park,but falls too close to the same ol same ol.

People got bored and moved on,just like any other MMO these days.

hit it for a month,then you quit it.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Anet over-sold how DE's worked before launch.

'Entire zones will change!' turned out to be a pretty shady marketing spin etc. I can't think of a single case where Anet weren't entirely truthful to their playerbase before GW2 so that was really surprising.

Most people aren't doing DE's though, they are in LA, FoTM, WvW. Heck, even Anet has accepted this as a 'problem / mistake'.

Just look at ANet's 2013 blog and how they used more than half to say 'This is how we are going to get players into the world cause 20-70  zones are dead.' 

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

You still bash the game without any form of facts only make you look stupid.

Yes the major vista,poi are marked on the map.

Hidden chests,jumpingpuzzles, rich mining nodes are not you have to go out and find them they are not marked on the map.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

There are two issues with the game that basically killed any interest I had in it.

I come from a school of gaming that puts a lot of power in the hands of the player, but the thing is is that success or failure in GW2 is 90 per cent based upon RNG and 10 per cent on player skill, because that's how the game is designed. You 'stack the deck' in your favour by grinding for stats, traits, and gear, so you'll never have a moment where you're just storming through two zones higher than where you're supposed to be because of skill alone. Just try that in GW2, it isn't happening. This might explain why most zones after about level 20-30 are empty.

And that brings me to the other reason why I dropped it like a bad habit. Most zones after level 20-30 are empty. I was getting sick of RNG deciding the fate of my character by that point, especially because dynamic events were balanced around at least ten people doing them. This means that when zones are empty, dynamic events become utterly broken. It's exactly the same problem that Warhammer Online had with its public quests, and it's the problem they swore to us their game wouldn't have. And yet there it is.

So, ultimately? They promised me an action RPG, and they promised me fun dynamic events. They failed to deliver on both counts. GW2 is about as 'action' as your average Final Fantasy game, and the dynamic events are just broken thanks to the waning popularity of the game. If they'd delivered the game they'd promised, maybe things would have been different.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

and yet its sold less the D3 which has had a pretty luke warm showing itself (compared to previous expectations) As someone else pointed out above WoW is still pretty mych dominating the market not GW2 (and no i don't play WoW before you call me a WoW fanbois) Not saying GW2 hasn't done ok for itself selling maybe a bit more then rifts expansion but its a far cry from dominating the market.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by mcool

dynamic events in gw2 was supposed to be revolutionary ,but a couple months down the line and it  seems as if people are fed up with the game. 

I haven't had the privilege of playing the game, so i wanted to ask all you gamers. what happened. i thought the dynamic events meant that the maps were not static. things were constantly changing plus you have an influence over what happened in the game. isnt that what you guys wanted. 

its sad too see another game,so hyped fall below par.. i guess WOW will dominate untll they close their servers 

because they are anything but dynamic..

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Gw2 is not WoW.

Thank God.

Realy single player? Then how is it I can i group with my friends and play it? As another poster stated before me you really don't know very much. You should stop as that hole of ignorance your digging just makes you look worse and worse

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by winter

Realy single player? Then how is it I can i group with my friends and play it? As another poster stated before me you really don't know very much. You should stop as that hole of ignorance your digging just makes you look worse and worse

You can group and play ME3 with your friends too, and its still single player RPG. Same with D3.

Hell, you can even group and play Baldurs Gate 1/2 with your friends. And nobody called it MMO yet either.

And NWN1/NWN2 even have persistant worlds (community built/maintained BUT persistant). And nobody called it MMO ever. And i have to admit that some of those worlds beat 90% of MMOs out there.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Daxamar
    Originally posted by mcool

I haven't had the privilege of playing the game,

Stoped reading right there..

You got passed "seems like people are fed  up" then. 

"A reliable source informed me" it's because Anet is actually run by aliens! True story.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Well originally, they were supposed to be adding new metas and new events every month not this temporary holiday crap and certainly not this "you must now run only a single dungeon over and over and over again" crap we've seen in every other game since the dawn of mmo's.......

If they had added those metas and permanent events every month since launch they would have fewer people complaining (outside of the list of people who usually do anyway who tend to be people who dan't stick with a single game longer then a month anyways).

So that being said who ever got ahold of the design process in November should be fired, plain and simple. I dunno who was suddenly in charge of the direction of the game that led to the november release but it's just out of this world stupid of them to turn 180 from their 7 year design philosophy in a single patch. Add to this the lack of efficient management with squashing bugs (every week there seems ot be a new one for engineers) for the classes and the restrictions they've placed on open world rewards and loot and you'll have a recipe real quick for disaster.

I personally am giving them three months. If they aren't going to take these original problems seriously (like fixing the bugs) then I'm out. I'm floating around in the ether to see if people report more problems or report they've finally done something constructive.

Oh wait, you haven't played the game? And you think it's the DE's that are making people leave? LOL okay yeah whatev....smh

Anyway the reason people are leaving (if they are permanently or if they are like me and waiting) isn't due to DE's it's due to their system of no reward for time spent. They decided that they changed their model just before launch to that of gear with stats, then they said exotic would max, then in they told us it would be DE's only dungeons would be a side carnival ride, then in nov they systematically removed all loot from the open world including the dragon meta events, and put in place a single dungeon with better gear then exotics and they wondered why everyone left the open world. Suddenly people weren't doing any of the events in the highest level zones anymore (some being required for various things like in Orr.) So we have this huge world right, not a soul in the place except the town where the dungeon is located in which the only thing you see in zone chat is "LFG FotM" over and over again. Sound familiar? Yeah, I've had 7 years of dungeon only lobby games thanks.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Imo event he rifts in rift were more dynamic, since the whole area was burning after or was full of ice xD. I dont see what is so dynamic from bringing a big cow from 1 side to the other and all the gnoms are happy about saying thank you lol.
This discussion has been closed.